Page 43 of 662 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast

I know Ororo is "immune" to temperature variations. But the way she said it in this issue, I interpreted as a post traumatic effort. Like when you use a muscle beyond what you are used to, that you feel weaker, feel pain... or in this case cold. It's not the kind of thing that was set in stone for me.

And even if she just felt cold because of the rain. These characters are so old, have so much history, I personally think it is understandable if somethings change over the years between writers or if they don't know everything. It's not like this is something that changes who Storm is or her function in the story.

I think it is very disrespectful that people call this shitty writing because of a little detail, even though the writers created a cool concept and are using all the characters for something. It really feels like a team book, and we only had 2 issues total (with so many characters). Issue 3 has Storm and Erik discussing in the cover, so we can expect some focus on them there. If she is bad used there (or before), I sure will complain about her characterization, but we don't need to be unfair.

Storm was so weak in Marvelous X-men today. I didnt like it. She couldnt contain the smoke and Nature Girl of all people had to school her. Pathetic

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I know Ororo is "immune" to temperature variations. But the way she said it in this issue, I interpreted as a post traumatic effort. Like when you use a muscle beyond what you are used to, that you feel weaker, feel pain... or in this case cold. It's not the kind of thing that was set in stone for me.

And even if she just felt cold because of the rain. These characters are so old, have so much history, I personally think it is understandable if somethings change over the years between writers or if they don't know everything. It's not like this is something that changes who Storm is or her function in the story.

I think it is very disrespectful that people call this shitty writing because of a little detail, even though the writers created a cool concept and are using all the characters for something. It really feels like a team book, and we only had 2 issues total (with so many characters). Issue 3 has Storm and Erik discussing in the cover, so we can expect some focus on them there. If she is bad used there (or before), I sure will complain about her characterization, but we don't need to be unfair.
    1. I guess if you interpret it like that one could argue such a point; however, my issue is that you didnt see of the other characters having issue using their abilities. Did Colossus Express being exhausted after turning into his armored form and lifting a tree? How about nature girl recieving all the thoughts of the plants and animals? Did jean express having headaches or being mentally exhausted after putting up her tk shields? The "weaknesses" only seemed to apply to Ororo and grossly so.

2. Saying Ororo can feel cold is a big change to the functionality of her abilities. It would be akin to saying Jean got headaches anytime she used her powers. People would have gripes about that. The fact that these characters have such long history of established canon is the exact reason why things like this should not be understandable.

3. What you see as little I believe others perceive it as big and it is because as you mentioned the long history of the characters. I dont think people want or intend to be disrespectful but none of us to my knowledge get paid to write or discuss storm and her abilities. Yet our passion for the character alerts us to when things are written in contradictory or inconsistent ways. If we are aware of this and we are not getting paid there simply is no excuse for xwriters on a payroll. All the good things that you like about the book doesnt justify subpar writing of a character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-06-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm was so weak in Marvelous X-men today. I didnt like it. She couldnt contain the smoke and Nature Girl of all people had to school her. Pathetic
    it was absolute garbage but it isnt 616 storm so they can do whatever they want to do with it. I'm thinking its drizzle which would explain why she went with the whole bald look.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was absolute garbage but it isnt 616 storm so they can do whatever they want to do with it. I'm thinking its drizzle which would explain why she went with the whole bald look.
    Drizzle, I like that nickname...LOL

1. I guess if you interpret it like that one could argue such a point; however, my issue is that you didnt see of the other characters having issue using their abilities. Did Colossus Express being exhausted after turning into his armored form and lifting a tree? How about nature girl recieving all the thoughts of the plants and animals? Did jean express having headaches or being mentally exhausted after putting up her tk shields? The "weaknesses" only seemed to apply to Ororo and grossly so.

2. Saying Ororo can feel cold is a big change to the functionality of her abilities. It would be akin to saying Jean got headaches anytime she used her powers. People would have gripes about that. The fact that these characters have such long history of established canon is the exact reason why things like this should not be understandable.

