Page 406 of 662 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That body of hers handled the energy of millions of stars and planets at once. Our girl is tough.
    I believe you. It would be nice if her strength/durability were recognized or used on the same level as her other abilities. I don't think she is really recognized, in general, for being strong.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    The thing with Storm is that she isn't any more physically strong than the average person. I mean, super strength isn't her thing she is known to possess like Thor or some other characters. I could be wrong, but I don't think super strength is one of her powers. But Thor is damn strong, even without his hammer. Actually, considering Storm's weather powers, above average strength, even supernatural strength, should be one of her powers. But I don't think that it is.
    yea she isnt super strong but her durability is something that I think puts her in a class above just a regular human.. She has survived being exposed to full radiation, her body is highly resistant against sheer force winds as she travels through the air at high speeds, and let's not forget her immunity when it comes to the elements. is something that I think most consider when looking at her physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If the FF had a cult following and people started calling them gods, you'd know they weren't because they were mortals first. Same with Wakandans. They can still be called gods because they have worshippers, but they're not really in the context of the Marvel Universe.
    yea but the difference is even if the FF had more followers the strength of their power isnt going to change based upon the number of said followers. worshippers are directly tied to the life and power of the gods. that is the distinct difference.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I feel like Hadari Yao Mode doesn't increase her durability, but will use the Weather to defend her from harm. Personally that sucks, but I think that's what happening. We don't need to worry about Blast Power her God Energy hurts Demon Lords. However, IF Storm's durability in fact increases due to her Hadari Yao Form Thor is going to have a good fight on his hands. And if he releases the Mother Storm full power that would be a bad Idea because the Hadari Yao can dissipate it.

We talked about this remember??? Basically, the Mother Storm is a Giant Sentient Cosmic Storm that engulfs Solar Systems. Odin didn't have the power to overcome it so he put it into Mjolnir. The ONLY feat I know of is the Mother Storm used by Lady Thor combated the Phoenix Force.......

Thor fans are just as die hard as we Storm fans. But IMO i'd say Thor fans are more stubborn due to the fact that they won't admit that Storm is actually better at controlling the Weather than he is. I've looked at every Feat Thor has done WITHOUT the Hammer and all i've seen is him making it rain and summon Lightning.

And even WITH the Hammer majority of him is making large Weather effects and not actually controlling: Moist, Temperature, Water, Heat, Cold, Mist, EM Spectrum, Solar Flares ETC.
    if the mother storm is magical in nature would ororo be able to control it?? we saw her take control of shamans storm but not to the level of a storm the can span the entire solar system. I for one hope she is granted some type of durability in hadari Yao state or can go fully elemental that would be bomb. also with her omega status can she create storms from nothing akin to thor????

That is true.
    Thor was born with Super Strength and Storm was not. But IF this new God Power that Storm posses you would think it would increase Storm's body by a lot not just her weather control.
    agreed!!

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Theoretically.. Storm could possibly possess super strength. All it would take is a writer smart enough to do it in a way that makes sense, i.e her body channeling natural energy from the environment and converting it to strength/durability. It doesn't even have to be ridiculously strong. 10-15 tons
    how would this energy conversion result in strength and durability? does having more energy make the muscles stronger to life bigger objects or her skin more dense to be able to absorb being shot by bullets? I'm not sure but I dont having more energy will result in greater strength or durability . at least imho.

User: CookieOnTsunami is actually right. Theoretically ...Storm can posses Superhuman Strength, Durability and Super Speed.

All she would really need to do is adjust and increase her own neural system via Lightning for any of this stuff.....
    see my response to cookie. how would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Honestly, with her powerset, super strength should be a natural extension. Otherwise, she should really die from the things she does. Her body should be damn durable, but that's never (to my knowledge) been addressed as one of her powers. She's always seemed to be "normal" physically except for her ability to manipulate the weather. When shown in hand-to-hand combat, she isn't any stronger than the average woman who exercises and takes care of herself. But if she can survive her own weather manipulations and "fly" at supersonic speeds and high altitudes without suffocating or bones breaking then she should be considered super freakin' strong in-text.
    agreed this is exactly the point I was making to you earlier Amin regards to her having super strength.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That body of hers handled the energy of millions of stars and planets at once. Our girl is tough.
    where have you been boo??? I was worried..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

if the mother storm is magical in nature would ororo be able to control it?? we saw her take control of shamans storm but not to the level of a storm the can span the entire solar system. I for one hope she is granted some type of durability in hadari Yao state or can go fully elemental that would be bomb. also with her omega status can she create storms from nothing akin to thor????

see my response to cookie. how would that work?
    The Mother Storm isn't Magical. It's a Cosmic Storm that's just alive. Storm is an Omega Lvl mutant with unlimited potential and an actual Goddess. I don't see why she can't control a Cosmic Storm that spans an entire Solar System......

To your second...I don't know....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-01-2019 at 12:16 PM.

The Mother Storm isn't a Magical Storm. It's a Cosmic Storm that is alive that's all. I think Storm can control it since she is a God....why not?

To your second...I don't know....
    yes as I God I know she definitely could... but I mean could she do it as an omega mutant only.

I really loved the last issue of black panther. coates is doing such an amazing job of showing how powerful she is. he is really trying to emphasize the point that she is a true god.

BANNED

yes as I God I know she definitely could... but I mean could she do it as an omega mutant only.

I really loved the last issue of black panther. coates is doing such an amazing job of showing how powerful she is. he is really trying to emphasize the point that she is a true god.
    She has unlimited potential just like any other Omega Level Mutant. That potential is Creating AND Controlling Cosmic Storm's. Now, if your concern that she can't do it in her human form then i'd say she MOST definitely can in Hadari Yao Form.......

Well, let's hope Coates is still interested in pushing that concept. Because we have not heard the Words "Hadari Yao" in quite some time.

She has unlimited potential just like any other Omega Level Mutant. That potential is Creating AND Controlling Cosmic Storm's. Now, if your concern that she can't do it in her human form then i'd say she MOST definitely can in Hadari Yao Form.......

Well, let's hope Coates is still interested in pushing that concept. Because we have not heard the Words "Hadari Yao" in quite some time.
    so you are saying in her state as mutant WITHOUT hadari yao she can control the cosmic storm. I would love to see her create one or stop one. aside from this I want to also see her play more with the forces of nature such as pressure systems. and I want to see her go ahead and demonstrate in a way that isnt up for debate that she can create absolute zero temps. I also would like it to be confirmed she is immune to the elements, none of this resistant crap.

and I think he is still interested. now are hickman/'Duggan interested is a whole other question.

where have you been boo??? I was worried..
    Aww, thanks! I've been traveling and very busy with work. Hickman's new run has been very interesting from a intellectual level, but his Storm needs some work. I did love that water bending feat, it would look great on film. Town barker isn't exactly the role I would have imagined Ororo in, though, but he still has a couple issues and Storm's on that final cover, so we'll see(I hope he knows Storm was able to get her XSE past the UN Security Council without telepathically influencing them, and that she was an actual queen of Wakanda, so her political ties are just as interesting as anything Emma, or Charles, or Magnus bring to the table). I really like a lot his ideas, but so far he isn't showing the emotional/familial core that an X-Book really needs. I guess that will be more dealt with in the individual titles spinning out of this, though.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-01-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

so you are saying in her state as mutant WITHOUT hadari yao she can control the cosmic storm. I would love to see her create one or stop one. aside from this I want to also see her play more with the forces of nature such as pressure systems. and I want to see her go ahead and demonstrate in a way that isnt up for debate that she can create absolute zero temps. I also would like it to be confirmed she is immune to the elements, none of this resistant crap.

and I think he is still interested. now are hickman/'Duggan interested is a whole other question.
    IMO...Yes.
    I'd like to see more pressure manipulation. I'd like to see Storm create weather affects that don't belong on earth such as the Jovian Pressure Dome. Also, i'd like for her to make Abz also, but it's not my TOP list. Yes,immunity confirmation is needed. ALSO, I want Storm to fly in space without aid.

I actually don't want Hickman and Duggan to talk about it. Because I don't think they understand it. It's better that this concept is fleshed out in another.

Aww, thanks! I've been traveling and very busy with work. Hickman's new run has been very interesting from a intellectual level, but his Storm needs some work. I did love that water bending feat, it would look great on film. Town barker isn't exactly the role I would have imagined Ororo in, though, but he still has a couple issues and Storm's on that final cover, so we'll see(I hope he knows Storm was able to get her XSE past the UN Security Council without telepathically influencing them, and that she was an actual queen of Wakanda, so her political ties are just as interesting as anything Emma, or Charles, or Magnus bring to the table). I really like a lot his ideas, but so far he isn't showing the emotional/familial core that an X-Book really needs. I guess that will be more dealt with in the individual titles spinning out of this, though.
    I'm glad your travels were safe and I am assuming you are back home as well. hopefully you have more time to breathe seeing you are back here (^_^).

you bring up a lot of great points about her political experience. the thing is wakanda was already listed as declining to recognize krakoa as a nation so in not sure how much pull she will have with that within wakanda; however, with her being queen and working with other nations as well as her work with XSE she would most certainly be a greater asset working with world leaders in a natural way without the need to telepathically persuade them as Emma did. it shows her weakness as it relates to Ororo. I did like the moments Ororo had with Cyclops and Jean. I mean its canon now that Scott views Ororo as stronger than him but se already knew this:

Attachment 87717

IMO...Yes.
    I'd like to see more pressure manipulation. I'd like to see Storm create weather affects that don't belong on earth such as the Jovian Pressure Dome. Also, i'd like for her to make Abz also, but it's not my TOP list. Yes,immunity confirmation is needed. ALSO, I want Storm to fly in space without aid.

I actually don't want Hickman and Duggan to talk about it. Because I don't think they understand it. It's better that this concept is fleshed out in another.

you read my mind.. I was going to ask should Ororo able to fly in space with out the need of a space suit?? I have my thoughts but I want to hear first what your thoughts are on this.

I dont want them to necessarily write her using the goddess power but a simple acknowledgment that she is the hadari yao would be enough for me.

yea but the difference is even if the FF had more followers the strength of their power isnt going to change based upon the number of said followers. worshippers are directly tied to the life and power of the gods. that is the distinct difference.

But that is my problem with Coates' story. Because the issue calls them "heroes", but hasn't said what sets them apart from modern day heroes with powers. Why does is work for them and nobody else. Is it Wakandan/Vibranium magic? Do these particular individuals descend from Gaia or another elder god? All we got were heroes becoming gods. Based on how Marvel sets up Earth gods, I say there pretenders. They may have found a spell that allows them to covert prayer into power.
    Last edited by Cville; 10-01-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Hickman did manage a few feels with the Scott/Jean/Monet moments, it is true. It was interesting to see them being the naked ones, with Ororo all covered up.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

you read my mind.. I was going to ask should Ororo able to fly in space with out the need of a space suit?? I have my thoughts but I want to hear first what your thoughts are on this.

I dont want them to necessarily write her using the goddess power but a simple acknowledgment that she is the hadari yao would be enough for me.
    I don't know, but I want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But that is my problem with Coates' story. Because the issue calls them "heroes", but hasn't said what sets them apart from modern day heroes with powers. Why does is work for them and nobody else. Is it Wakandan/Vibranium magic? Do these particular individuals descend from Gaia or another elder god? All we got were heroes becoming gods. Based on how Marvel sets up Earth gods, I say there pretenders. They may have found a spell that allows them to covert prayer into power.
    Coates explained it starting off with date night and then it culminated with ororos fight with adversary. the more people believed in her the more powerful she felt. and then the faith of the wakandan people gave her the power to defeat adversary. it was a concept that was explored in xena the warrior princess. the Greek gods were dying off because there were less people who believed in them. it's the same concept here.

Hickman did manage a few feels with the Scott/Jean/Monet moments, it is true. It was interesting to see them being the naked ones, with Ororo all covered up.

Scott was looking like a full snack there and yea I never thought about that. the woman who originally loved to be naked to the disbelief to her friends

I don't know, but I want it to happen.
    well here is how I think it could work. ororo would have to remove the oxygen attached to stardust to make it into breathable oxygen. this would allow her to breathe and then her immunity to the bitter cold should allow her to not require a space suit.

I think it could happen but it would take a lot of work.

Coates explained it starting off with date night and then it culminated with ororos fight with adversary. the more people believed in her the more powerful she felt. and then the faith of the wakandan people gave her the power to defeat adversary. it was a concept that was explored in xena the warrior princess. the Greek gods were dying off because there were less people who believed in them. it's the same concept here.
    I understand the concept. It just doesn't work in a world were normal people can become heroes as powerful as gods too. Like I said, if the FF or Cap America had a milli4583767on plus worshipers, would they ascend to god hood as well? What about the previous Panthers, they've been revered as heroes for 10,000 years, but they're just spirits.

Without the explanation of why it works for them and nobody else, I have to assume its Wakandan magic.