Page 387 of 662 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Exactly. If Nakia is OH so confident that her and Eden can take on 50 Imperial Fighter Pilots. Then asking for help from Okoye and sending Storm was not needed.....
    I never said she was confident she would win. please quote me. I said they could have potentially managed the battle on their own. those odds albeit were low but it wasnt 100% impossible.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh join in honey. the more the merrier lol.

and I can definitely acknowledge that they would have loss had storm not intervened but it wasnt a 100% guarentee they would lose even if the odds were slim.

1. its not the present. you said you were basing your point on the present. A lot has occurred since last season and a big indication of that change is the outfit being different. Her red outfit occured during red. Since then we have had Dissembled, Age of X, and now the current HoX/PoX stuff. If your point about using only recent or present showings hold up you cannot use season 1 black Panther. Furthermore, Tchalla managed to fight all the threats on the edge of the galaxy before he was able to locate earth without Ororos help. So that counters your argument too.

2. I dont need any evidence to prove they can handle them. Eden on his own took out fleets of Maroon ships in season 2. Even if they had a 1% chance of winning it's still a chance and you cant say without 100% certain they would have loss had storm not showed up.

3. It does matter if you said tchalla asked Ororo to go save nakia.

4. no I'm saying there are instances where she is needed and others where she isnt. in the case of adversary she was needed. you on the other hand are saying all wakanda has is ororo which is simply not true.

5. your argument is that she is wakandas only gun and that is simply erroneous at its core.
    1. We have not gotten any confirmation when all of that actually took place. Costume changes don't ALWAYS give a clear indication. Storm was wearing her Gold costume in Shuri and Storm mentioned she was a God. Shuri's run was not that long ago either. So, you can't really rely on costume change all the time. I can use Season 1 BP because it wasn't that long ago not sure why you don't get that.....But ok.
    2.Yes you do. And if you feel that you don't then your whole are argument of Nakia doesn't need help makes no sense when she complained for Okoye sending a "Trinket" for assistance.
    3. I don't because Storm has been there consistently to give help however she can. And it wouldn't again as I state that if T'Chall and Shuri knew about this attack Storm would be right there doing what she did yesterday.
    4. And i'm saying it seems like she has been needed a whole lot given my examples. But you said Wakanda has handle threats poweful threats before Storm was a live and T'Challa has beaten Gods. IF that is the case by your words. WHY Did T'Challa ask Storm to beat Adversary??? You've proven my point.
    5. But it's True. Your rebuttal to my examples don't work because they are still current. Ok, sure they may not be in the present, but Again it wasn't that long ago for Storm fighting Adversary.

But for the most part this was my perspective of how everything has been going down. You don't have to agree i'm just calling it how I see it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-26-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

1. We have not gotten any confirmation when all of that actually took place. Costume changes don't ALWAYS give a clear indication. Storm was wearing her Gold costume in Shuri and Storm mentioned she was a God. Shuri's run was not that long ago either. So, you can't really rely on costume change all the time. I can use Season 1 BP because it wasn't that long ago not sure why you don't get that.....But ok.
    2.Yes you do. And if you feel that you don't then your whole are argument of Nakia doesn't need help makes no sense when she complained for Okoye sending a "Trinket" for assistance.
    3. I don't because Storm has been there consistently to give help however she can. And it wouldn't again as I state that if T'Chall and Shuri knew about this attack Storm would be right there doing what she did yesterday.
    4. And i'm saying it seems like she has been needed a whole lot given my examples. But you said Wakanda has handle threats poweful threats before Storm was a live and T'Challa has beaten Gods. IF that is the case by your words. WHY Did T'Challa ask Storm to beat Adversary??? You've proven my point.
    5. But it's True. Your rebuttal to my examples don't work because they are still current. Ok, sure they may not be in the present, but Again it wasn't that long ago for Storm fighting Adversary.

But for the most part this was my perspective of how everything has been going down. You don't have to agree i'm just calling it how I see it.
    1. I'm basing this off of your definition. "not long ago" doesnt equate to the present especially when tchalla timeline 5 or years passed without any help from Ororo. That's something that can be quantified and verified.

