Page 405 of 662 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Storm's Goddess Mode or powers whatever gives her a boost in Durability and Strength. Or Just durability alone.....Storm would most likely win.

I say that because as a Goddess she can dissipate Sentient Storm's. Thor's Hammer is a Sentient Storm. BUT the Mother Storm that resides in Thor's hammer is also a Natural Occurrence which means Storm not being in her Godmode being a Omega Level Mutant with unlimited potential would allow Storm to seize control of Cosmic Storm's or create them or even dissipate them. Mother Storm included.

But due to the Volume of how Big and powerful the Mother Storm is......Storm is going to need to work extra hard for this...............IMO.

I say Storm Wins.
    That's what I want Coates to explain more. Aside from glowing and being able to vanquish Adversary we really dont know what this goddess mode ability allows her to do. I recall when she fought adversary her body was surrounding with a purple hue. Is this like a shield that allows for her to be more durable??? I think durability enhancement alone would really tip the scales for her in most battles... but back to thor.

that's pretty impressive. what exactly is the mother storm in context of the hammer and what makes it any different from any other storm? what are the feats related to it?

I would love to hear what a thor fan thinks about her being able to take control over this storm you mentioned.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Donald Blake is a special case and an example of lower god status. Odin puts him in that body to teach him humility. Which means he downgraded him on purpose. So Donald Blake Thor could be considered Wakandan level because he switches back and forth
    but in context of the story the narrator didnt say this was specific to Donald Blake. this was in reference to all asgardians when the comment was made about needing followers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    If Storm's Goddess Mode or powers whatever gives her a boost in Durability and Strength. Or Just durability alone.....Storm would most likely win.

I say that because as a Goddess she can dissipate Sentient Storm's. Thor's Hammer is a Sentient Storm. BUT the Mother Storm that resides in Thor's hammer is also a Natural Occurrence which means Storm not being in her Godmode being a Omega Level Mutant with unlimited potential would allow Storm to seize control of Cosmic Storm's or create them or even dissipate them. Mother Storm included.

But due to the Volume of how Big and powerful the Mother Storm is......Storm is going to need to work extra hard for this...............IMO.

I say Storm Wins.
    The thing with Storm is that she isn't any more physically strong than the average person. I mean, super strength isn't her thing she is known to possess like Thor or some other characters. I could be wrong, but I don't think super strength is one of her powers. But Thor is damn strong, even without his hammer. Actually, considering Storm's weather powers, above average strength, even supernatural strength, should be one of her powers. But I don't think that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but in context of the story the narrator didnt say this was specific to Donald Blake. this was in reference to all asgardians when the comment was made about needing followers.
    If the FF had a cult following and people started calling them gods, you'd know they weren't because they were mortals first. Same with Wakandans. They can still be called gods because they have worshippers, but they're not really in the context of the Marvel Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That's what I want Coates to explain more. Aside from glowing and being able to vanquish Adversary we really dont know what this goddess mode ability allows her to do. I recall when she fought adversary her body was surrounding with a purple hue. Is this like a shield that allows for her to be more durable??? I think durability enhancement alone would really tip the scales for her in most battles... but back to thor.

that's pretty impressive. what exactly is the mother storm in context of the hammer and what makes it any different from any other storm? what are the feats related to it?

I would love to hear what a thor fan thinks about her being able to take control over this storm you mentioned.
    I feel like Hadari Yao Mode doesn't increase her durability, but will use the Weather to defend her from harm. Personally that sucks, but I think that's what happening. We don't need to worry about Blast Power her God Energy hurts Demon Lords. However, IF Storm's durability in fact increases due to her Hadari Yao Form Thor is going to have a good fight on his hands. And if he releases the Mother Storm full power that would be a bad Idea because the Hadari Yao can dissipate it.

We talked about this remember??? Basically, the Mother Storm is a Giant Sentient Cosmic Storm that engulfs Solar Systems. Odin didn't have the power to overcome it so he put it into Mjolnir. The ONLY feat I know of is the Mother Storm used by Lady Thor combated the Phoenix Force.......

Thor fans are just as die hard as we Storm fans. But IMO i'd say Thor fans are more stubborn due to the fact that they won't admit that Storm is actually better at controlling the Weather than he is. I've looked at every Feat Thor has done WITHOUT the Hammer and all i've seen is him making it rain and summon Lightning.

And even WITH the Hammer majority of him is making large Weather effects and not actually controlling: Moist, Temperature, Water, Heat, Cold, Mist, EM Spectrum, Solar Flares ETC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    The thing with Storm is that she isn't any more physically strong than the average person. I mean, super strength isn't her thing she is known to possess like Thor or some other characters. I could be wrong, but I don't think super strength is one of her powers. But Thor is damn strong, even without his hammer. Actually, considering Storm's weather powers, above average strength, even supernatural strength, should be one of her powers. But I don't think that it is.
    That is true.
    Thor was born with Super Strength and Storm was not. But IF this new God Power that Storm posses you would think it would increase Storm's body by a lot not just her weather control.

Theoretically.. Storm could possibly possess super strength. All it would take is a writer smart enough to do it in a way that makes sense, i.e her body channeling natural energy from the environment and converting it to strength/durability. It doesn't even have to be ridiculously strong. 10-15 tons
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Theoretically.. Storm could possibly possess super strength. All it would take is a writer smart enough to do it in a way that makes sense, i.e her body channeling natural energy from the environment and converting it to strength/durability. It doesn't even have to be ridiculously strong. 10-15 tons
    I've always thought about this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I've always thought about this
    User: CookieOnTsunami is actually right. Theoretically ...Storm can posses Superhuman Strength, Durability and Super Speed.

All she would really need to do is adjust and increase her own neural system via Lightning for any of this stuff.....

Honestly, with her powerset, super strength should be a natural extension. Otherwise, she should really die from the things she does. Her body should be damn durable, but that's never (to my knowledge) been addressed as one of her powers. She's always seemed to be "normal" physically except for her ability to manipulate the weather. When shown in hand-to-hand combat, she isn't any stronger than the average woman who exercises and takes care of herself. But if she can survive her own weather manipulations and "fly" at supersonic speeds and high altitudes without suffocating or bones breaking then she should be considered super freakin' strong in-text.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-01-2019 at 11:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Honestly, with her powerset, super strength should be a natural extension. Otherwise, she should really die from the things she does. Her body should be damn durable, but that's never (to my knowledge) been addressed as one of her powers. She's always seemed to be "normal" physically except for her ability to manipulate the weather. When shown in hand-to-hand combat, she isn't any stronger than the average woman who exercises and takes care of herself. But if she can survive her own weather manipulations and "fly" at supersonic speeds and high altitudes without suffocating or bones breaking then she should be considered super freakin' strong in-text.
    Storm was able to hold Stonewall a 50-tonner....don't see why not.

I always like to consider Ororo's para-human durability(such as not being harmed by supersonic winds, or hotter than the sun's surface lightning) in terms of like, their can always be a layer of air, all the way down to the electron scale, that just hugs her body and diffuses the vast majority of any incoming attacks. A writer could easily make that explicit and explain it as an 'atmospheric forcefield' or whatever.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I REALLY want Storm to have Better Durability.

I don't care about Speed or Reaction. If Marvel gave her better Durability i'd be SO HAPPY.....T'Challa!! make her a Suit BOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I always like to consider Ororo's para-human durability(such as not being harmed by supersonic winds, or hotter than the sun's surface lightning) in terms of like, their can always be a layer of air, all the way down to the electron scale, that just hugs her body and diffuses the vast majority of any incoming attacks. A writer could easily make that explicit and explain it as an 'atmospheric forcefield' or whatever.
    A good (creative) writer could do a lot with her powerset. She has so much to work with. Truly, if a writer explores all the different ways Storm could use her powers it would be HUGE. There is so much she could do that few could really challenge her, especially physically. So, no one really addressing the logic of her having mad strength and durability doesn't make a lot of sense. Sure, you have superheroes who are powerful in one way but their body is still normal. For Storm, however, her having a weak body, with the ways she's been shown to exhibit her powers, makes little sense.

That body of hers handled the energy of millions of stars and planets at once. Our girl is tough.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!