Page 385 of 662 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    BISSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!! YOU ARE SO PETTY USING LUPITA LMFAO!!!!

I love it!

Ha, you guys are killing me. Yes, all of this. It's almost like Coates is trolling his own writing. I mean, he was the one who set up the potential no-memory BP with NuNakia "romance." Then here comes this issue, when, yeah, her jaw was on the ground. There is knowing, then there is KNOWING. She'd seen pics of an Ororo from another dimension, I believe, and she "knew" who T'Challa had returned to, but she did not KNOW. Well, now she does, so pick your jaw up off the ground and go kick space rocks.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 09-26-2019 at 03:25 AM.

why did this scene from today remind me of one we saw not too long ago?

Attachment 87507

Attachment 87508

Yes, good connection. Then this Nakia grew up to hate Ororo because she was with T'Challa, and then she tried to kill her with that Mimicry thing. I hate to say it, but the issue when she died did nothing for me. I couldn't care less about her character dying. Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Let's not and say we did.

At most, going off feats Storm can control the energies of a Galaxy. Which puts her in the Top 5 most powerful 616 Omega Mutants.

While Franklin is a high level telepath/telekinesis with universal warping and universe creating abilities.

That's a big difference in power.

Or even worst, makes her a member of the W.I.N.K Club. I'm joking...I've actually watched a lot of that show.
    Winx club is the SUPREME
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    The space Wakandans exist in the present, just in distant region of space (The Zanj Region). When T'Challa initially sent the first crew into space, something went haywire and those Wakandans ended up time traveling back 2,000 years to the other side of the Universe, unbeknownst to T'Challa and Wakanda-Prime (Earth). Those stranded Wakandans eventually took on a radicalized version of Wakandan warrior culture and in order to "protect" themselves went on to conquer 5 galaxies. They became corrupted with maintaining power and engaged in war-mongering and interplanetary slavery. When T'Challa and Eden went to search for those Wakandans they traveled back like 5-10 years, were captured, and had their memory erased. T'Challa was made a slave and Eden into a weapon. T'Challa spent the last few years rebelling before getting his memories back. By the time he made contact with Wakanda-Prime he has been missing in space for a few weeks/months. NuNakia is on the Moon base for the rebels who have just defeated the corrupt Wakandan Empire in the Zanj Region, which is why contact with Wakanda-Prime has been difficult. Hope that helps clear things up.
    Omg thank you.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The space Wakandans exist in the present, just in distant region of space (The Zanj Region). When T'Challa initially sent the first crew into space, something went haywire and those Wakandans ended up time traveling back 2,000 years to the other side of the Universe, unbeknownst to T'Challa and Wakanda-Prime (Earth). Those stranded Wakandans eventually took on a radicalized version of Wakandan warrior culture and in order to "protect" themselves went on to conquer 5 galaxies. They became corrupted with maintaining power and engaged in war-mongering and interplanetary slavery. When T'Challa and Eden went to search for those Wakandans they traveled back like 5-10 years, were captured, and had their memory erased. T'Challa was made a slave and Eden into a weapon. T'Challa spent the last few years rebelling before getting his memories back. By the time he made contact with Wakanda-Prime he has been missing in space for a few weeks/months. NuNakia is on the Moon base for the rebels who have just defeated the corrupt Wakandan Empire in the Zanj Region, which is why contact with Wakanda-Prime has been difficult. Hope that helps clear things up.
    It's amazing how this one paragraph succinctly and perfectly summarises a 16-issue run (so far) far better than what's actually told in-comic.
    In Claremontian days, this would have been a 3-5 issue arc, start to finish.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's amazing how this one paragraph succinctly and perfectly summarises a 16-issue run (so far) far better than what's actually told in-comic.
    In Claremontian days, this would have been a 3-5 issue arc, start to finish.
    Such a good point, with both the great summary and the length of the run. IMO, this story did not require 15 issues before BP returned to Earth Prime. Smh. An entire year is a long ass time to spend on basically the same story.

BANNED

I guess i'll put my Opinion in.

Black Panther(whom I despise) #16:
    -Storm was pretty go-no very Good in this issues. The way she displayed her powers was very creative and really detailed. I thought it was funny that Okoye referred to Storm as a "Different Gun" lol. It seems like Storm is really their ONLY Gun. But nonetheless I enjoyed it. Also, seems like were not finish with this WHOLE Orisha Pantheon stuff so hopefully more info on Goddess Storm.....**Fingers Crossed** HOPEFULLY.

