Page 425 of 662 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm sorry- come again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    What...??!
    yes lol. they were not added for any geopolitical reasons, such as why they wanted Emma it seems that were added solely to have people he trusts sitting at the the table to help in the decision making. it also was not explained what the different seasons mean in terms of decision making . I guess that will all be explained later.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I didn't read it that way, compared to the other members they are like family to him, I doubt he meant that literally in such an off hand comment.
    I agree with you he didnt mean it in a literal sense nor did I say he meant it literally. nevertheless that is how he described the reason for why they were selected.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    So, what’s the problem?

Exactly.

I didn’t see it as that either. More like people he trust and are close to him.
    where did I say there was a problem???

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I loved Xavier saying those three were his children. For me it felt like in the respect that his dream is carried on by them. In a world where Xavier has to be something different his "children" have inherited his dream as shown by the council meeting. Jean thought of humans, Ororo made sure to note no one need run from the real world and Kurt's compassion. They are the bright spot in this Xavier's Summer, and he hopes they continue the dream he can't.
    I thought it was nice. it shows these three are definitely the ones he trusts the most and it indicates they hopefully will be a reminder to not stray away from the ideals of the xmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thank you Mr. Coates:

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-mu...-marvel-comic/

Through the course of her history, Storm has been worshipped as a goddess many times, and in Uncanny X-Men #10, Storm attacks X-Men by famoulsy boasting that she's "been a goddess longer than he has been alive." But it isn’t until Black Panther Issue 172, where Storm is able to tap into her gift of Godhead, powered by the belief of Wakanda, that she actually cements her status. According to her former lover T’Challa, the godhead was passed down from Ororo’s ancestors and is “more than a mutation,” essentially putting rest to the debate. To make it even clearer, the issue ends with T’Challa telling Ororo he always knew she was a Goddess... but she only needed to believe in herself.

it is because of you she is canonically one of if not the strongest African American female ever to be written. websites such as screen rant make it to where your work cannot be ignored.
    I have a question about Storm's "newfound" godhood... so since she's now being seen as an actual goddess, does that mean something like those power inhibitor collars(like from the animated series) would no longer render her powerless? Like if you put one on someone like Thor, I doubt it would have any effect because he's a god. Does the same hold true for Storm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I have a question about Storm's "newfound" godhood... so since she's now being seen as an actual goddess, does that mean something like those power inhibitor collars(like from the animated series) would no longer render her powerless? Like if you put one on someone like Thor, I doubt it would have any effect because he's a god. Does the same hold true for Storm?
    Divinity isn't a Mutant power.
    So, a Power Damper would have no affect on Storm. And your right A power Damper would have no affect on Thor either. But take away Thor's Hammer all he can do is summon Rain and Thunder. And won't be able to do half the things Storm can do.....

where did I say there was a problem???

OH, Ok my bad. I only said that because when you said:
    "not because of her leadership skill or anything like that" as oppose to the real reason made it seem like you did. But ok.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-09-2019 at 10:02 AM.

So, a Power Damper would have no affect on Storm. And your right A power Damper would have no affect on Thor either. But but take away Thor's Hammer all he can do is summon Rain and Thunder. And won't be able to do half the things Storm can do.....

"not because of her leadership skill or anything like that" as oppose to the real reason made it seem like you did. But ok.
    … and still able to throw mountains too I assume lol. I dunno, my Thor knowledge is limited.

BANNED

… and still able to throw mountains too I assume lol. I dunno, my Thor knowledge is limited.
    Yes, that too.....

yea the power inhibitor wouldnt work against her godhead powers. however, it has not been explained exactly how she taps into it. it doesnt appear she can do this at will yet and then there is also the thing that the xoffices are probably not going to so much to explore this development.

you know this does take me back to the one good thing in xmen gold when ororo was able of overcome the mutant dampeners in gold:

So, a Power Damper would have no affect on Storm. And your right A power Damper would have no affect on Thor either. But take away Thor's Hammer all he can do is summon Rain and Thunder. And won't be able to do half the things Storm can do.....

yup that is correct.

and it's cool. I wasnt saying it was a bad or good thing just that it wasnt anything beyond her being family. whether that is a good or bad thing I will let you guys decide lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-09-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Thank you Mr. Coates:

https://screenrant.com/xmen-storm-mu...-marvel-comic/

Through the course of her history, Storm has been worshipped as a goddess many times, and in Uncanny X-Men #10, Storm attacks X-Men by famoulsy boasting that she's "been a goddess longer than he has been alive." But it isn’t until Black Panther Issue 172, where Storm is able to tap into her gift of Godhead, powered by the belief of Wakanda, that she actually cements her status. According to her former lover T’Challa, the godhead was passed down from Ororo’s ancestors and is “more than a mutation,” essentially putting rest to the debate. To make it even clearer, the issue ends with T’Challa telling Ororo he always knew she was a Goddess... but she only needed to believe in herself.

