Page 410 of 662 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Umm helloooooo is no one going to discuss how Storm was the only one on the council in today’s House of X to stress that spoilers:
    Mutants can still have places of residence/property in “the world” if they desire? Specifically saying “No one said we have to run from it”! Hmm I wonder why that would be a forethought in her mind in particular? (Insert sly grin while looking at you Wakanda/T’challa lol). Also I hope this soothes some of your qualms about Storm’s voice sounding “off” by coming off as a mutant seperatist/nationalist. It’s clear that out of everyone on the ruling council, she is still the one who is the biggest proponent for cohesive and cohabitable mutant/human interaction. Which sounds directly on point to me. Also LOVED her savage shade towards Sabretooth lol. Good bloody riddance.
    end of spoilers

Overall super happy and satisfied with today’s issue, as usual! Hickman is really hitting it out of the park. Glad to see the hype was most certainly deserved.
    Real nice. Glad to see that she's not falling in line.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That scene with Magneto is funny. He points out how she has avoided the "prejudices and persecution" of being a mutant.

What about her being female and Black? Is she immune from those prejudices?

I would say before going to anerica she wouldnt have dealt with such things. she was worshipped as a goddess and revered. all of what she is, a black female goddess, was worshipped and revered. now in America I'm sure all of that changed upon becoming an xman.

Umm helloooooo is no one going to discuss how Storm was the only one on the council in today’s House of X to stress that spoilers:
    Mutants can still have places of residence/property in “the world” if they desire? Specifically saying “No one said we have to run from it”! Hmm I wonder why that would be a forethought in her mind in particular? (Insert sly grin while looking at you Wakanda/T’challa lol). Also I hope this soothes some of your qualms about Storm’s voice sounding “off” by coming off as a mutant seperatist/nationalist. It’s clear that out of everyone on the ruling council, she is still the one who is the biggest proponent for cohesive and cohabitable mutant/human interaction. Which sounds directly on point to me. Also LOVED her savage shade towards Sabretooth lol. Good bloody riddance.
    end of spoilers

Overall super happy and satisfied with today’s issue, as usual! Hickman is really hitting it out of the park. Glad to see the hype was most certainly deserved.
    yes it does. and I love thst she was all business in today's issue and didnt seem like she was there for any bullish. I need to read it again and assess but based upon your point umyou made I did like what she had to say.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

@powerpax I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo done with you. DONE! DONE, I SAY!

You don't leave me on a cliffhanger like that. How dare you? All joking aside, I'm kinda in shock. So many scenarios started flooding my brain as I read the latest issue of HOX. Almost everything that I've been advocating for in this thread for Storm has been realized. Ororo has just staked her claim at the very first ruling council meeting of Krakoa that for all of its greatness, she still has possessions out on the rest of the great wide world. And NO ONE at the council has suggested that they run from. She's not a coward. She doesn't run. When she stakes her claim no one moves her. I can't go into greater detail atm, but when I get done running errands I'm going share all my thoughts.

Thank you Hickman for acknowledging that this Storm is the mutant weather wielding powerhouse, the celebrity on another tier in Fearless, and the incomparable, amazing, brilliant, one true Hadari Yao of legend. Blue is on the council, y'all. If Storm starts talking about black mutant issues I'm throwing my shoes away.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

You don't leave me on a cliffhanger like that. How dare you? All joking aside, I'm kinda in shock. So many scenarios started flooding my brain as I read the latest issue of HOX. Almost everything that I've been advocating for in this thread for Storm has been realized. Ororo has just staked her claim at the very first ruling council meeting of Krakoa that for all of its greatness, she still has possessions out on the rest of the great wide world. And NO ONE at the council has suggested that they run from. She's not a coward. She doesn't run. When she stakes her claim no one moves her. I can't go into greater detail atm, but when I get done running errands I'm going share all my thoughts.

Thank you Hickman for acknowledging that this Storm is the mutant weather wielding powerhouse, the celebrity on another tier in Fearless, and the incomparable, amazing, brilliant, one true Hadari Yao of legend. Blue is on the council, y'all. If Storm starts talking about black mutant issues I'm throwing my shoes away.
    right! ororo isnt promoting the idea that mutants must totally isolate themselves from world. seeing her be the one saying no one has to tin away from the world establishes and supports the point we have been making that ororo wouldnt be the person to close herself off from the world. she didn't have a lot to say but the things she did say was important in conveying that she is in full control here and is not here for any foolishness.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Real nice. Glad to see that she's not falling in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would say before going to anerica she wouldnt have dealt with such things. she was worshipped as a goddess and revered. all of what she is, a black female goddess, was worshipped and revered. now in America I'm sure all of that changed upon becoming an xman.

yes it does. and I love thst she was all business in today's issue and didnt seem like she was there for any bullish. I need to read it again and assess but based upon your point umyou made I did like what she had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

I’m so happy to see the issue is going over well with(mostly) everybody. As soon as I read it there was a sigh of relief because I knew it would quench some of the understandable fires of doubt that were sweeping across these boards and this thread in general. I so desperately want us all to be on board and together for this brave new world of X. These are still the characters we’ve known and loved for so long. Just not putting up with as much of the bullshit anymore, to which I couldn’t be happier. Human protection/respect, check. Open involvement and participation in the outside world, check. Mutant safe space and homeland for the lost, disregarded, and persecuted in the world, check. There will be flaws. Nothing interesting is perfect. But let’s at least give credit where it’s due, I say.

P.S- lets get a special shout out to Hickman giving Bishop an esteemed position as a Captain! One small step for black mutants, one giant step for mutantkind.

