Page 415 of 662 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Here's a random thought I had this morning. I know some people kind of had an anti-BP moment when Wakanda was listed as among the countries that didn't swallow the Krakoa Kool-Aid and also wondered about Kenya since both are linked to Ororo. What if Ororo asked T'Challa to steer clear of dealings with Krakoa and to help her Kenya do the same? It's just a thought, but it would make for an interesting plot for Ororo and her fellow X-Men, especially Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Here's a random thought I had this morning. I know some people kind of had an anti-BP moment when Wakanda was listed as among the countries that didn't swallow the Krakoa Kool-Aid and also wondered about Kenya since both are linked to Ororo. What if Ororo asked T'Challa to steer clear of dealings with Krakoa and to help her Kenya do the same? It's just a thought, but it would make for an interesting plot for Ororo and her fellow X-Men, especially Xavier.
    I don't think it was an anti BP moment it was a moment in which the mind asked for some sort of clarity and of course was question. At the end of the day Storm is still a mutant and if other mutants see that what does that say to them about Storm. For me its not so much about BP and how wakanda acted but how people wonder how the king of wakanda is seen by his people and how his image must be presented a certain way, Storm too is the face of a nation now and it's voice in a lot of ways. Thats why for it to work they have to meet half way with the representation of both. Even if one panel. I was very happy to see that one panel of tchalla in house of x 6. I honestly feel like Hickman has let the overall mu know the basis of stuff and those who are smart have been dropping little hints to Krakoa and etc so they aren't derailed or in another position of "This hero don't care or than to hold mutants down."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The Bishop's position makes Kitty leading even more weird. Bishop should be in charge.
    I don't think Bishop would have time to lead. He has to be the last line of defense for the others. You have 3 council members on the team, two on the boat, and you have two omegas there, thats not even counting the drugs. To karkoa there is ALOT of value on that maruaders team and boat.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ororo even says she isnt a wakandan god....

it's already been resolved lol.

I think after everyone's memories are restored and nunakia remembers she has a husband with 13 kids everyone will be happy again. once he can correct the wrong of sending the wakandans into space I think he will be happy.
    Perhaps Ororo is related to Ngai who i the kenya supreme god(wikipedia) after all her mother name is Ndare. Wakanda isn't the only country in africa who had gods and i think some forget Storm was worshipped in Africa as a goddess on her own without Wakanda and still is to this day. So wakanda recognizes her as a god but nothing really says, as you say that she is calling herself a wakandian god
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I think this has some merit. There’s been a pretty big time gap leading into the events of HOX/POX so it’s possible Storm was doing some behind the scenes deals of her own to secure what mattered to her. If she knew beforehand something was wrong with Xavier’s plan (and I think it’s kinda inevitable that there will be) then maybe she warned T’Challa to have Wakanda not take the deal.

I can buy it if only because Hickman’s done an ok job of demonstrating Storm’s agency and authority as a leader. Plus to be frank, it keeps the status quo of them dating until the MCU provides a clear direction on where their relationship goes. I don’t think Ororo and T’Challa are gonna be decisively broken up anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think this has some merit. There’s been a pretty big time gap leading into the events of HOX/POX so it’s possible Storm was doing some behind the scenes deals of her own to secure what mattered to her. If she knew beforehand something was wrong with Xavier’s plan (and I think it’s kinda inevitable that there will be) then maybe she warned T’Challa to have Wakanda not take the deal.

I can buy it if only because Hickman’s done an ok job of demonstrating Storm’s agency and authority as a leader. Plus to be frank, it keeps the status quo of them dating until the MCU provides a clear direction on where their relationship goes. I don’t think Ororo and T’Challa are gonna be decisively broken up anytime soon.
    Yes, it would be interesting if there was some kind of divide here with Ororo and her perspective on non-mutants, particularly those she cares about. I am kind of confused with the mutant vs non-mutant perspective. It isn't as if mutants aren't also humans. Is it as simple as people with the mutant gene versus those without? Or is it mutants vs. humans? I read some posters use the word human, so I'm unsure what the comics says is the dividing line here.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think it was an anti BP moment it was a moment in which the mind asked for some sort of clarity and of course was question. At the end of the day Storm is still a mutant and if other mutants see that what does that say to them about Storm. For me its not so much about BP and how wakanda acted but how people wonder how the king of wakanda is seen by his people and how his image must be presented a certain way, Storm too is the face of a nation now and it's voice in a lot of ways. Thats why for it to work they have to meet half way with the representation of both. Even if one panel. I was very happy to see that one panel of tchalla in house of x 6. I honestly feel like Hickman has let the overall mu know the basis of stuff and those who are smart have been dropping little hints to Krakoa and etc so they aren't derailed or in another position of "This hero don't care or than to hold mutants down."
    My point in mentioning an anti-BP moment was that, in general, some were very quick to conclude that T'Challa wasn't supporting Ororo because Wakanda was listed as a nation who rejected what Krakoa offered. There were posts comparing what Ororo has done for him and Wakanda and questioning what he has done for her and mutants. To me, that is an anti-BP moment with little evidence to support that the rejection of Krakoa drugs equaled a lack of support for Ororo or mutants. I think that's a fair and accurate recounting of a conversation that occurred about that part of the comic.