it is because of you she is canonically one of if not the strongest African American female ever to be written. websites such as screen rant make it to where your work cannot be ignored.
    Loved this issue, as well as an earlier one where Ororo and T'Challa talked about what it meant to be a god and whether Ororo was one. I will admit that I wish the fight with the Adversary would've been a bit more than Ororo striking him with lightning. It was impressive in that she "only" needed to hit him with her trademark attack and that he wasn't strong enough to counterattack, and was forced to take the L. Because she uses lightning all the time, it felt like she could've beat him without being empowered by Wakandans' beliefs. Coates did write that Ororo had faced this foe before and couldn't beat him, I believe, but I'm unsure what he's referencing. It just would've been nice if she was depicted as doing something other than her normal attack to demonstrate her newfound godhood.

I did like that Coates wrote Ororo as already being in possession of what was needed to be elevated to the status of a god. I guess, as others have noted, there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to how gods come to be or how a god is defined. For Coates, Ororo's godhood potential seems to be more than her being a mutant, although her mutant powers are a major part of her ability to "transcend the mortal coil," as Ororo told T'Challa. Such a leveling-up, according to Coates, is where believers enters. So, perhaps there is a difference between born gods and made gods.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-09-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Loved this issue, as well as an earlier one where Ororo and T'Challa talked about what it meant to be a god and whether Ororo was one. I will admit that I wish the fight with the Adversary would've been a bit more than Ororo striking him with lightning. It was impressive in that she "only" needed to hit him with her trademark attack and that he wasn't strong enough to counterattack, and was forced to take the L. Because she uses lightning all the time, it felt like she could've beat him without being empowered by Wakandans' beliefs. Coates did write that Ororo had faced this foe before and couldn't beat him, I believe, but I'm unsure what he's referencing. It just would've been nice if she was depicted as doing something other than her normal attack to demonstrate her newfound godhood.

I did like that Coates wrote Ororo as already being in possession of what was needed to be elevated to the status of a god. I guess, as others have noted, there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to how gods come to be or how a god is defined. For Coates, Ororo's godhood potential seems to be more than her being a mutant, although her mutant powers are a major part of her ability to "transcend the mortal coil," as Ororo told T'Challa. Such a leveling-up, according to Coates, is where believers enters. So, perhaps there is a difference between born gods and made gods.
    yes I loved it too beloved . however, I didn't the powers she used as lightning. I thought it was a divine blast but I can see how it can be shown as such. I do wish it was shown in a more distinguishable manner.

to your statement about them fighting before ororo fought adversary years ago prior to the outback era. their powers were unable to phase him but it was through a spell forge cast and the xmen sacrificing their souls where they were able to lock him in another dimension. since he is a chaos demon he cant completely be destroyed because it is through chaos change occurs. this has been one of the many reasons I like Coates and that is his ability to follow canon as that story was written I believe back in the 80s.

and I also agree here. I believe coates again in following what has been established before in canon regarding her powerset. ir has been hinted at least two separate times in canon that she is a God. I will post scans when I get a chance.

so today In pox we finally get explanations for why ororo was chosen, alongside kurt and Jean, where chosen for the council. it was not because of her leadership skill or anything like that. no it was because spoilers:
    they are Xavier children
    end of spoilers.
    My popcorn fell out of my mouth. Lol, gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My popcorn fell out of my mouth. Lol, gotta love it.
    wait why did it fall out??? please tell me you are going to throw some shade about the reveal lol

wait why did it fall out??? please tell me you are going to throw some shade about the reveal lol
    I'm glad that Xavier chose Storm and the others because he values them and their judgement.

However, the question is, should they trust him? I'd be very suspect of him.

We know he's keeping secrets.

As horrible as Gold was, Guggenheim had her actually overpowering an inhibitor collar during his .. "run"
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm glad that Xavier chose Storm and the others because he values them and their judgement.

However, the question is, should they trust him? I'd be very suspect of him.

We know he's keeping secrets.
    I really dont think they should trust him but should we blame him for his shady ways?

the funny thing is that the idea of mutants being the inheritors of the earth is a farce. would ororo have issue with this if she knew the truth ? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    As horrible as Gold was, Guggenheim had her actually overpowering an inhibitor collar during his .. "run"
    and honey it was horrible. God awful!

and honey it was horrible. God awful!
    I second this.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.