Page 437 of 578 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 8661
  1. #6541
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Thank you for the greetings.

  2. #6542
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Didnt Storm also defeat Electro?

  3. #6543
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    LOL....Magneto is more powerful and more skilled than Storm? Do you know what Electromagnetism is? Storm can do the same things that Magneto can do with his powers because they both share the same primary energy source.
    Last edited by pollymars; 10-13-2019 at 10:07 AM.

  4. #6544
    Spectacular Member STORM1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    Thank you for the greetings.
    Welcome. Fairly lively chat, especially since Hickman’s relaunch.

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    Didnt Storm also defeat Electro?
    I don’t think they’ve fought on panel. She did fight and defeat another electrokinetic named Blitzkrieg.

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    LOL....Magneto is more powerful and more skilled than Storm? Do you know what Electromagnetism is? Storm can do the same things that Magneto can do with his powers because they both share the same primary energy source.
    I think it’s an interesting comparison. Overall power and skill I think they are fairly equal. Storm is skillful in manipulating EM energy but I do think Magneto is stronger in that specific category. He’s done more impressive applications of that element than anyone else who can also wield it.

  5. #6545
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    The analogy doesn’t quite work in this instance. We’ve seen Storm act as both the missile and the sniper. We’ve seen her move continental sized blizzards and she can grab stray oxygen molecules. We’ve seen her send a rogue wave crashing towards a deserted Genosha, she moved an X-jet from the ocean floor without tearing it apart and grab stay hydrogen molecules. We know she could have shorted out the New York subway system in her solo if she was careless, but she can also split water molecules via electrolysis without electrocuting herself and her team in X-treme. Lol she created whole faces inside of clouds and she recently did the same thing with water HOX.

    Just to reiterate, we’ve seen Ororo act as both the missile and the sniper in regards to air manipulation. We’ve also seen her act as the missile and the sniper in regards to her water manipulation. Her immunity to electricity speaks volumes about her absolute control in that domain, not to mention we’ve seen her act as both the sniper and the missile in that regard as well. We’ve only now just begun to realize her potential when it comes her power and how it’s applied solely to magnetic fields. When we talk about it that those terms the entire comparison to Magneto is a straw man. We’re not even comparing apples to oranges in this case. We’re comparing the produce section to entire grocery market and the farm. Magneto is a magnetism specialist. And he has years of experience and finesse at his disposal. We are just beginning to see the upper limits of her magnetic abilities. People are losing sight of that. Instead of acknowledging her power in regards to air, water, electricity and then apply that understanding to her magnetic abilities, we are expected to believe that Magneto is on a higher tier than she is and it just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
    well when you put it like that honey you make a great point. I would agree definitely she is both the sniper and bomb when it comes to the other elemental forces she has controlled but magneto at this point she demonstrated he is far more skilled than ororo. I would agree however based upon her abilities in other areas she should be as skilled as magneto if not more so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #6546
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    Thank you for the greetings.
    hi beloved and welcome! hope to see more of you here

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    Didnt Storm also defeat Electro?
    no I don't think so

    Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    LOL....Magneto is more powerful and more skilled than Storm? Do you know what Electromagnetism is? Storm can do the same things that Magneto can do with his powers because they both share the same primary energy source.
    this is in theory true but we have never seen her control electromagnetic forces to the degree magneto has.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #6547

    Default

    Storm's powers definitely allow for magnetic field manipulation that would allow her to do anything that Magneto has done. It is more a matter of the writers desire to keep their power sets separate(whereas her power should subsume his entirely with extra stuff on the side), and moreso, a matter of, classically, Magneto being a team-level threat, and Storm just being a team member(if not leader). All of Claremont's classic battles between them spelled out in plain English she was more powerful than him, she was just holding back because she didn't want to kill him.

    All thunderstorms[in real life] produce powerful, giant, magnetic fields. Storm has opened the magnetosphere of the earth to invite in solar radiation. She has used EM force to create lava channels and magnetic vortexes. She was able to erase a digital camera's memory card while not destroying the entire camera itself(a very good example of her 'sniper' capacity). She can go down to the electron level(which makes her a sub-atomic level manipulator) at the small scale, and galactic/dimensional at the grand scale. This is all in the canon.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-13-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  8. #6548
    Futurist Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,563

    Default

    As far as Storm's powers and abilities go, in all actuality she's top 15 if not top 10 of Earth based heroes. I think we canal agree with that.

    The problem has always been consistency and when writers tend to give characters a feat and then no one ever follows up and it's never done again.

