Page 42 of 662 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142542 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Even her characterization is still just "woman who occasionally says things". I hope we get some freaking personality and side story, like have her at least explain why she decided to go bald or something.

I also don't like how Nature girl is taking away from Storm's earth link, she should be commenting on all the plant life being destroyed, I mean how about she states that if she creates any more rain she'd drown the forest which would be a better reason why she can't deal with it as easily.

And wtf is the cold thing? I mean if you're gonna ignore a core part of her power then how about making it make sense? Like stating how she can still feel the heat? She's cold from creating rain? What?
    Apprently I was told by another user that "The autors have already told (and it was clear in the page you mentioned the Storm quote) that the X-men don't fight quite often in this reality. They don't have to. They live in peace, in an Utopia. Nate doesn't allow villians to exist, I imagine. So, if they don't fight, they get rusty. That's why Storm seemed purposely weak and Magneto and Kurt even improved the argument with their lines."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Apprently I was told by another user that "The autors have already told (and it was clear in the page you mentioned the Storm quote) that the X-men don't fight quite often in this reality. They don't have to. They live in peace, in an Utopia. Nate doesn't allow villians to exist, I imagine. So, if they don't fight, they get rusty. That's why Storm seemed purposely weak and Magneto and Kurt even improved the argument with their lines."
    How does that even make sense from a literary plot perspective? Having and using one's gifts/powers is not/should not be like learning algebra or quantum physics or a foreign language.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    How does that even make sense from a literary plot perspective? Having and using one's gifts/powers is not/should not be like learning algebra or quantum physics or a foreign language.
    I guess what they mean is like. If they have never been put in a situation to push their powers or tax their powers past it's limits etc. Storm would have never learned how to create a Monsoon etc. All she did is made it rain hard when she could have made a Monsoon.

I guess what they mean is like. If they have never been put in a situation to push their powers or tax their powers past it's limits etc. Storm would have never learned how to create a Monsoon etc. All she did is made it rain hard when she could have made a Monsoon.
    This sounds beyond ridiculous. Unless they actually explained it in the book it sounds like the other user is speculating to justify shotty shitty writing. I get that this is an AU book but I wish she just didn’t appear under any of these “writers” pens. Or do us a favor and erase all prior canon so readers don’t have to get gut-pucnhed by seeing the endless holes in their lazy ass attempts to make their mark, aka - destroy the X-Men universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This sounds beyond ridiculous. Unless they actually explained it in the book it sounds like the other user is speculating to justify shotty shitty writing. I get that this is an AU book but I wish she just didn’t appear under any of these “writers” pens. Or do us a favor and erase all prior canon so readers don’t have to get gut-pucnhed by seeing the endless holes in their lazy ass attempts to make their mark, aka - destroy the X-Men universe.
    I think Nate is suppressing their power. Reading the story Nate was really doing everything like EVERYTHING. Helping Storm and then Magneto and then Jean etc. I think he's the reason they are not operating to their actual powers.

I mean It's not that hard to contain a fire when she has done so before, but of course what do I know i'm not a expert on Storm.

I think Nate is suppressing their power. Reading the story Nate was really doing everything like EVERYTHING. Helping Storm and then Magneto and then Jean etc. I think he's the reason they are not operating to their actual powers.

I mean It's not that hard to contain a fire when she has done so before, but of course what do I know i'm not a expert on Storm.
    Lol we know you know your ish very well. Its just annoying that readers have to fill in the blanks to make sense of what’s happening, and if we have to do that then the “writers” failed (again).