3. What you seem little I believe others perceive it as big and it is because as you mentioned the long history of the characters. I dont think people want or intend to be disrespectful but no of us to my knowledge get paid to write or discuss storm and her abilities. Yet our passion for the character alerts us to when things are written in contradictory or inconsistent ways. If we are aware of this and we are not getting paid there simply is no excuse for xwriters on a payroll. All the good things that you like about the book doesnt justify subpar writing of a character.
    Honestly, I don't mind her being the only one showing struggle with her powers, because her powers are easily (besides Nate) the most powerful and broad of them. She doesn't have to create big rains/storms in this world, because as said, there is no need for that. Even then, she was able to show she could do a lot. When most X-men were running around doing small tasks, she was there keeping the rain and controlling the wind and the fire. Even when the kids were safe, she is in the background controlling the fire. She did a lot, even though she struggled. Showing weakness and need for help doesn't take the substancial importance she had in the rescue. She probably did the most (again, besides Nate, but he is the big wierdo around, so that's expected).

Drizzle, I like that nickname...LOL

I wish I could take credit for the name but this character is s real thing:

the woman in age of x is drizzle posing as storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind her being the only one showing struggle with her powers, because her powers are easily (besides Nate) the most powerful and broad of them. She doesn't have to create big rains/storms in this world, because as said, there is no need for that. Even then, she was able to show she could do a lot. When most X-men were running around doing small tasks, she was there keeping the rain and controlling the wind and the fire. Even when the kids were safe, she is in the background controlling the fire. She did a lot, even though she struggled. Showing weakness and need for help doesn't take the substancial importance she had in the rescue. She probably did the most (again, besides Nate, but he is the big wierdo around, so that's expected).

well I'm glad ur enjoying seeing drizzle in action. if all the characters were consistently being shown as more weak I would think you had a point but seeing this is not the case I find it hard to see anything redeemable about her characterization. the only silver lining is that it is an alternate universe.

I think you both make good points. I can see what Weather is saying about the writers highlighting that the X-men are rusty bc they dont have as much experience with combat in this world, but Im with Butterflykyss in that they leaned for too into that to get their message across. It could have been more subtle without making them out to be pure amateurs

BANNED

I say Nate is like prohibiting them from using their powers. Like Inhibitor Collars that, just me.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I say Nate is like prohibiting them from using their powers. Like Inhibitor Collars that, just me.
    i'm betting this will never be said anywhere on the panel but i hope i'm wrong.

I think you both make good points. I can see what Weather is saying about the writers highlighting that the X-men are rusty bc they dont have as much experience with combat in this world, but Im with Butterflykyss in that they leaned for too into that to get their message across. It could have been more subtle without making them out to be pure amateurs
    i don't even mind that she was made to look like an amateur. If that is the message that he is somehow making them all weaker let it be consistently shown. I don't think any of the characters were shown that to the level Drizzle was.

i don't even mind that she was made to look like an amateur. If that is the message that he is somehow making them all weaker let it be consistently shown. I don't think any of the characters were shown that to the level Drizzle was.
    Oh my stars. Here I am trying to sneak and read on here while at work and almost got busted from my laughter at you calling her "Drizzle".

I havent picked up my copy yet so I'll give me take later when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Oh my stars. Here I am trying to sneak and read on here while at work and almost got busted from my laughter at you calling her "Drizzle".

I havent picked up my copy yet so I'll give me take later when I get home.
    lolol my bad boo. I wouldnt not have even posted today but all this justifying of what I would call shotty writing was too much for me to ignore.

and please let me know your thoughts when u can. I would love to know what your perceptions are of drizzle.

I haven't read the issue, but from I can tell by you all's posts, Nate might've deliberately weakened Storm because she's probably one of the biggest threats if not THE biggest. I suspect Jean and Magneto might have problems later down the line.

Let me go read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I think Nate is suppressing their power. Reading the story Nate was really doing everything like EVERYTHING. Helping Storm and then Magneto and then Jean etc. I think he's the reason they are not operating to their actual powers.

I mean It's not that hard to contain a fire when she has done so before, but of course what do I know i'm not a expert on Storm.
    Clearly Nate set this up so he is the main hero. Still it was beyond ridiculous Storm cannot put out a forest fire or deal with smoke. God they need to beat the crap out of Nate when they realize what is going on. Yes, in Nate's fake reality her name should be drizzle or breeze. In this world Jean is in her green Marvel Girl outfit because this is before Phoenix, and before Jean had the memories of her young self with the pink energy form. I want the X-Men to find out, and for mama Jean to spank the crap out of Nate, and after she's done auntie Ororo gives him another beat down.