Page 38 of 662 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    What kind of role do you want/expect Storm to have in AoXm?

Nate was concerned about human impact on the environment so this AU will likely be an environmental paradise. That's probably why Nature Girl made the A-team. Storm could be largely responsible for the environmentalism but I wonder where she will go from there.
    A commanding leader who use her mutant abilities to do more then lightning bolts.

Death to Marvel's version of Lightning Lass
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Carol vs Real women Captain Marvel. Rambeau wins easy.She can hurt zeus. Strom vs Carol can go either way.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I would like her to step into a leadership position again but after her issues are addressed. I don't want her to just step it up. I hate when behavior is just brought in and then just ignored like nothing because it comes across as manic even if I hate the it. Maybe Jean can confront her on what's been troubling her on a shopping/ice cream therapy trip. Or she goes on an African trek for a couple of issues to refocus herself and then she can come back kicking asses! I also want her to get creative with her powers. What I find interesting is that they keep saying its hard to write someone so powerful but they don't mind overpowering other characters. I smell BS. I also want to see her branch out outside into the greater Marvel universe and I don't just mean Black Panther. Who outside of the X-Men do you think she'd get on well with? Or who would be good frenemies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A commanding leader who use her mutant abilities to do more then lightning bolts.

Death to Marvel's version of Lightning Lass
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I would like her to step into a leadership position again but after her issues are addressed. I don't want her to just step it up. I hate when behavior is just brought in and then just ignored like nothing because it comes across as manic even if I hate the it. Maybe Jean can confront her on what's been troubling her on a shopping/ice cream therapy trip. Or she goes on an African trek for a couple of issues to refocus herself and then she can come back kicking asses! I also want her to get creative with her powers. What I find interesting is that they keep saying its hard to write someone so powerful but they don't mind overpowering other characters. I smell BS. I also want to see her branch out outside into the greater Marvel universe and I don't just mean Black Panther. Who outside of the X-Men do you think she'd get on well with? Or who would be good frenemies?
    Well said.

Besides BP I’d like to see her appear in:

FAntastic Four (A solid reunion/team-ups but focus on refreshing the friendship with her and Invisible Woman)
    Captain Marvel & Avengers (build on the long friendship of her and Carol, team-ups w/ Black Widow, Thor, Falcon & Capt America)
    Non X-Frenemies - Iron Man, Doom, Medusa, Loki, Nightshade & Namor(king of X-verse but not really) and Black Cat
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-27-2019 at 04:07 PM.

How could I not show my love for my second favorite member of the X-Men (after Logan aka Wolverine)? Storm is such a dynamic and powerful character with a unique powerset. I only hope Marvel does more with her moving forward, especially in a leadership role.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well said.

Besides BP I’d like to see her appear in:

FAntastic Four (A solid reunion/team-ups but focus on refreshing the friendship with her and Invisible Woman)
    Captain Marvel & Avengers (build on the long friendship of her and Carol, team-ups w/ Black Widow, Thor, Falcon & Capt America)
    Non X-Frenemies - Iron Man, Doom, Medusa, Loki, Nightshade & Namor(king of X-verse but not really) and Black Cat
    Thanks! Agreed on FF and I really like your choices for frenemies. Especially Loki.

Y'know back when Monica was written cool under Stern I liked to imagine her and Storm becoming gal pals. Storm was the leader extraordinaire and Monica was being groomed for it. I was a bit disappointed that interaction was passed over in the Avengers vs. X-Men mini-series in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thanks! Agreed on FF and I really like your choices for frenemies. Especially Loki.

Y'know back when Monica was written cool under Stern I liked to imagine her and Storm becoming gal pals. Storm was the leader extraordinaire and Monica was being groomed for it. I was a bit disappointed that interaction was passed over in the Avengers vs. X-Men mini-series in the 80's.
    I mean now they're both with two of the most powerful men on Earth(If they stop fooling around with T'Challa). They have that in common

#PowerCouples

With Cyclops back, is there any chance that we will get to see Storm lead again? She kind of already got thrust down the chain behind Kitty and Jean in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    With Cyclops back, is there any chance that we will get to see Storm lead again? She kind of already got thrust down the chain behind Kitty and Jean in recent years
    There's no reason they both can't lead. Heck Ororo, Jean and Scott can all lead.

Kitty can eat my shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    There's no reason they both can't lead. Heck Ororo, Jean and Scott can all lead.

Kitty can eat my shorts.
    True, but that hasnt been the case in recent years as they've made Storm take a backseat and downplayed her expertise as a leader

I don't think it really matters if she's leading or not considering how deplorable her characterization has been of late.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Kitty can eat my shorts.
    Lol, but yeah as we have seen nobody liked Storm being thrust down the line, especially behind Kitty, and want a redemption for her. To me she should be leading and naturally as Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    I don't think it really matters if she's leading or not considering how deplorable her characterization has been of late.
    I think thats partly bc she isnt leading. When we see her have no agency and just stand around waiting to take orders and hurling lightning, it screams of her being written out of character when she should be a commanding force. Not that leading would automatically give her better writing, but not leading has been quite detrimental to her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think thats partly bc she isnt leading. When we see her have no agency and just stand around waiting to take orders and hurling lightning, it screams of her being written out of character when she should be a commanding force. Not that leading would automatically give her better writing, but not leading has been quite detrimental to her
    This is a great point.