2. I gave you one example from black panther of eden taking out fleets of Maroon ships. that all happened this season which is more recent than the stuff you referenced storm did.

3. she didnt help tchalla get back to earth, nor did she restore his memories, nor did she help tchalla during the 5+ years he spent away from wakanda prime. she also wasnt the one to beat the big grasshopper plaguing wakanda... that was shuri. she also wasnt the one who eventually stopped malice on her bloodlust for revenge against tchalla in world of wakanda. she also wasnt a big gun when tchalla fought with deadpool nor is she a big gun in the current agents of wakanda. you are grossly underestimating the wakandan people while trying to prop up ororo. I love me some ororo no one can question that but to say ororo in their only big gun just doesnt align to anything in the wakandan canon. so they have other resources than just storm.

4. see point three. there are instances where she is and then instances where she isn't. he picked storm specifically to combat adversary because he needed a bigger God to defeat him and all the wakandan gods went missing. what better way to do this than with your lover?

5. you just admitted it's not the present case closed.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-26-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. I'm basing this off of your definition. "not long ago" doesnt equate to the present especially when tchalla timeline 5 or years passed without any help from Ororo. That's something that can be quantified and verified.

2. I gave you one example from black panther of eden taking out fleets of Maroon ships. that all happened this season which is more recent than the stuff you referenced storm did.

3. she didnt help tchalla get back to earth, nor did she restore his memories, nor did she help tchalla during the 5+ years he spent away from wakanda prime. she also wasnt the one to beat the big grasshopper plaguing wakanda... that was shuri. she also wasnt the one who eventually stopped malice on her bloodlust for revenge against tchalla in world of wakanda. she also wasnt a big gun when tchalla fought with deadpool nor is she a big gun in the current agents of wakanda. you are grossly underestimating the wakandan people while trying to prop up ororo. I love me some ororo no one can question that but to say ororo in their only big gun just doesnt align to anything in the wakandan canon. so they have other resources than just storm.

4. see point three. there are instances where she is and then instances where she isn't. he picked storm specifically to combat adversary because he needed a bigger God to defeat him and all the wakandan gods went missing. what better way to do this than with your lover?

5. you just admitted it's not the present case closed.

I’m going to say this and I’m done with the conversation:
    1. The main point is that Wakanda and it’s inhabitants (T’Challa and Shuri included) have called for Storm’s help. In the past and present when things get crazy and they need extra firepower. The examples given prove so. Don’t know how else to help you understand that.
    2. That’s because Eden was on the side of the Enemy and had more resources and soldiers to back him. Not just him and Nakia and the little fleet they had.
    3 & 4. No, Your missing the point. Anytime Storm gets called in from Wakanda or it’s heroes is when they are facing a threat they can’t handle alone. T’Challa went into the future on his own accord and got stuck there. If Storm went with him a lot of things would have gone down differently. The Agents of Wakanda is irrelevant (not sure why you keep bringing irrelevant stuff into this). But I’ll indulge you. The Agents of Wakanda are not for the sole purpose of Wakanda. I don’t know where you got that from. Their purpose is to gather information and handle threats The Avengers don’t have to deal with. And they are a Team made to gather intel. So, you bringing that up is irrelevant. Now, Shuri called in Storm to look for her brother and help fight the Space Lubber. And help her achieve Astral Projection. Shuri couldn’t have done any of that without Storm’s help. Now, If I am Underestimating the Wakandan people it’s only because they don’t seem to be able to handle large threats case in point The Adversary. Because clearly T’Challa the man you said has beaten Gods before and Wakanda has dealt with large threats before couldn’t deal with this one. I didn’t say Storm was a Big Gun YOU did. I said it seems like Storm is their only Gun because she is always helping them out. Especially, with large threats happen. Literally, Okoye calls her a “Different Gun” that means if all else fails or we don’t have the necessary firepower we have Storm to take care of things. From my perspective I need you to understand this, because frankly I don’t think you do. Given what Storm has been doing for the past arc and issues that she’s been involved in with Wakanda and Shuri’s run and yesterday attack on the Moon. It seems like she’s their only Gun when they don’t have the proper firepower. I’m not questioning you if you love Ororo or not again irrelevant. And Quite frankly I don’t care. But what is relevant is the fact Storm has been helping them out quite often. That is aligning with Wakandan Cannon. I don’t understand how you don’t see that. But whatever that’s my perspective so, I’m done.

