Page 366 of 562 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 8425
  1. #5476
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Okay, so Wakanda is protecting several African Nations -- I don't see why that would be a problem.
    that's not the issue that they are protecting African nations. the issue is that one happe s to be Ororo's home country which could lead to potential conflict between Ororo and Tchalla which I dont want.

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm shall Destroy Wakanda for her "Brother's and Sister's"!!!!
    YES!! Thank You Hickman for bringing this GLORIOUS day to ME.
    Attachment 87259
    in your dreams hunny bunny. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Because he's black man that ain't falling for the white mutant supremacy of it. Storm can fall for it all she likes. I'm glad he's not curtailing to the mutant nation of Krakoa especially when they couldn't be bothered to take Bishop seriously. Lmao the idea that T'Challa is potentially anti-mutant when he's been running around with BOTH Ororo and Manifold in Wakanda and that's on top of him offering sanctuary for Nehzno and Muti (the mutant from Shuri's solo).
    Yea Tchalla is taking a stand and considering the things his country has experienced I can understand his position.

    Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Jean and Storm

    I love it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Here is what I think, and I'm not saying my theory is a 100 percent. But looking at the seeds that are already planted, Ororo and T'Challa will be at odds, although not necessarily combative, but we will possibly see a split at some point.

    They both will choose their respective positions, and from a narrative standpoint, we know why that is. Neither are exactly wrong in their decision, so bashing one or the other because---Waaaah! Why isn't Ororo or T'Challa standing by her/his significant other? Waaaah!--is not productive at all considering Hickman is writing a very "Shades of Grey" kind of narrative.

    Plus, this will give me post AvX/Divorce fallout teas, and those times were hella annoying.

    So once they make their positions known to one another (T'Challa basically has, going by HOX 5), they will probably split up--assuming they don't weather the storm (pun definitely intended).

    And to add to that, there's probably a reason NuNakia is hanging around, unless she dies or something in the next few chapters of BP.
    I hope you are wrong and I hope that Nunakia h@e does a tragic, horrible death... nah she just need to find a man in her own timeline. and stop being a homewrecker ok!!! t'choro forever!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    lovely!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I love Black Panther. But the conflict between Krakoa and Wakanda is very clearly spelled out in those pages, and drama is coming. No way it's going to be a non-issue.

    I see both sides. I think Wakanda is completely in the right to distrust the mutants after AvX. And while I am cool with how Coates has portrayed the relationship with T'Challa/Ororo from what I've seen, if you're asking me to make a binary choice between seeing Ororo with the mutants or Ororo with T'Challa and Wakanda it's door #1 every time. And it'll always be that way for her, IMO.
    I'm on the side where both sides will be sensible and understand each others position. but time will tell.

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This is something that I see happening as well. I think the romantic/intimate aspects of their relationship may potentially come to end for a little bit.
    I hope not. coates said this is his favorite or one of his favorite wakandan couples. I dont see it going down without him fighting for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The mutants almost destroyed the nation the last time they had this kind of power. They are now nigh-unkillable and have a nation populated by a number of nearly omnipotent mutants, some of whom are ancient villains.

    I am on the X-Men's side, but I get it.
    yup I would be on high alert if i were a nation that did not recognize krakoa.

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You and I have come up with two wildly different interpretations of what happened. It clearly says that Wakanda does not need Krakoan drugs to sustain themselves as a nation. They don't need it. They also don't need a link to Krakoa anywhere near Wakanda especially knowing that they're harboring EVERY MUTANT VILLAIN IN EXISTENCE. I don't think one of the smartest men on the globe would look at this scenario and think to himself, "oh, wow. Gee, that's a good idea."

    It makes very little sense to someone who has a fondness for T'Challa and HIS personal sensibilities. Anyone who actually knows him should know that he walked away from the illuminati because he correctly deduced that they all were headed to calamity.

    Your points about Kenya, which I really didn't consider until you brought it up, only serve to harden my resolve. T'Challa managed to bring Kenya into play and under HIS protection. Isnt that EXACTLY how Coates uses her in Wakanda? Isnt that HER role in his mythos according to HIS and SHURI'S solo? She was elevated to a protector of Wakanda - HIS HOME? Well, that's exactly what this story suggest he's done for Kenya. He's taken them under his protection and is providing aid. This certainly isnt his first time either. Are we seriously about to play like he hasn't donated BILLIONS to the mutant casyse prior to this? Again, I think many of the biases that come into against his character and the relationship with Storm tends to cloud what seems pretty logical to me. He loves Stotm and he himself has placed her on a pedestal in his country. Her given place one that can only be described as rivaling that of Bast herself. And now he's managed to take Kenya under his protection? That actually sounds like a gesture of love.

