Page 422 of 662 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Well, that's not true. Monet is on Krakoa and she isn't white. I have to assume Bishop is there and he isn't white. Sebastian Shaw is there and he's not white. Apocalypse is there is he's not white. We've seen Skin and Synch, they are not white. And didn't we see Armor, another non-white mutant, in one of the panels? Furthermore, we don't know all of the mutants on the Krakoa, but I think it's a stretch to say they are all white.
    Sebastian is not white?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Sebastian is not white?
    He's Asian, correct? Or is it his son Shinobi that is biracial?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    OMGoddess!
    The Hadari Yao would be saddened and greatly disappointed by the grossly misconstrued notions of some of her most avowed acolytes in this thread.
    I'm just confused now. I get the points but i don't get what people want to be done. The characters can't do anything in this situation so unless there is some campaign to disney to force some of these issues i just don't get it unless it's just a topic to discuss which is cool. Storm is on the council, Bishop is a general, Synch was one of the first ones resurrected, and theirs an image of Roberto sitting on the shiar throne so at least the mutants of color have some prominence but yes it could be better but there is absolutely nothing the characters can do about it. I feel like i'm in one of those loops where the conservative black people try to tell you you shouldn't vote for democrats, because... But then the only answer they have is has it worked for you but have no solutions of there own other than support something you see is doing no good for your people.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

He's Asian, correct? Or is it his son Shinobi that is biracial?
    Yeah, no, Shinobi is biracial with an Asian mother. Sebastian is white American.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    OMGoddess!
    The Hadari Yao would be saddened and greatly disappointed by the grossly misconstrued notions of some of her most avowed acolytes in this thread.
    LOL may she Strike them with Lightning.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just confused now. I get the points but i don't get what people want to be done. The characters can't do anything in this situation so unless there is some campaign to disney to force some of these issues i just don't get it unless it's just a topic to discuss which is cool. Storm is on the council, Bishop is a general, Synch was one of the first ones resurrected, and theirs an image of Roberto sitting on the shiar throne so at least the mutants of color have some prominence but yes it could be better but there is absolutely nothing the characters can do about it. I feel like i'm in one of those loops where the conservative black people try to tell you you shouldn't vote for democrats, because... But then the only answer they have is has it worked for you but have no solutions of there own other than support something you see is doing no good for your people.
    Analogy aside. You are on point about the Dems. Damn if it isn't sadly true.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    LOL may she Strike them with Lightning.
    She's a benevolent God.
    She'll wrap them in St. Elmo's Fire...that their spirits may be lifted by the divine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Well, that's not true. Monet is on Krakoa and she isn't white. I have to assume Bishop is there and he isn't white. Sebastian Shaw is there and he's not white. Apocalypse is there is he's not white. We've seen Skin and Synch, they are not white. And didn't we see Armor, another non-white mutant, in one of the panels? Furthermore, we don't know all of the mutants on the Krakoa, but I think it's a stretch to say they are all white.
    I was actually referring to the council members not the entire island. and I would think apocalypse isnt white but from what I recall when he was shown as human he was depicted as white.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

let's remember how this conversation was started. the question was is Jean actually a true friend of ororo. one instance referenced to support the idea she is not was when Jean perceived ororo as a slave. it was then stated that essentially any white character would hold such ideas; therefore, assuming that is true the question was asked how would ororo work with these leaders when the entirety of the leadership is white with the exception of her? if the idea is that all white characters are innately racist how would ororo navigate around this or how should she? these are all simply questions at least in regards to the other white mutants being racist as there isnt anything definitively from canon to support said description.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-08-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let's remember how this conversation was started. the question was is Jean actually a true friend of ororo. one instance referenced to support the idea she is not was when Jean perceived ororo as a slave. it was then stated that essentially any white character would hold such ideas; therefore, assuming that is true the question was asked how would ororo work with these leaders when the entirety of the leadership is white with the exception of her? if the idea is that all white characters are innately racist how would ororo navigate around this or how should she? these are all simply questions at least in regards to the other white mutants being racist as there isnt anything definitively from canon to support said description.
    i read the posts back to back and it was a lot of information so between the Jean thing, the friendship thing, the race part, and instiutionalised racism to name a few i really got lost in what the bottom line point was.

When it comes to how she would deal with it if it could be any other white person? The same way we all do, the same way everybody does. Storm is not a telepath just like we aren't and we don't know what anyones deepest darkest desires are but we hope for the best. Otherwise we may as well start investing in padded rooms because to live in any world you have to interact with the unknown and nothing is more unknown than the mind of others.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The fact that she:
    Has been a highly respected leader of the X-Men, of long standing.
    Jean's best friend and "sister".
    Actually has presence and a voice at the council table.
    Is actually respected as a hero of the Mutant Cause by Xavier and Magneto and her White peers.
    So...I don't see the whole 'white people are inherently racist' being applicable to the X-Men as envisioned by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum, when all evidence points to the opposite, as seen in Giant-sized X-Men No.1, and followed through to the present.
    There is nothing for her to "navigate around".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was actually referring to the council members not the entire island. and I would think apocalypse isnt white but from what I recall when he was shown as human he was depicted as white.
    Ah, Gotcha. Poccy was was born in Aqaba which is in Jordan. He should be Middle Eastern dissent.

i read the posts back to back and it was a lot of information so between the Jean thing, the friendship thing, the race part, and instiutionalised racism to name a few i really got lost in what the bottom line point was.

When it comes to how she would deal with it if it could be any other white person? The same way we all do, the same way everybody does. Storm is not a telepath just like we aren't and we don't know what anyones deepest darkest desires are but we hope for the best. Otherwise we may as well start investing in padded rooms because to live in any world you have to interact with the unknown and nothing is more unknown than the mind of others.
    No worries I could tell things were getting misconstrued but that was primarily because I didnt clarify my response to daken properly.

To your point about how everyone deals with it I think ororo is in a unique position because she can actually drive change as she is in a position of power and authority. However, I do agree with you that unless people are overt in their racism there's no real way to know how people think.

Ah, Gotcha. Poccy was was born in Aqaba which is in Jordan. He should be Middle Eastern dissent.
    yes that was my bad.. I thought I actually originally said the council. and though I would group middle eastern people as African I know from the US point of view middle easterners are considered white.

nevertheless, the idea of superiority especially as it relates to ororo is very much something she would need to navigate through considering her interactions with some of these mutants. we have already explored Jean and her inner dark propensities towards superiority but let's not forget there is also Emma and Sebastian Shaw who both have controlled Ororo in the most offensive manner when they took her body and exploited it for their amusement. We even have Sinisiter who basically called her the white men or x-men's b!tch:

The ideas of race and its dynamics are one Ororo would most certainly and realistically would have to navigate when taking in account certain characters personalities. This might be one of the reasons she had the demeanor she displayed during the councils first meeting.

Apocalypse was originally portrayed to be black, not white. Any changes to his appearance has more to do with Marvel's rampant whitewashing of people of color

Astonishing Member

I'm someone who wasn't impressed with the diversity of Hickman's Avengers but I'm willing to say he made an effort. And the fact that characters like Storm, Bishop, and Sunspot seem to be getting positions of importance in-universe is promising. But titles are one thing, what matters much more is story arcs and relationships so we'll have to see what happens going forward.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-08-2019 at 11:49 AM.