Page 428 of 662 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Black Panther is the only place you will get Goddess Storm. However, we don’t know if Coates is still developing this part of Storm due to the simple fact Coates has not made any references or mentions of her Godhead since BP #13. Now, you mentioned “involuntary” personally if Storms Godhead is actually Involuntary that would Suck!!! That means her Godhead would just bust out at any given moment regardless of what is going on and I wouldn’t like that. IMO it makes it seem like she isn’t in control of her own Goddess Powers making Storm a loose cannon and very unpredictable.

But that is a very good point. Everyone’s point is very well valid. For all we know it could come out due to stress, anger, fear or she simply can control like my example Binary. OR it’s not controlable and comes out whenever it wants(which again IMO would suck).
    the last issue of black panther the entire ending of the book was likening her and her power to that of a god. he most certainly isnt done with that whole storyline.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

chris Claremont finally able to speak his mind about those God awful foxmen films.

sorry Alex ship

https://mobile.twitter.com/AiPTcomic...59719821385728

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the last issue of black panther the entire ending of the book was likening her and her power to that of a god. he most certainly isnt done with that whole storyline.
    That storyline would work in a book like Excalibur imo which is about exploring mutant magic and such. They could have Ororo and Syrin to explore mutant godhood.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It was Shuri #9

That is a great example. That basically proves what I stated. So, due to that specific instance it proves that Storms Godhead lies Dormant inside of Storm. Storm needs to accept it. IMO there will come a point in time she will have no other choice, but to accept it.
    The thing is, Coates didn't write Shuri. Okorafor did. So, I'm unsure whether they collaborated about that interpretation of Storm's godhead or whether that was Okorafor's spin.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    The thing is, Coates didn't write Shuri. Okorafor did. So, I'm unsure whether they collaborated about that interpretation of Storm's godhead or whether that was Okorafor's spin.
    Coate's may not have written it but the writer definitely addressed it in the same vein. What was in the cave was so unnatural that as storm got closer she kept hearing a call to arms in her head that was telling her she was closer. For me it felt more like a drive or mission, like the god of war is prone to want war, storm is the goddess who preserves the balance of all and all her dialogue in god mod confirmed this. She was "Danger seas make for great sailors. and Destruction brings Life." So i don't think it's something that can't be controlled but rather an internal desire for balance given her status that she will eventually need to control. I agree with those who said the belief of others just reawakened her god hood as she herself even said the days when she was a goddess there was something unexplainable about her own powers, they were stronger. So nothing in either story contradicts the other in fact they support that she is the Hadari Yao, the Goddess who preserves balance.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Attachment 88115

To me the entire thing came off like Storm had a purpose and though in god mod there must have been some awareness as she knew who shuri was etc but she had a misson to fulfill.

And Shuri's guides say the fungus forced out her godhood so i don't see any reason why Ororo shouldn't be able to control it's manifestation on her own at some point.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Attachment 88115

To me the entire thing came off like Storm had a purpose and though in god mod there must have been some awareness as she knew who shuri was etc but she had a misson to fulfill.

And Shuri's guides say the fungus forced out her godhood so i don't see any reason why Ororo shouldn't be able to control it's manifestation on her own at some point.

Thank you for posting the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That storyline would work in a book like Excalibur imo which is about exploring mutant magic and such. They could have Ororo and Syrin to explore mutant godhood.
    that would have been really cool to read. even if they dont necessarily go deep into it maybe captain Britain can talk about the rarity of what these two ladies possess would be nice. did siryn die at some point before Hickman brought her back? I wonder will these abilities be explored in any fashion.

Attachment 88115

Coate's may not have written it but the writer definitely addressed it in the same vein. What was in the cave was so unnatural that as storm got closer she kept hearing a call to arms in her head that was telling her she was closer. For me it felt more like a drive or mission, like the god of war is prone to want war, storm is the goddess who preserves the balance of all and all her dialogue in god mod confirmed this. She was "Danger seas make for great sailors. and Destruction brings Life." So i don't think it's something that can't be controlled but rather an internal desire for balance given her status that she will eventually need to control. I agree with those who said the belief of others just reawakened her god hood as she herself even said the days when she was a goddess there was something unexplainable about her own powers, they were stronger. So nothing in either story contradicts the other in fact they support that she is the Hadari Yao, the Goddess who preserves balance.
    I love all of this!!! yes for the hadari yao!!