    Excuse me, sir. You win my undying affections. I'm not sure how anyone that loves him and has an understanding of HIS love language in regards to Storm could ever assume he doesn't accept her because openly and blindly accept Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Selene, Frenzy, Sabertooth, Daken so on and so forth. A genuine understanding of his role and what he stands for couldn't possibly be allow for this line of thinking. That's why I'm saying the only way this particular lome of thinking holds any weight is if someone already personally doesn't like him and as a vested interest in seeing the relationship come to an end. PERIODT.

    Say it louder for the worshippers of Hadari Yao all the way back in Alkama. Thank you and YES!

    Yaaaasssss to all of this.. thank you for knocking some sense back into my head!!! I love the parallels you have brought to the forefront, each of them playing the role of protector in each other's home nation. Wouldnt it be amazing if through this parallelism we see them somehow usher in a new age where mutants and humans alike coexist without the need for separation?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #5477
    ☁ϟ CookieOnTsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    8,083

    Default

    Okay but for personal reasons can someone remove the X off her stomach and make the underside of her cape red? I wanna make it my lockscreen. b6af34c60b6cee04bc1ae7d2e632cc50.jpg
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

    Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡


    Jean Grey Slander? Not on MY watch!

    CHECKMATE [/B]

    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  3. #5478
    Spectacular Member sugarfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    So many people saying Storm sounded like a cultist.
    Personally for me, the use of the word brother and sister triggers something cult-y. I know that within context, Scott and Jean are her family, but I cannot let go of that stigma with cults using those terms casually. And within her personality, she tends to be formal sometimes. It's just within the context of everthing that is happening that I don't blame some readers finding it a bit cult-y.

    But I do agree with everything else you said.

  4. #5479
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Here is what I think, and I'm not saying my theory is a 100 percent. But looking at the seeds that are already planted, Ororo and T'Challa will be at odds, although not necessarily combative, but we will possibly see a split at some point.

    They both will choose their respective positions, and from a narrative standpoint, we know why that is. Neither are exactly wrong in their decision, so bashing one or the other because---Waaaah! Why isn't Ororo or T'Challa standing by her/his significant other? Waaaah!--is not productive at all considering Hickman is writing a very "Shades of Grey" kind of narrative.

    Plus, this will give me post AvX/Divorce fallout teas, and those times were hella annoying.

    So once they make their positions known to one another (T'Challa basically has, going by HOX 5), they will probably split up--assuming they don't weather the storm (pun definitely intended).

    And to add to that, there's probably a reason NuNakia is hanging around, unless she dies or something in the next few chapters of BP.
    Jalysia everything you said is plausible and it falls in line with my personal interpretation quite nicely. The fact that they are two different people and their priorities are bound to be different, it makes sense that they'd come down on different sides of this issue.

    What I find a little confusing is the idea that they'll be at odds BECAUSE he doesn't support mutants. How does that hold up to scrutiny? He's literally poured billions of his own money into mutant affairs. He harbors mutants within the borders of his country. Storm, Manifold, Gentle, and Shuri's new friend Muti fly right in the face of that.

    There will be drama, but it won't be because he doesn't accept mutants or because he harbors anti-mutant sentiment. Ideologically it will be because mutants have a nation that's literally without borders. You plant a seedling and you have a Krakoa gateway. Why would he allow one within the borders of Wakanda when its clear any mutant can come through the gate? And no humans are allowed.

    The only mutant that we know he truly can't stand is Namor. But as someone mentioned in another thread, he was in full support of Jean's initiative in X-men: Red. Since that time what has changed? The mutants are harboring criminals and they're dealing out their own criminal justice. A mutant could potentially commit a crime (Sabertooth) and then other mutant s could swoop in to demand that they handle his detainment. He has a better relationship with Reed and Sue than anyone in the X-books save for Storm. You think he hasn't heard about the incident involving Cyclops and the mention of Reed's first born? I kinda understand why people chose to interpret the cultist vibe, but I disagree. Not because it's totally out of the realm of possibility, but because I want to believe Storm is operating with her own sense of agency. The ones who picked up on the cult vibes have legitimate claims. I want to believe Storm is better than that tho. That's just me.