And, as with most things, there could be other reasons not yet revealed. I only mentioned another way that plot could play out that isn't necessarily a point of contention between BP/Wakanda and Storm but Xavier/X-Men and Storm. It could also be an interesting storyline.

My point in mentioning an anti-BP moment was that, in general, some were very quick to conclude that T'Challa wasn't supporting Ororo because Wakanda was listed as a nation who rejected what Krakoa offered. There were posts comparing what Ororo has done for him and Wakanda and questioning what he has done for her and mutants. To me, that is an anti-BP moment with little evidence to support that the rejection of Krakoa drugs equaled a lack of support for Ororo or mutants. I think that's a fair and accurate recounting of a conversation that occurred about that part of the comic.

And, as with most things, there could be other reasons not yet revealed. I only mentioned another way that plot could play out that isn't necessarily a point of contention between BP/Wakanda and Storm but Xavier/X-Men and Storm. It could also be an interesting storyline.
    And I an waiting for it. Got the microwave popcorn and herbal tea ready. I'm seeing rumors in the Hickman threads that we're getting the positive stuff up front and the drama is coming.

On a side note. Hickman saw the past decade of Xmen mismanagement and came out the gate with overwhelming positivity and appreciation and people love it. Proving you dont need negativity to make good comics. This is what I wish Coates had done for BP.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As pervasive is it's been across these threads...readers quickly jumping to conclusions on the basis of a panel or dialogue wrongly/differently interpreted is not the basis for enlightened (or even interesting) conversation.
    But that never stops them...unfortunately.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Oh this is very probable. Ororo is definitely for the survival and protection of mutants but she did not seem to happy with how Xavier is running things in krakoa and there could be reasons for this thst have yet to be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Perhaps Ororo is related to Ngai who i the kenya supreme god(wikipedia) after all her mother name is Ndare. Wakanda isn't the only country in africa who had gods and i think some forget Storm was worshipped in Africa as a goddess on her own without Wakanda and still is to this day. So wakanda recognizes her as a god but nothing really says, as you say that she is calling herself a wakandian god
    excellent point and I hope your theory is explored. as I commented and as you expounded on beautifully is that the fact she is a God doesnt mean she is a "wakandan god" in the sense her powers originate there. I hope Ngai is introduced at some point that would be really interesting. Do you have any links about her?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    And I an waiting for it. Got the microwave popcorn and herbal tea ready. I'm seeing rumors in the Hickman threads that we're getting the positive stuff up front and the drama is coming.

On a side note. Hickman saw the past decade of Xmen mismanagement and came out the gate with overwhelming positivity and appreciation and people love it. Proving you dont need negativity to make good comics. This is what I wish Coates had done for BP.
    what is negative about coates book?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

the thread about ororo having her own franchise or little corner within the marvel universe intrigued me. I think most here would agree that she could but what would that look like?

For me, I would want her to have her godhead explored where it is revealed she belongs to sncient Kenyan gods pantheon. Some are benevolent while others aren't. All are angry that she has ignored her gift of godhead but as of late have been revered more than her. These gods start to reek havoc on the lands of Kenya in an attempt to destroy her and she is now looking to bring balance back to the land. She obviously will eventually work to do this and gain respect from the benevolent gods and this can begin the building and exploration link ming directly to her within the mu. additional as one of the planets avatars when it items threatened by alien or indigenous invaders she is primarily called upon to protect it.

at any rate what do you think and what would you like to see?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-03-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Yes, it would be interesting if there was some kind of divide here with Ororo and her perspective on non-mutants, particularly those she cares about. I am kind of confused with the mutant vs non-mutant perspective. It isn't as if mutants aren't also humans. Is it as simple as people with the mutant gene versus those without? Or is it mutants vs. humans? I read some posters use the word human, so I'm unsure what the comics says is the dividing line here.
    Technically mutants are human. They just aren’t treated like it so you get stuff like Krakoa lol. The X-Men are putting emphasis on the X-gene to decide which is which. Storm is in a unique position as a mutant who’s been embraced by (some of) humanity so I’m interested to see how she’s taking all this.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Technically mutants are human. They just aren’t treated like it so you get stuff like Krakoa lol. The X-Men are putting emphasis on the X-gene to decide which is which. Storm is in a unique position as a mutant who’s been embraced by (some of) humanity so I’m interested to see how she’s taking all this.
    agreed. the ororo in fearless and in BP wouldnt isolate herself from the world at large so inam also curious to see how the world sees her. the fact that it is mutant law not to murder humans I think is huge and add to this she has pushed for mutants to be a part of the larger world is encouraging to me that she will still fight for and be a hero to all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ororo even says she isnt a wakandan god....

it's already been resolved lol.

I think after everyone's memories are restored and nunakia remembers she has a husband with 13 kids everyone will be happy again. once he can correct the wrong of sending the wakandans into space I think he will be happy.
    She also said she wouldn't call herself a GOD at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    She also said she wouldn't call herself a GOD at all.
    she definitely did say that prior to fighting adversary but where did she say that in this current season??

could you provide issue number please ???