Fearless #3:
    -Storm was pretty Badass here. I liked how irritated she got and just decided to Blast Every Enemy with Lightning. You get Lightning, You get Lightning, You get Lightning. You know what? EVERYONE GET'S LIGHTNING!!. Also Storm's interaction with the children and with Sue and Carol are very neat. I'd like them to team up a lot more. I don't care for Ms.Marvel Kamala Khan just seems like the best opportunity to shoe-horn her into a problem that isn't really necessary. Nor about her. But whatever.......

PoX#5:
    -I'm happy Storm gets a Seat at the Council of 12. Seems like Hickman is actually recognizing Storm as a great leader and a powerful Mutant. I'm excited for HoX#6 I wanna see more Leadership Storm.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-26-2019 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

Thank you. Excellent breakdown.

Also I enjoyed this issue of Black Panther. While this story has definitely dragged at some points, I liked Storm's power display in those panels. I also liked the narration about men and Gods while Storm tore thru the Empire's fighter jets. The panel of Storm rising from the smoke with the aura of energy was awesome. I think it should have been given more panel space. I like how Eden knew Storm was getting ready to unleash and advised to land all of Zulu fighter ships.
    She used beautifully here. He just can’t help himself. I hollered a few times.
    Storm in the most recent BP issue was great. Her powers were incredible and I like how all basic-girl NuNakia could do was watch as a Goddess handled business. Storm showed up like:

Don’t you ever stop telling the truth! I just can’t stop myself from smiling when I think about how in both Fearless and Black Panther Storm shows up to rain on everyone’s parade. She enjoyed every minute of it. She reigns!
    I mean I get it. Aaron wanted to give the main character his time to shine but with a character like Ororo whose power is built for threats such as that the only way stories "work" is to make her ineffective to a great degree. I'm glad Coates wasnt afraid to show her utilized in a way that lends itself to her powerset.

you are a mess lolol she sure did. why did this scene from today remind me of one we saw not too long ago?

Attachment 87507

Attachment 87508

Basic H@E!!!! Bye!!!
    I really like how Nakia is forced to realize who she’s dealing with. The talk of gods and a power beyond ourselves while she sees an image of Ororo is so powerful. She’s not just looking at Storm. She now understands the visions of a woman that plagued T’Challa even when he didn’t remember his own name. It all comes full circle in that moment. She understands why her life with T’Challa could never be. Who could refuse this woman? Hell, she doesn’t want to refuse this woman. Lololol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Ha, you guys are killing me. Yes, all of this. It's almost like Coates is trolling his own writing. I mean, he was the one who set up the potential no-memory BP with NuNakia "romance." Then here comes this issue, when, yeah, her jaw was on the ground. There is knowing, then there is KNOWING. She'd seen pics of an Ororo from another dimension, I believe, and she "knew" who T'Challa had returned to, but she did not KNOW. Well, now she does, so pick your jaw up off the ground and go kick space rocks.
    YAAAASSSSSS TO ALL OF THIS!! NuNakia could never lolol. And I think he was trolling all those fans who were shipping for Nukaia and Tchakla. Seeing her have to witness, take in and accept Ororo's grace, beautiful, and destructive power was so gratifying.

why did this scene from today remind me of one we saw not too long ago?

Attachment 87507

Attachment 87508

Yes, good connection. Then this Nakia grew up to hate Ororo because she was with T'Challa, and then she tried to kill her with that Mimicry thing. I hate to say it, but the issue when she died did nothing for me. I couldn't care less about her character dying. Smh.
    I didnt care about her character before her demise and didnt care when she finally died. lol

Such a good point, with both the great summary and the length of the run. IMO, this story did not require 15 issues before BP returned to Earth Prime. Smh. An entire year is a long ass time to spend on basically the same story.

I found the stories long too but I appreciate Coates and how he has expanded wakanda mythos as well as the works he has done for ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Thank you. Excellent breakdown.

She used beautifully here. He just canÂ’t help himself. I hollered a few times.

DonÂ’t you ever stop telling the truth! I just canÂ’t stop myself from smiling when I think about how in both Fearless and Black Panther Storm shows up to rain on everyoneÂ’s parade. She enjoyed every minute of it. She reigns!

I really like how Nakia is forced to realize who sheÂ’s dealing with. The talk of gods and a power beyond ourselves while she sees an image of Ororo is so powerful. SheÂ’s not just looking at Storm. She now understands the visions of a woman that plagued TÂ’Challa even when he didnÂ’t remember his own name. It all comes full circle in that moment. She understands why her life with TÂ’Challa could never be. Who could refuse this woman? Hell, she doesnÂ’t want to refuse this woman. Lololol
    Terrance you are preaching!! and it must be a hard pill to swallow. the look on her face was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I guess i'll put my Opinion in.

-Storm was pretty go-no very Good in this issues. The way she displayed her powers was very creative and really detailed. I thought it was funny that Okoye referred to Storm as a "Different Gun" lol. It seems like Storm is really their ONLY Gun. But nonetheless I enjoyed it. Also, seems like were not finish with this WHOLE Orisha Pantheon stuff so hopefully more info on Goddess Storm.....**Fingers Crossed** HOPEFULLY.

Fearless #3:
    -Storm was pretty Badass here. I liked how irritated she got and just decided to Blast Every Enemy with Lightning. You get Lightning, You get Lightning, You get Lightning. You know what? EVERYONE GET'S LIGHTNING!!. Also Storm's interaction with the children and with Sue and Carol are very neat. I'd like them to team up a lot more. I don't care for Ms.Marvel Kamala Khan just seems like the best opportunity to shoe-horn her into a problem that isn't really necessary. Nor about her. But whatever.......

PoX#5:
    -I'm happy Storm gets a Seat at the Council of 12. Seems like Hickman is actually recognizing Storm as a great leader and a powerful Mutant. I'm excited for HoX#6 I wanna see more Leadership Storm.
    Storm isnt their only big gun. they simply didnt have the weaponry or the time necessary to stage an attack on the wakandans at the edge of the galaxy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Storm isnt their only big gun. they simply didnt have the weaponry or the time necessary to stage an attack on the wakandans at the edge of the galaxy.
    Ok, well even so. Storm was their only Gun they had at the time. Which is why Okoya says "Different Gun"

Ok, well even so. Storm was their only Gun they had at the time. Which is why Okoya says "Different Gun"
    I agree with you here but a different gun is much different than the statement only gun. the wakandans are the most technologically advanced country on earth. they have many guns of different outputs I'm sure.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

[
    Yes, Oyoke's line made me wonder if sending Storm to the moon base had been her idea, although Nakia had asked Eden why T'Challa would send them a "trinket," referring to the single Wakandan ship.

Yes, Oyoke's line made me wonder if sending Storm to the moon base had been her idea, although Nakia had asked Eden why T'Challa would send them a "trinket," referring to the single Wakandan ship.
    I think Nakia assumed Tcalla was calling the shots. It's a result of her delusion he will one day come back to her. I kinda feel sorry for ole girl. She thought her knight in shining armor would go hard for her but was met with the love of his life. It must be a really tough poll to swallow lolol.

Whoever came up with this list should be free immediately!!

https://screenrant.com/x-men-actors-...rm-mcu-movies/

BANNED

I agree with you here but a different gun is much different than the statement only gun. the wakandans are the most technologically advanced country on earth. they have many guns of different outputs I'm sure.
    The statement I made is how I interpret when Wakanda turns to Storm for assistance. Of Course Wakanda has multiple weapons they could use. Here are some examples to why I made my statement.
    For Example:
    -Dealt With Adversary
    -Dealt with Originators(The Blizzard Attack)
    -Dealt with the Sentient Thunderstorm that Adversary made
    -Assisted Shuri in fighting the Space Lubber(Multiple Times)
    -And Yesterday's issue by sending Storm to deal with the fighter Pilots.

Now, Storm being their Big Gun and Different Gun or whatever they choose. They sure do make it seem like Storm is their only Gun they got. Which is why I said that....

I'd say it most definitely was Okoye's idea. I mean they have a Goddess who frequently visits them ya might as well put that Goddess to good use LOL. I'm sure Nakia wasn't even banking on Storm coming to save her. Plus, Okoye was smart using that so called "Trinket" as a ploy for Storm to come in and Surprise!!! Bam everyone gets Lighting.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-26-2019 at 03:59 PM.