BANNED

Lol we know you know your ish very well. Its just annoying that readers have to fill in the blanks to make sense of what’s happening, and if we have to do that then the “writers” failed (again).
    LOL thanks. And yeah, it just seems to be a lot of lazy writing really. Uncanny X-Men 11 was good :-)

LOL thanks. And yeah, it just seems to be a lot of lazy writing really. Uncanny X-Men 11 was good :-)
    I hadn’t considered getting the issue (though I love Larocca art). Any thing for Storm? Or was it all Cyclops still?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

And that is certainly a more plausible reason for them not being able to fully and effectively utilise their powers. Not the "Gimme a sec...I'm rusty" idiocy. These writers leave too many important pieces "up to the readers" to speculate and decipher.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I just skimmed through the issue and I'm NOT in alignment with the EXCUSE about not fighting. What does not fighting have to do with being able to make a rainstorm? What does not fighting have to do with ignoring a key trait about her abilities as it relates to being immune to the elements? Furthermore, I didnt see any of the other xmen commenting on how they couldnt excite the task they were given. It was only Storm saying how she couldnt do this or that. I didnt see nature girl asking xman to communicate with animals or jean asking him to help her put up her tk shields. It was all very directed at ororo. The only saving grace is that I dont consider this to be 616 storm as this is an alternate reality. Whatever or whoever that character is it definitely is not Ororo and I dont think people should try to justify what is simply just bad writing.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-06-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And that is certainly a more plausible reason for them not being able to fully and effectively utilise their powers. Not the "Gimme a sec...I'm rusty" idiocy. These writers leave too many important pieces "up to the readers" to speculate and decipher.
    HAHAHA that is funny. "Hold on, I forgot how to use my powers" yeah I agree with you.

I hadn’t considered getting the issue (though I love Larocca art). Any thing for Storm? Or was it all Cyclops still?
    Nothing about Storm, but a lot of Cyslops and it was good. Scott said %&$* Rogers I agree. :-)

exactly and 100% agreed!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The authors said in an interview that these X-men are not fighters/warriors. That's no need for that in this world. And I don't like when things are said off-panel but you can't see it in the story. But that's not the case. If people read the issue, they will see this is something intended.

Storm said she didn't have to conjure that much rain in months. Maybe you guys are perfect, but normal people lose effectiveness in doing things they don't do for a long time. And I don't think Ororo would mess with nature, making a big and strong rain, just because she didn't want to lose her way with it. Mostly because they don't naturelly need to.

Kurt even says they don't have to fight anymore. This is a different Storm, she may have gone through a very different story.

Calling this bad writing seems petty. This sounds like "Awn, my character was not powerful, I'm so mad". It's not without reason that a lot of people hate fandoms. People shit on other's work for the sake of it. Read between the lines and see what the story intends, you're the ones to lose if you don't. This is nothing like Guggenheim's Storm that did nothing for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The authors said in an interview that these X-men are not fighters/warriors. That's no need for that in this world. And I don't like when things are said off-panel but you can't see it in the story. But that's not the case. If people read the issue, they will see this is something intended.

Storm said she didn't have to conjure that much rain in months. Maybe you guys are perfect, but normal people lose effectiveness in doing things they don't do for a long time. And I don't think Ororo would mess with nature, making a big and strong rain, just because she didn't want to lose her way with it. Mostly because they don't naturelly need to.

Kurt even says they don't have to fight anymore. This is a different Storm, she may have gone through a very different story.

Calling this bad writing seems petty. This sounds like "Awn, my character was not powerful, I'm so mad". It's not without reason that a lot of people hate fandoms. People shit on other's work for the sake of it. Read between the lines and see what the story intends, you're the ones to lose if you don't. This is nothing like Guggenheim's Storm that did nothing for no reason.
    again what does not fighting have to do with her feeling cold after making it rain? I wont make any assumptions about your knowledge so I will just say ororo is immune to the elements and shouldn't feel cold/hot unless her communion with the elements have been broken.

and perhaps she could not create enough rain to snuff off the fire but she could also had snuffed it out by removing the oxygen needed to fuel the fire. there are other avenues she could have taken which has nothing to do with amount of battles she has been in.
    nevertheless, being aware of prior canon and holding these writers to this isnt being petty but expecting that they do better at what they are being paid to do.

lastly I dont consider this 616 storm as this is an alternate universe version but if this version is remotely the same as 616 she shouldnt feel cold after making it rain. that is just beyond inconsistent with 616 established canon.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-06-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Okies. That is clearly not 616 Storm.
    As such...I really don't give a shyt and I humbly retract my statements on this particular issue, though I still think the notion to be an idiotic one as presented on the page.