I guess my only issue is why wasnt she aware of what she did in shuri? again in both instances where she became a goddess in black panther she remembered everything that happened. unless as you said the desire to return balance was so strong her godhead had to exert control but that comes off like a different personality which does seem to not align with Coates work.

I love all of this!!! yes for the hadari yao!!

I guess my only issue is why wasnt she aware of what she did in shuri? again in both instances where she became a goddess in black panther she remembered everything that happened. unless as you said the desire to return balance was so strong her godhead had to exert control but that comes off like a different personality which does seem to not align with Coates work.

Right. That's why I mentioned two different authors writing about Storm's godhead. I'm uncertain if the two versions gel. Hell, I was unaware that Storm had a god mode that could be triggered on and off. I didn't get that from what I read in BP. It seemed more about Ororo acknowledging her inner goddess, not necessarily going into another mode to access her god powers. Actually, I'm unsure what her goddess powers are supposed to be. I took her godhood at its most basic level--in that all of her natural mutant powers were increased. Meaning her power range increased, and that greater range is what she could now tap into. Okorafor's Shuri entered something new into the equation that I would like explained and explored. Otherwise, it becomes a random and forgotten plot point.

Right. That's why I mentioned two different authors writing about Storm's godhead. I'm uncertain if the two versions gel. Hell, I was unaware that Storm had a god mode that could be triggered on and off. I didn't get that from what I read in BP. It seemed more about Ororo acknowledging her inner goddess, not necessarily going into another mode to access her god powers. Actually, I'm unsure what her goddess powers are supposed to be. I took her godhood at its most basic level--in that all of her natural mutant powers were increased. Meaning her power range increased, and that greater range is what she could now tap into. Okorafor's Shuri entered something new into the equation that I would like explained and explored. Otherwise, it becomes a random and forgotten plot point.
    I think your concern about the two versions gelling is a fair one. The only way I can rationalize what we saw in shuri is that ororo hasnt fully accepted her abilities. however, I believe her abilities go beyond just increasing her mutant powers. as coates explained her gift of godhead goes deeper than any mutation and her mutant abilities didnt allow her to affect the storms adversary created that was destroying wakanda. more of this has to explained which is why I think a solo would be appropriate.

I think your concern about the two versions gelling is a fair one. The only way I can rationalize what we saw in shuri is that ororo hasnt fully accepted her abilities. however, I believe her abilities go beyond just increasing her mutant powers. as coates explained her gift of godhead goes deeper than any mutation and her mutant abilities didnt allow her to affect the storms adversary created that was destroying wakanda. more of this has to explained which is why I think a solo would be appropriate.
    More definitely needs to be explained. Readers shouldn't have to guess what it all means, especially when it is depicted differently. Although, I guess such inconsistencies is the norm in comics. A solo would be awesome, of course. At a minimum, I hope Coates goes deeper with Storm's new status. He's the one who created it, so he should be the one doing the defining with other authors supporting his interpretation. I'm not a fan of the idea of a "god mode." I would like for Storm to have access to all of her powers--mutant and godly--and decide how much of either is needed depending on the situation. That would give her agency over her powers.

More definitely needs to be explained. Readers shouldn't have to guess what it all means, especially when it is depicted differently. Although, I guess such inconsistencies is the norm in comics. A solo would be awesome, of course. At a minimum, I hope Coates goes deeper with Storm's new status. He's the one who created it, so he should be the one doing the defining with other authors supporting his interpretation. I'm not a fan of the idea of a "god mode." I would like for Storm to have access to all of her powers--mutant and godly--and decide how much of either is needed depending on the situation. That would give her agency over her powers.
    I agree with all of this. I kind of likened it to how saiyans become super saiyans. she wouldn't have to be in the state all the time and would only access it when absolutely necessary as you mentioned.

I also completely agree coates should be the one to define what this is and exactly how her powers manifest. how would you distinguish her abilities between mutant and godly?

BANNED

Yeah, but he didn't mention anything about "Hadari Yao" so at this point were just assuming. And I rather NOT assume what a Writer is thinking or what he is considering doing until we actually see it or he talks about it via interview of future plans.......

That's also a good point. However, i'm sure they were in contact with each other. Because Shuri was more or less a tie-in for why T'Challa left. So, i'm sure the Hadari Yao had to be discussed between them.