    Here is where things get really interesting. While I want to believe that she has her own sense of agency, her exchange with BP under Priest calls this new status quo into question. Storm makes a point of telling T'Challa that he's in danger of becoming just like Magneto. It's a condemnation of the type of man she see him becoming. She isn't pleased. Fast forward to House of X #5 and now Storm is following closely in Magneto's footsteps. How does this gel with the woman that has always been all inclusive of the human experience as whole? (I mean besides not finding her OWN paternal bloodline.)

    Bottom line for me, idea of simply accepting the mutant nation of Krakoa isn't really so simple. It requires that Wakanda operates under a whole new set of principles. Wakanda has been successful all this time for rejecting the imperialism of modern society. Wakanda Janet forced themselves on anyone. Why would he turn around and let the mutants of Krakoa (including Magneto, Apocalypse, Selene, Emma Frost, Mystique and Sabertooth) turn around and dictate terms when it's clear that Wakanda doesn't need any of their goods?

    Why would T'Challa take any chances? Especially when Storm remains the token voice of minorities leadership in a space that is built on an overwhelming white mutant majority? I hope the answer isn't just because Storm says so. How did that work out when Bast judged her and said that she didn't think Storm gave herself fully to T'Challa and Wakanda? Storm checked her, and rightfully so.

  5. #5480
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    308

    Default

    This new status quo with the X-Men, as well as the NuNakia in BP will be as big or as small on Ororo and T'Challa's relationship based on how Marvel has decided to move forward with their relationship in the comics. No amount of in-comic logic or even fan preference matters if they want them as a full-fledged couple, friends, or enemies. Personally, I hate the lover to enemy trope. I also hate that comic book readers and writers think it cool to pit them physically against each other. Turning two loving people into combatants is a trope, when layered with race (yes, the image of a black/African man and woman, in a media with next to no loving/romantic depictions of that kind of couple does matter), is something I cannot get onboard with.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-19-2019 at 05:35 AM.

  6. #5481
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    308

    Default

    I just noticed the BP/Storm Relationship thread is closed. Does anyone here know why?

  7. #5482
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I just noticed the BP/Storm Relationship thread is closed. Does anyone here know why?
    If it was made in 2018 the moderators probably closed it along with the other 2018 appreciation threads?

  8. #5483
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    This new status quo with the X-Men, as well as the NuNakia in BP will be as big or as small on Ororo and T'Challa's relationship based on how Marvel has decided to move forward with their relationship in the comics. No amount of in-comic logic or even fan preference matters if they want them as a full-fledged couple, friends, or enemies. Personally, I hate the lover to enemy trope. I also hate that comic book readers and writers think it cool to pit them physically against each other. Turning two loving people into combatants is a trope, when layered with race (yes, the image of a black/African man and woman, in a media with next to no loving/romantic depictions of that kind of couple does matter), is something I cannot get onboard with.
    I'm not really a fan of the BP/Storm marriage, but to this day I find AvX: Versus #5 to be one of the absolute most disgusting comics Marvel has ever published.

    It was basically domestic violence played out like a prize fight. That was ####ed up.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  9. #5484
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm not really a fan of the BP/Storm marriage, but to this day I find AvX: Versus #5 to be one of the absolute most disgusting comics Marvel has ever published.

    It was basically domestic violence played out like a prize fight. That was ####ed up.
    Yes, them engaged in a physical fight was outrageous and not at all in their character. An ideological argument, sure, that makes a lot of sense for two strong-willed characters. It's crazy how many people were so excited to see a husband and wife engage in fisticuffs. WTF? That was the big promo (Storm vs BP) and people ate it up. Smh. I'm hoping writers don't revisit that kind of awful characterization. I don't see Coates doing that, but writers don't have ultimate control over the direction Marvel wants for the very characters they write.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-19-2019 at 07:18 AM.

  10. #5485
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's not the issue that they are protecting African nations. the issue is that one happe s to be Ororo's home country which could lead to potential conflict between Ororo and Tchalla which I dont want.
    Okay... And, why wouldn't Ororo not want Kenya protected? Didn't Ororo help protect Wakanda recently?

  11. #5486
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post


    When asked her name she says "Marvel Girl" first? Yeah, I'm gonna save a lot of money behind this story arc.
    It's mutant name she chose for herself. In Hickman's story mutants have their human and mutant name. Scott answered "Cyclops" first before saying "Scott Summers".

  12. #5487
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,560

    Default


  13. #5488
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Just saw these on twitter and freaked out! Thank you for posting them here Juan!!

  14. #5489
    Spectacular Member stormstan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Finally some good f*cking art

  15. #5490
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,312

    Default

    Ororo looks beautiful on her solo cover. Finally a good one!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •