Page 41 of 662 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

I saw this and thought it was funny.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I saw this and thought it was funny.
    That's awesome!

I'm gonna try to be zen like Classic Storm and hope for the best in Ororo's future. Now if only I could look just as good as her doing it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Of course I watch them. There are so few content creators on YouTube that deal primarily with comics. I also love The Weekly Pull and Back Issues is my favorite, it has me watching videos about comics I care nothing about just to hear the banter.
    Me Too. I love Sal and Rob Rants I find myself agreeing to everything they say. Because they tell the truth. I don’t really like Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Me Too. I love Sal and Rob Rants I find myself agreeing to everything they say. Because they tell the truth. I don’t really like Benny.
    Interesting video. I wonder if they also engage on CBR. It's interesting the criteria they used and how some much of what has been debate on on CBR and CV on the same topic come down to nearly the same results, but I ultimately agree with their final 4 choices (though I much favor the X-Women (Storm, Jean Rogue & Psylocke).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Interesting video. I wonder if they also engage on CBR. It's interesting the criteria they used and how some much of what has been debate on on CBR and CV on the same topic come down to nearly the same results, but I ultimately agree with their final 4 choices (though I much favor the X-Women (Storm, Jean Rogue & Psylocke).
    It would be cool if they did. I have so many questions for them.

So I finally got around to reading Uncanny X-Men # 10. I actually liked it. Psylocke and Jean acknowledged that the X-Men didn't stand a chance unless they freed Storm. Betsy's actual words were "She's destroying us." Storm was the Horseman they needed to free - not Magneto, or Omega Red or the Blob. Storm was the one wiping them out. And once free, she hit X-Man with enough juice to get the telepath's the opening they needed.

The issue sat well with me, but it made me hate X-Men Apocalypse all the more. If a few panels, this writer made Storm more a bad-ass horseman than that shit terrible movie managed to do with their two hour 27 min run-time.

Yeah, despite some bad art moments (i.e. Kurt knocking out Blob’s teeth despite him being way too durable for him to do that) Storm was bada$$. I liked the page of the whirling winds and lightning combo where targets were basically ragdolled and zapped at the same time. If not for my over all distaste for the Uncanny relaunch I wouldn’t have minded that battle get dragged out an extra issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    So I finally got around to reading Uncanny X-Men # 10. I actually liked it. Psylocke and Jean acknowledged that the X-Men didn't stand a chance unless they freed Storm. Betsy's actual words were "She's destroying us." Storm was the Horseman they needed to free - not Magneto, or Omega Red or the Blob. Storm was the one wiping them out. And once free, she hit X-Man with enough juice to get the telepath's the opening they needed.

The issue sat well with me, but it made me hate X-Men Apocalypse all the more. If a few panels, this writer made Storm more a bad-ass horseman than that shit terrible movie managed to do with their two hour 27 min run-time.
    As I said other threads, my main issues was that it took to long to tell the story. Storm's "Bitch, I was a goddess before you were even conceived in a test-tube" was a nice moment though.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I feel as though Storm hitting X-man with that lightning bolt should be added under her telepathic disruption feats
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How? Betsy was the one who freed her from Legion-Man.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I'm bored.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-05-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How? Betsy was the one who freed her from Legion-Man.
    I'm pretty sure they're talking about the lightning attack she did that made X-Man drop his psi-shield. I think...? Which is impressive in it's own right, giving that she over powered the shielding of two god-like mutants.

Attachment 78160
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-05-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're talking about the lightning attack she did that made X-Man drop his psi-shield. I think...? Which is impressive in it's own right, giving that she over powered the shielding of two god-like mutants.

Attachment 78160
    This what i mean. I think this is the second instance of this happening
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Deleted post.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-06-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Today's Issues in Age of X-Men.

What I got from this is that Nate is essentially Superman. He was basically doing everything. It was ok I guess...

"I can't control the Smoke. There's too much"

"I still feel cold...I haven't had to conjure that much rain in months"

-Storm.

*Face PALM* -_-

Even her characterization is still just "woman who occasionally says things". I hope we get some freaking personality and side story, like have her at least explain why she decided to go bald or something.

I also don't like how Nature girl is taking away from Storm's earth link, she should be commenting on all the plant life being destroyed, I mean how about she states that if she creates any more rain she'd drown the forest which would be a better reason why she can't deal with it as easily.

And wtf is the cold thing? I mean if you're gonna ignore a core part of her power then how about making it make sense? Like stating how she can still feel the heat? She's cold from creating rain? What?