Page 4 of 662 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Storm sounded so out of character in today’s issue hell everyone sounded corny and I’m not surprised Storm used just her lightning and the **** didn’t even look cool it looked like some glowing earthworms wiggling all over the damn place
    lololol goddess not glowing earthworms lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so what do you guys want to see from storm this year?

I'm hoping her solo ONGOING finally.happens with further exploration of the hadari.yao.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Storm was an immediate favorite, and not just because the first time I saw her she was naked in the rain in Africa.

Attachment 75894

She just has the most awesome power, and the most striking look with her black skin contrasted with flowing white hair. Her naivety to the difference of nudity custom between her tribe and America was amusing. Then I found out about her claustrophobia and tragic past which made her even more interesting. She's also one of the calmer of the X-Men though she can be fierce when it's needed and create a storm in anger when her personal privacy was violated. It's not surprising to me that later she became one of the leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Storm was an immediate favorite, and not just because the first time I saw her she was naked in the rain in Africa.

Attachment 75894

She just has the most awesome power, and the most striking look with her black skin contrasted with flowing white hair. Her naivety to the difference of nudity custom between her tribe and America was amusing. Then I found out about her claustrophobia and tragic past which made her even more interesting. She's also one of the calmer of the X-Men though she can be fierce when it's needed and create a storm in anger when her personal privacy was violated. It's not surprising to me that later she became one of the leaders.
    indeed thank you for sharing. you make an interesting point about her unique abilities. multiple telepaths, telekinetics, people with healing factor, super strength etc. there is only one character with the uniqueness in look and power that she has.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so what do you guys want to see from storm this year?

I'm hoping her solo ONGOING finally.happens with further exploration of the hadari.yao.
    While I haven't given up on the ongoing, its not on the top of my list. I would to see Marvel/X-Writers actually explore her goddess abilities.

You know what...I'm gonna take this as a win. (I know I said I wasn't gonna read it...)

Spoiler for anyone who hasn't read the latest issue of Uncanny. Lightning Lass finally did something noteworthy...I guess

Attachment 75929
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-03-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

LOL Storm Finally Beat Magneto............OFF Panel though -_-

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I haven't given up on the ongoing, its not on the top of my list. I would to see Marvel/X-Writers actually explore her goddess abilities.

You know what...I'm gonna take this as a win. (I know I said I wasn't gonna read it...)

Spoiler for anyone who hasn't read the latest issue of Uncanny. Lightning Lass finally did something noteworthy...I guess

Attachment 75929
    I mean it kinda makes sense considering the state of his powers the fact that a simulation of her harmed him, and what exactly can he do against the force and heat of her bolts. Still him dropping his shield is cheap, neither of them should be defeating the other off panel.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Attachment 75929
    that's a good point. if they dont give her a solo I would really like to see what it means to be hadari yao. what deities is she associated with and how would they interact with her. do they respect that a "mortal" is a god? I do they condone the fact she rejected her birthright for so many years? how does being a dirty affect her? can she turn to an elemental form it is she invulnerable? there is so much to explore but I dont believe the xoffices see her development as priority.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL Storm Finally Beat Magneto............OFF Panel though -_-
    I wouldnt say off panel. he is dropping to his knees with that bolt that lam posted. I would say their exchange ended there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I mean it kinda makes sense considering the state of his powers the fact that a simulation of her harmed him, and what exactly can he do against the force and heat of her bolts. Still him dropping his shield is cheap, neither of them should be defeating the other off panel.
    that is cheap. it would have been nice to show her powers overwhelming his shield with a tornado then dropping him with a bolt. similar to her fight back in Claremont uncanny:

BANNED

I wouldnt say off panel. he is dropping to his knees with that bolt that lam posted. I would say their exchange ended there.

Off Panel on Panel he still lost.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Off Panel on Panel he still lost.
    yea but as I told you yesterday the off panel argument leaves wiggle room it wasnt storm who won as you saw in the uncanny thread. after she gave the warning and he didnt comply she then hit him with a stronger bolt and you see him falling down no longer to be seen. I think you can make the argument he was taken out at that point after the warning shot without saying anything about him losing off panel. the off panel point seems more applicable to blob and omega as they were not shown falling towards the ground at any point. it's funny that people conclude these two that they were beaten by x23 and Polaris respectively but ororo needed help to beat magneto. the lowballing continues into 2019 and beyond I see.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-03-2019 at 10:11 AM.

I hope 2019 bring us more Storm

that's a good point. if they dont give her a solo I would really like to see what it means to be hadari yao. what deities is she associated with and how would they interact with her. do they respect that a "mortal" is a god? I do they condone the fact she rejected her birthright for so many years? how does being a dirty affect her? can she turn to an elemental form it is she invulnerable? there is so much to explore but I dont believe the xoffices see her development as priority.

that is cheap. it would have been nice to show her powers overwhelming his shield with a tornado then dropping him with a bolt. similar to her fight back in Claremont uncanny:

BY Far one of My Favorite panels of Storm

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I hope 2019 bring us more Storm
    what specifically do you want to see from her in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    BY Far one of My Favorite panels of Storm
    this issue overall was pretty good too. had it not been for colossus she could have taken magneto ou.

what specifically do you want to see from her in 2019?
    I want to see her in more prominent roles. Not just in comics, but in cartoons, video games, etc. I also hope she gets a big part in the inevitable mcu reboot and maybe have her kick Magneto's ass.

and in the next issue the only;y reason the xmen survive a Volcano cave in is because Storm Created a Blizzard to slow and freeze the lava away