I always had the opinion that if Storm isn't a major influence in the X-Men then she's being underutilized. This issue gives her a great spot for the future.

I’m so happy to see the issue is going over well with(mostly) everybody. As soon as I read it there was a sigh of relief because I knew it would quench some of the understandable fires of doubt that were sweeping across these boards and this thread in general. I so desperately want us all to be on board and together for this brave new world of X. These are still the characters we’ve known and loved for so long. Just not putting up with as much of the bullshit anymore, to which I couldn’t be happier. Human protection/respect, check. Open involvement and participation in the outside world, check. Mutant safe space and homeland for the lost, disregarded, and persecuted in the world, check. There will be flaws. Nothing interesting is perfect. But let’s at least give credit where it’s due, I say.

P.S- lets get a special shout out to Hickman giving Bishop an esteemed position as a Captain! One small step for black mutants, one giant step for mutantkind.

What???? Are you trying to get us all to get along? I'm going to have to talk to management about this!

Who's in charge here?

What???? Are you trying to get us all to get along? I'm going to have to talk to management about this!

Who's in charge here?
    Hahaha I know, I know it’s a fool’s errand but while X’s dream may be dead, mine still lives on! Lmao

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Thank you all for sharing. It sounds like a good, in-character depiction of Ororo. I also can't see her wanting to isolate herself from everyone else. Why is that their plan? And intersectionality is damn sure real. In the now cancelled Black Panther and the Crew, Storm and Misty Knight had a brief conversation about intersectionality.

Misty: ... Really getting tired of this city trying to kill me.
    Storm: If you were a mutant, you'd be used to it.
    Misty: Girl, I'm black and I'm still not used to it.
    Storm: And if you're both?
    Misty: Don't give me that intersectional privilege crap. This is Harlem, not Harvard.

See, that's real talk there between two AA heroes with similar intersections but also different with Storm having that extra layer of being a mutant and Misty having that extra layer of being a person with a disability (although, with her high-tech arm, some people may not view her as a person with a disability, but she is all the same.)

IÂ’m so happy to see the issue is going over well with(mostly) everybody. As soon as I read it there was a sigh of relief because I knew it would quench some of the understandable fires of doubt that were sweeping across these boards and this thread in general. I so desperately want us all to be on board and together for this brave new world of X. These are still the characters weÂ’ve known and loved for so long. Just not putting up with as much of the bullshit anymore, to which I couldnÂ’t be happier. Human protection/respect, check. Open involvement and participation in the outside world, check. Mutant safe space and homeland for the lost, disregarded, and persecuted in the world, check. There will be flaws. Nothing interesting is perfect. But letÂ’s at least give credit where itÂ’s due, I say.

Hickman most definitely was ambitious with the story and all the characters involved but he did a great job telling an engaging story where most characters got good moments. I still need more from Ororo but this particular issue does address one of the primary concerns i had with her depiction. also yaasssss to bishop having a prominent title. there are only two black characters in leadership positions. it's not great but it's better than what we have seen in a long time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I always had the opinion that if Storm isn't a major influence in the X-Men then she's being underutilized. This issue gives her a great spot for the future.

I totally agree. there is a lot to be optimistic about.

end of spoilers

She was also the only one to actually question Apocalypse and the mutant killing mutant thing. She looked like the more grounded one, even compared to the more zealous Kurt and Jean.

Hahaha I know, I know it’s a fool’s errand but while X’s dream may be dead, mine still lives on! Lmao
    May your soul be resurrected to infinity and beyond.

Who's in charge here?

you know you love us.... and we love you too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thank you all for sharing. It sounds like a good, in-character depiction of Ororo. I also can't see her wanting to isolate herself from everyone else. Why is that their plan? And intersectionality is damn sure real. In the now cancelled Black Panther and the Crew, Storm and Misty Knight had a brief conversation about intersectionality.

Misty: ... Really getting tired of this city trying to kill me.
    Storm: If you were a mutant, you'd be used to it.
    Misty: Girl, I'm black and I'm still not used to it.
    Storm: And if you're both?
    Misty: Don't give me that intersectional privilege crap. This is Harlem, not Harvard.

See, that's real talk there between two AA heroes with similar intersections but also different with Storm having that extra layer of being a mutant and Misty having that extra layer of being a person with a disability (although, with her high-tech arm, some people may not view her as a person with a disability, but she is all the same.)

yes... these are the types of REAL conversations that I want to see more of as ororo only addressing issues that impact mutants seem tone deaf and maybe even hypocritical. bp&c allow for these conversations to be natural so I hope we get more of these open and honest dialogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She was also the only one to actually question Apocalypse and the mutant killing mutant thing. She looked like the more grounded one, even compared to the more zealous Kurt and Jean.
    yup I totally agree here as well. what were your thoughts on ororo and spoilers:
    the sentencing of creed
    end of spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

yup I totally agree here as well. what were your thoughts on ororo and spoilers:
    the sentencing of creed
    end of spoilers?
    I think she could have been the one to say no there, but it was a bit of a complicated situation. Like, it was obvious he was being made an example of and maybe they needed that having so many villains on the Island. Still tricky, but that's the hard part in making a nation as Charles said (and spoilers:
    Creed
    end of spoilers is a monster so I won't cry for him lol).

I personally think her not give a hot damn response to spoilers:
    Creed
    end of spoilers was perfect lol and more in line with the Ororo you know and miss from the Claremont days, Kyss. She ain’t tell no lie and I’m sure she was over his bs for yearsssss now.

May your soul be resurrected to infinity and beyond.
    Bast bless you and keep you, sir!