5. Hm Noted.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-26-2019 at 11:03 PM.

I'm a bit late on the possible hype train, but I only just got this week's issue of Black Panther. Damn, Ororo was amazing! True Omega showing. She took down a fleet all by herself and with no effort at all.

I bet aircrafts and ships will need to be cautious when approaching Krakoa in the future.

Niffleheim

I love and have supported all of Gerry Duggan's Marvel books, well except Deadpool, but I have no expectations the X-Office has plans for Ororo in any X-Book.

Question: As Ororo fans do you count or disregard any development that happens outside the X-franchise? If you count the development then are you expecting too much to want it acknowledged?

I’m going to say this and I’m done with the conversation:
    1. The main point is that Wakanda and it’s inhabitants (T’Challa and Shuri included) have called for Storm’s help. In the past and present when things get crazy and they need extra firepower. The examples given prove so. Don’t know how else to help you understand that.
    2. That’s because Eden was on the side of the Enemy and had more resources and soldiers to back him. Not just him and Nakia and the little fleet they had.
    3 & 4. No, Your missing the point. Anytime Storm gets called in from Wakanda or it’s heroes is when they are facing a threat they can’t handle alone. T’Challa went into the future on his own accord and got stuck there. If Storm went with him a lot of things would have gone down differently. The Agents of Wakanda is irrelevant (not sure why you keep bringing irrelevant stuff into this). But I’ll indulge you. The Agents of Wakanda are not for the sole purpose of Wakanda. I don’t know where you got that from. Their purpose is to gather information and handle threats The Avengers don’t have to deal with. And they are a Team made to gather intel. So, you bringing that up is irrelevant. Now, Shuri called in Storm to look for her brother and help fight the Space Lubber. And help her achieve Astral Projection. Shuri couldn’t have done any of that without Storm’s help. Now, If I am Underestimating the Wakandan people it’s only because they don’t seem to be able to handle large threats case in point The Adversary. Because clearly T’Challa the man you said has beaten Gods before and Wakanda has dealt with large threats before couldn’t deal with this one. I didn’t say Storm was a Big Gun YOU did. I said it seems like Storm is their only Gun because she is always helping them out. Especially, with large threats happen. Literally, Okoye calls her a “Different Gun” that means if all else fails or we don’t have the necessary firepower we have Storm to take care of things. From my perspective I need you to understand this, because frankly I don’t think you do. Given what Storm has been doing for the past arc and issues that she’s been involved in with Wakanda and Shuri’s run and yesterday attack on the Moon. It seems like she’s their only Gun when they don’t have the proper firepower. I’m not questioning you if you love Ororo or not again irrelevant. And Quite frankly I don’t care. But what is relevant is the fact Storm has been helping them out quite often. That is aligning with Wakandan Cannon. I don’t understand how you don’t see that. But whatever that’s my perspective so, I’m done.

5. Hm Noted.
    The most simple question to all this that needs to be answered is. What is Tchalla doing for Storm? In this new marvel universe, people can say coates writes a great Storm etc. but in comics we see Storm going to wakandas rescuse time and time again on the behalf of it's people and her beloved. Will in modern comics we see one thing Tchalla has done for storm or her people. It's all nice she's being hit with love and shine from the writer but in COMIC if this romance is SO great, What exactly is Storm's point of view other than being a bad ass or being there for her man. What is Tchalla offering her besides his feelings cause we know she is offering a lot and he doesn't even trade with her nation Just as the BP books are ignoring mutants all together aside from Storm. And with Wakanda mentioned in such a way if Coates wants them to work long term he needs to get in front of this. (it's early so my brain is half working. coofffffffeeeeee)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    I love and have supported all of Gerry Duggan's Marvel books, well except Deadpool, but I have no expectations the X-Office has plans for Ororo in any X-Book.