    Storm has done some impressive things and then she has been written have problems with minor threats. Just too much inconsistency at times.

    And I'm not sure that Storm should be out in the field on minor missions. With her power levels, she should only go up against threat levels that require the top guns(same as some of the other mutants).

  9. #6549
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    I don’t think they’ve fought on panel. She did fight and defeat another electrokinetic named Blitzkrieg.
    You're referring to the old comic, right? Thank you for responding to my question.


    Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    I think it’s an interesting comparison. Overall power and skill I think they are fairly equal. Storm is skillful in manipulating EM energy but I do think Magneto is stronger in that specific category. He’s done more impressive applications of that element than anyone else who can also wield it.
    Just because we've seen him do a lot more with Electromagnetism doesn't make him "stronger" than Storm. Regardless of how "skillful" Magneto is they both have electrokinetic abilities, they've both done impressive feats, and they both have direct control over the Earth EM Field and EM Spectrum. Hence, as a discipline (skill), neither does anything better than the other. Or is stronger than the other.

    The fact that they are portrayed differently inside comic books is solely decided by the writers and most of them don't understand physics. Theoretically speaking, they both should be able to do the same thing. It is electromagnetism after all. But let's not forget why writers have to write Storm down. It's because she's too powerful.
    Last edited by pollymars; 10-13-2019 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Error correction

  10. #6550

    Default

    Really they should just separate the teams more according to powerlevels, so that each book has characters in the same bracket, so to speak. Put Kitty and Wolverine and Cyclops together with Beast and Gambit or whatever. Put Iceman and Jean and Storm on a team with Magneto and Exodus or whatever. Let the street levelers fight ninjas and gun-toting humans, let the Omegas shape worlds and fight Heralds.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #6551
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hi beloved and welcome! hope to see more of you here.
    Thank you. I'm also on Comic vine too and I think I've seen you there.


    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no I don't think so
    I mistook him for someone else who was also an electrokinetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is in theory true but we have never seen her control electromagnetic forces to the degree magneto has.
    Like I told @Strom1977 The decisions are up to the writers and what they want from her. But just because we've seen him do a lot more with Electromagnetism doesn't make him "stronger" than Storm.
    Last edited by pollymars; 10-13-2019 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Corrections

  12. #6552
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's powers definitely allow for magnetic field manipulation that would allow her to do anything that Magneto has done. It is more a matter of the writers desire to keep their power sets separate(whereas her power should subsume his entirely with extra stuff on the side), and moreso, a matter of, classically, Magneto being a team-level threat, and Storm just being a team member(if not leader). All of Claremont's classic battles between them spelled out in plain English she was more powerful than him, she was just holding back because she didn't want to kill him.

    All thunderstorms[in real life] produce powerful, giant, magnetic fields. Storm has opened the magnetosphere of the earth to invite in solar radiation. She has used EM force to create lava channels and magnetic vortexes. She was able to erase a digital camera's memory card while not destroying the entire camera itself(a very good example of her 'sniper' capacity). She can go down to the electron level(which makes her a sub-atomic level manipulator) at the small scale, and galactic/dimensional at the grand scale. This is all in the canon.
    I LOVE THIS POST. You're DEFINITELY right on point And I totally agree. I only recall once where Strom created an electromagnetic field to attract some knives Calisto threw at her.
    Attachment 88228
    Last edited by pollymars; 10-13-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Error correction

  13. #6553
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Really they should just separate the teams more according to powerlevels, so that each book has characters in the same bracket, so to speak. Put Kitty and Wolverine and Cyclops together with Beast and Gambit or whatever. Put Iceman and Jean and Storm on a team with Magneto and Exodus or whatever. Let the street levelers fight ninjas and gun-toting humans, let the Omegas shape worlds and fight Heralds.
    Lol...your sarcasm is on point!!!
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  14. #6554

    Default

    I was having a discussion with someone about her ability to manipulate the EM spectrum and basically have the capability to do everything Magneto can so it's good to get more incite, they where even saying it's a baseless assumption. Since I dont have enough personal knowledge on that area I was wondering if my thinking didn't completely connect until now, but then again they've also looked at all the evidence of her being a Goddess and at best thinks it has something to do with her mystical capabilities without being a true one.

  15. #6555
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,946

    Default

    And this whole conversation is why I ask which power of Storm's power is Omega.

    If I remember correctly one power is what makes a mutant Omega. Saying Storm's Weather Manipulation is Omega is cool but there's a shit load of stuff that happens when creating storm.

    Pluz, She shown that certain parts of her weather manipulation has limits.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-13-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •