Page 439 of 662 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pollymars View Post
    I never knew about this. What happened in the next pannel?
    gladiator reemerges from the ground but thought it was a skrull it had knowledge of abilities ororo wasnt aware she could do at the time. wouldnt it be nice to see this as opposed to lightning spammed all the time?

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg!!! so she has canonically used electromagnetism to attract metal. when I look at the writer though it was Claremont who fully understands her abilities. thanks for sharing
    Hopefully they have her do more with magnetism. Storm's bad ass

All-New Member

Wow, Nightcrawler versus Spider-Man?? That's interesting. Who won?

Hopefully they have her do more with magnetism. Storm's bad ass

she truly is. have you been reading black psnther?

Wow, Nightcrawler versus Spider-Man?? That's interesting. Who won?
    the f4 ended up winning lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

All-New Member

she truly is. have you been reading black psnther?
    Unfortunately, I haven't. Because comic books are expensive to get here in Hawai'i. So I get most of my info from comic sites and Storm updates from groups on Facebook. I love this character. Her and Psylocke are my faves

Unfortunately, I haven't. Because comic books are expensive to get here in Hawai'i. So I get most of my info from comic sites and Storm updates from groups on Facebook. I love this character. Her and Psylocke are my faves
    oh I see. do you know she is a goddess a real one? this all happened in BP.

BANNED

well when you put it like that honey you make a great point. I would agree definitely she is both the sniper and bomb when it comes to the other elemental forces she has controlled but magneto at this point she demonstrated he is far more skilled than ororo. I would agree however based upon her abilities in other areas she should be as skilled as magneto if not more so.
    I can’t disagree with this at all. I would never try and take his iconic status away from him. He’s the big bad most known for going up against the X-men. He should be Uber powerful. Personally, I believe he is to Ororo what Xavier is to Jean Grey. Xavier and Magneto are both in heir own lanes because of the skill, experience and finesse they possess. Hey way that Ororo and Jean’s power ultimate manifests puts them both on a tier that far exceeds what Magneto and Charles are able to do without a boost to their power. Storm should be able to theoretically pull off every feat that Magneto has pulled, and the same holds true for Jean in comparison to Xavier. It’s not throwing either men under the bus by acknowledging that the women’s mutation manifested itself in way that improved upon their mentors. It just is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's powers definitely allow for magnetic field manipulation that would allow her to do anything that Magneto has done. It is more a matter of the writers desire to keep their power sets separate(whereas her power should subsume his entirely with extra stuff on the side), and moreso, a matter of, classically, Magneto being a team-level threat, and Storm just being a team member(if not leader). All of Claremont's classic battles between them spelled out in plain English she was more powerful than him, she was just holding back because she didn't want to kill him.

All thunderstorms[in real life] produce powerful, giant, magnetic fields. Storm has opened the magnetosphere of the earth to invite in solar radiation. She has used EM force to create lava channels and magnetic vortexes. She was able to erase a digital camera's memory card while not destroying the entire camera itself(a very good example of her 'sniper' capacity). She can go down to the electron level(which makes her a sub-atomic level manipulator) at the small scale, and galactic/dimensional at the grand scale. This is all in the canon.
    This. Exactly this post! Bless you. Bless you until the end of your days.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I can’t disagree with this at all. I would never try and take his iconic status away from him. He’s the big bad most known for going up against the X-men. He should be Uber powerful. Personally, I believe he is to Ororo what Xavier is to Jean Grey. Xavier and Magneto are both in heir own lanes because of the skill, experience and finesse they possess. Hey way that Ororo and Jean’s power ultimate manifests puts them both on a tier that far exceeds what Magneto and Charles are able to do without a boost to their power. Storm should be able to theoretically pull off every feat that Magneto has pulled, and the same holds true for Jean in comparison to Xavier. It’s not throwing either men under the bus by acknowledging that the women’s mutation manifested itself in way that improved upon their mentors. It just is what it is.

This. Exactly this post! Bless you. Bless you until the end of your days.
    no I totally agree here. did you see the scans where she used a form of magnetism to attract the blades that callisto threw at her? I dont think I can recall any instances where she has done this before.

BANNED

no I totally agree here. did you see the scans where she used a form of magnetism to attract the blades that callisto threw at her? I dont think I can recall any instances where she has done this before.
    I did. It proves I still have some reading to do as it pertains to the Hadari Yao. It’s clear Claremont was foreshadowing Storm usurping both Magneto and Polaris as the premiere magnetic manipulator. Do you mean to tell me that Storm couldn’t create a field around herself like a geomagnetic reversal and send all metal flying away from her? Claremont seems to believe that she absolutely could. I’m inclined to believe him much more than I am fans that get their jollies by minimizing the power she wields. Now I want her to start using nothing but magnetic fields in Black Panther. Coates is good for feeding Hadari Yao’s fans the feats they require.

All-New Member

oh I see. do you know she is a goddess a real one? this all happened in BP.
    This is why I became a member on here and comicvine. Because I need to be updated and informed about these things

BANNED

That makes two of us. Welcome, my friend. May the Bright Lady shine upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I did. It proves I still have some reading to do as it pertains to the Hadari Yao. It’s clear Claremont was foreshadowing Storm usurping both Magneto and Polaris as the premiere magnetic manipulator. Do you mean to tell me that Storm couldn’t create a field around herself like a geomagnetic reversal and send all metal flying away from her? Claremont seems to believe that she absolutely could. I’m inclined to believe him much more than I am fans that get their jollies by minimizing the power she wields. Now I want her to start using nothing but magnetic fields in Black Panther. Coates is good for feeding Hadari Yao’s fans the feats they require.
    oooohhh I'm loving everything about this post. I would agree Claremont was definitely trying to introduce to the masses just how versatile of a character she is. i cant believe I'm just realizing this. and seeing that Claremont fully understands her power and knew her control went beyond weather manipulation I wholeheartedly trust him as you stated above any particular fandom including storms. I would cream if that is all she used however i think marvel want to simplify her arsenal. this is why we always see her described as a weather manipulator instead of a woman who controls the energies and natural forces that result in weather phenomenon.

This is why I became a member on here and comicvine. Because I need to be updated and informed about these things
    oh well again welcome and I hope to see more of you here. i would highly recommend you get black psnther. you know you can also get digital copies of the comics even through marvel app.

so oan... what are we hoping to see from storm on Wednesday in xmen? I'm not opposed to her being more militaristic but I want to see her also have fun and not be so gloom and doom. we get to see a bit more of personality in coates book too beyond just a need to fight and win.

wait a minute. did she actually attract the blades or did she wind to block them?? how its drawn makes it difficult to tell.
    Agreed. Though, the third panel does look like she making an energy field to gather the blades. So this is up for debate.
    Attachment 88254
    Some of us wait, some of us act.