Question: As Ororo fans do you count or disregard any development that happens outside the X-franchise? If you count the development then are you expecting too much to want it acknowledged?
    As an ororo fan i have come to expect nothing and enjoy the hell out of what i do. but thats as an x-men fan in general. For the most part i truly like all X-men characters heroes and villians. I can't really think of one mutant outside of MAggot where i'm like "ok...here we go."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

and HELL NO to Beyonce as Strom. Veto. Dropping no's like that hot. To the left to the left. More independent woman. Not trying to cater to her acting. She would be dangerously over head playing storm. We need an actor that is irreplacible. Her halo won't fit well with Storm's character. We would need another Storm actress in a minute. I'm not drinking that Lemonade. IF i were a boy which i am i would still say no. no. no. I don't think i'm strong enough to be a survivor of beyonce as Storm. It would be more about Beyonce than Storm. Beyonce would be all i can have another ororo in a minute.

No thank you, please no. PLEASE no.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    As an ororo fan i have come to expect nothing and enjoy the hell out of what i do. but thats as an x-men fan in general. For the most part i truly like all X-men characters heroes and villians. I can't really think of one mutant outside of MAggot where i'm like "ok...here we go."
    Do you think they will do something regarding Storm's connection to Wakanda in DoX? Wakanda refused the deal and it might be considered an enemy in the future. That puts Ororo in a difficult position.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Do you think they will do something regarding Storm's connection to Wakanda in DoX? Wakanda refused the deal and it might be considered an enemy in the future. That puts Ororo in a difficult position.
    I do think it will be addressed and it will definitely put ororo in a difficult position. In that to me this is beyond trade, and that's why i said coates needs to get in front of this. Just because one office isn't doing something doesn't mean another shouldn't. For all intents and purposes Coates is using Storm but he needs to use her connection to mutants as well so when stuff hits the fan it isn't "Well tchalla never gave a damn about mutants he only cares about storm and we saw how he prepared for her mutant powers..." Its about the optics. For Storm specifically how does it looks to a group of mutants that not only are you always going out of your way to protect this nation as their goddess but they aren't doing a damn thing for us as mutants as a whole. And i know people will say Tchalla has given money but that's the easiest thing he can do given his status. Personally i want to see the belief move over to the x-men and storm starts to be seen as a goddess among mutant people and that would create real strife. Wakanda has Bast, let Karoka have Storm and she can keep her original worshippers in Africa too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

With the new development in PoX #5 if Tchalla catches Shaw sneaking drugs in and stealing mutants out, it could lead to a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It was mentioned in Invaders this month. Maybe because it's a Namor book, but Black Panther , Bucky and Captain America were in that issue too.
    Orichis was also mentioned in marvel previews for Incoming# 1 where the guy is wondering if Orichis sent the person after him. He also list other groups too but of course Orchis stood out the most to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The most simple question to all this that needs to be answered is. What is Tchalla doing for Storm? In this new marvel universe, people can say coates writes a great Storm etc. but in comics we see Storm going to wakandas rescuse time and time again on the behalf of it's people and her beloved. Will in modern comics we see one thing Tchalla has done for storm or her people. It's all nice she's being hit with love and shine from the writer but in COMIC if this romance is SO great, What exactly is Storm's point of view other than being a bad ass or being there for her man. What is Tchalla offering her besides his feelings cause we know she is offering a lot and he doesn't even trade with her nation Just as the BP books are ignoring mutants all together aside from Storm. And with Wakanda mentioned in such a way if Coates wants them to work long term he needs to get in front of this. (it's early so my brain is half working. coofffffffeeeeee)
    I couldn’t Agree more.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I couldn’t Agree more.
    And I agree as well.
    If both offices don't acknowledge the shared character's place and direction in the secondary (BP) and primary (XM) books then...her appearances in BP are just...icing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!