Page 39 of 662 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast

I don't know what you all are talking about. The past few years, the one thing consistent about Storm leading is her crippling self doubt and always having someone second guess/try to undermine her. Her stints as leaders have been disasters after X-treme and Reload, and the X-writers are hellbent on writing her as incompetent. I don't want her leading so they can damage the character eve more than they have already done so.
    Last edited by Saturius; 01-28-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think thats partly bc she isnt leading. When we see her have no agency and just stand around waiting to take orders and hurling lightning, it screams of her being written out of character when she should be a commanding force. Not that leading would automatically give her better writing, but not leading has been quite detrimental to her
    Agree 100%. She has/had a commanding personality and her playing second fiddle to anyone in the X-Verse should be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    and the X-writers are hellbent on writing her as incompetent. I don't want her leading so they can damage the character even more.
    While I want her to lead again, there a lot of truth here.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-29-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Agree 100%. She has/had a commanding personality and her playing second fiddle to anyone in the X-Verse should be a crime.

While I want her to lead again, there a lot of truth here.
    True. I’d like to see her step back into a leadership role but not under writers who don’t have a passion or desire to elevate Ororo. Doesn’t need to be a mary sue but not presented as incompetent indecisive noob because they cannot be bothered t know their x-canon.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thanks! Agreed on FF and I really like your choices for frenemies. Especially Loki.

Y'know back when Monica was written cool under Stern I liked to imagine her and Storm becoming gal pals. Storm was the leader extraordinaire and Monica was being groomed for it. I was a bit disappointed that interaction was passed over in the Avengers vs. X-Men mini-series in the 80's.
    Another great team up idea. I’d love an all black female cast book too. Monica, Storm, Shuri, Misty, M and Riri !
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-29-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Another great team up idea. I’d love an all black female cast book too. Monica, Storm, Shuri, Misty, M and Riri !
    You would need to add Moon Girl(and Devil Dinosaur) for her Scholastic school book sales, the others can't hold a title on their own. Sad but true, the industry doesn't really support black females.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You would need to add Moon Girl(and Devil Dinosaur) for her Scholastic school book sales, the others can't hold a title on their own. Sad but true, the industry doesn't really support black females.
    They can hold sales just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    He proposed a team book, not solo. Moon Girl doesnt need to be in it to make it sell. Besides Riri was mentioned and she's had a couple of solos since introduction

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Guess who’s costume is on display at the National American History Museum, alongside Superman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._the_national/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That cast would be on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Guess who’s costume is on display at the National American History Museum, alongside Superman.

Way to go, Ro!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Way to go, Ro!
    Like that there is a pyramid in the background.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-30-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post

I’m surprised they went with that costume. If they wanted to do a movie one they should have gone with the black leather. As much as I hate that costume, I feel like it’s way more recognizable than the one from DoFP.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This is the leader we need!

Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-30-2019 at 10:33 PM.

I always liked this moment. It shows Storm's conviction and charisma as a leader in taking command of the situation. I also enjoy the art and that costume is one of my favorites for Storm. Nothing like her OG look. I also think Wolverine is portrayed well. He comes off as tough and certainly stubborn, rather than whiny and brutish. I like that he understands that Storm is in charge.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    They can hold sales just fine.
    What, like Storm's solo? Or BP and the Crew? Moon Girl only stays afloat not for her monthlies, but for her Scholastic Book sales at schools. Riri is just being pushed for her STEM programming.

Ah, the real Days of Future Past.

Attachment 77872

Delicious!