Page 44 of 662 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I haven't read the issue, but from I can tell by you all's posts, Nate might've deliberately weakened Storm because she's probably one of the biggest threats if not THE biggest. I suspect Jean and Magneto might have problems later down the line.

Let me go read.
    you know maybe you are on to something. perhaps after goddess ororo punked him this is his way of getting back at her. I guess time will tell.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Clearly Nate set this up so he is the main hero. Still it was beyond ridiculous Storm cannot put out a forest fire or deal with smoke. God they need to beat the crap out of Nate when they realize what is going on. Yes, in Nate's fake reality her name should be drizzle or breeze. In this world Jean is in her green Marvel Girl outfit because this is before Phoenix, and before Jean had the memories of her young self with the pink energy form. I want the X-Men to find out, and for mama Jean to spank the crap out of Nate, and after she's done auntie Ororo gives him another beat down.
    if this isnt actually drizzle aka breeze, aka sprinkles, aka sunny with a 10% chance of showers then I hope ororo unleashes her full fury on this play god.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I know Ororo is "immune" to temperature variations. But the way she said it in this issue, I interpreted as a post traumatic effort. Like when you use a muscle beyond what you are used to, that you feel weaker, feel pain... or in this case cold. It's not the kind of thing that was set in stone for me.

And even if she just felt cold because of the rain. These characters are so old, have so much history, I personally think it is understandable if somethings change over the years between writers or if they don't know everything. It's not like this is something that changes who Storm is or her function in the story.

I think it is very disrespectful that people call this shitty writing because of a little detail, even though the writers created a cool concept and are using all the characters for something. It really feels like a team book, and we only had 2 issues total (with so many characters). Issue 3 has Storm and Erik discussing in the cover, so we can expect some focus on them there. If she is bad used there (or before), I sure will complain about her characterization, but we don't need to be unfair.
    Oh please. Shitty writing is shitty writing, no matter how much you try to justify it in your mind. No one has to accept it or should have to read between the lines, and if "creators/writers" fail to do their homework then that is their bad. They took the job but chose to half-ass it without performing sufficient research then they should own the criticism. And people can expend their energy hating fandoms all they like lol. For that $3.99, whether Storm is unleashing hell or getting her ass kicked, what matters to me is good characterization and good PIS/WIS/CIS free storytelling.

Someone posted this link in the other topic. About Storm it is said:

"Once, Storm was worshiped like a goddess. But it’s hard to be a god in someone else’s world. Storm’s weather powers remain, and yet she seems less powerful than before. That may be intentional. At full strength, Storm’s powers and will are truly indomitable. Not even the Shadow King was able to break her. If anyone can free themselves from X-Man’s influence, it just might be her."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=63310396

So it seems like Nate is messing with the powerful mutants as well. I wonder if this means Ororo will have an important role in defeating him in the end.
    Last edited by Weather; 02-07-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol my bad boo. I wouldnt not have even posted today but all this justifying of what I would call shotty writing was too much for me to ignore.

and please let me know your thoughts when u can. I would love to know what your perceptions are of drizzle.
    Honestly my take on the issue is that Nate has them in his "reality" where they experience his world and he experiences theirs. It was very obvious that he had to be the one to make the feats (saving the airplane and saving the pods). His conversation with Laura confirmed my suspicion that this reality is about him being the hero, God, etc.

Now the first time I read the panel with them sitting on the couch watching the news of them saving the day, my interpretation was of them feeling excited and whatnot because they did something and made the news (like we would if we did something and was watching ourselves on the news) and her referring to being "cold" wasn't literal but that she was numb about finally saving the day again after not having to for so long. I interpreted it that way from the whole conversation and what everyone was saying and the from the page before.

Reading it again, I do feel the writer could have used another word instead of "cold" as I can see it is being taken literally by a lot of ppl on here (which is understandable). Knowing that this is Nate's reality and going back to the convo with Laura, he's definitely wiped a lot from them and not just memories. They shouldn't be sitting on the couch with an adrenaline rush like they never saved anything before.

"Once, Storm was worshiped like a goddess. But it’s hard to be a god in someone else’s world. Storm’s weather powers remain, and yet she seems less powerful than before. That may be intentional. At full strength, Storm’s powers and will are truly indomitable. Not even the Shadow King was able to break her. If anyone can free themselves from X-Man’s influence, it just might be her."

So it seems like Nate is messing with the powerful mutants as well. I wonder if this means Ororo will have an important role in defeating him in the end.
    its encouraging to see this but marvel tends to do this a lot with her. they say she is one of the strongest mutants all the time but we rarely get to see this. it would be nice that we get to see how indomitable her will is against such a threat. but as others, as well as you I believe, have stated she seems to be weaker by Nate greys design. so I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Honestly my take on the issue is that Nate has them in his "reality" where they experience his world and he experiences theirs. It was very obvious that he had to be the one to make the feats (saving the airplane and saving the pods). His conversation with Laura confirmed my suspicion that this reality is about him being the hero, God, etc.

Now the first time I read the panel with them sitting on the couch watching the news of them saving the day, my interpretation was of them feeling excited and whatnot because they did something and made the news (like we would if we did something and was watching ourselves on the news) and her referring to being "cold" wasn't literal but that she was numb about finally saving the day again after not having to for so long. I interpreted it that way from the whole conversation and what everyone was saying and the from the page before.

Reading it again, I do feel the writer could have used another word instead of "cold" as I can see it is being taken literally by a lot of ppl on here (which is understandable). Knowing that this is Nate's reality and going back to the convo with Laura, he's definitely wiped a lot from them and not just memories. They shouldn't be sitting on the couch with an adrenaline rush like they never saved anything before.
    thanks for your insight beloved. I dont have as much of a distaste for the story as indie considering the write up weather posted. I will see what comes of this.

BANNED

Not gonna lie Ororo gave me Abatar Aang vibes when she was summoning that rain I was holleringgggg

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    Not gonna lie Ororo gave me Abatar Aang vibes when she was summoning that rain I was holleringgggg
    she definitely is serving airbender realness.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its encouraging to see this but marvel tends to do this a lot with her. they say she is one of the strongest mutants all the time but we rarely get to see this. it would be nice that we get to see how indomitable her will is against such a threat. but as others, as well as you I believe, have stated she seems to be weaker by Nate greys design. so I stand corrected.

thanks for your insight beloved. I dont have as much of a distaste for the story as indie considering the write up weather posted. I will see what comes of this.
    No problem. We'll just have to wait and see what comes. I have my fingers crossed they'll do Ororo some justice in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    No problem. We'll just have to wait and see what comes. I have my fingers crossed they'll do Ororo some justice in this story.
    yes indeed. seeing that marvel article has me hopeful ororo will break free from his hold and wreck ish all the way up.

you know something really small that I would like to see that I havent read in a long time? I would love to see the writers demonstrate how she sees the world as patterns of energy. this detail was something that christ Claremont a lot about and I miss reading those details in the story when she uses her power.

BANNED

So, I was right. Nate is the CSU’s wor her being less powerful. Ok, I can deal with it. But still no excuse to just only crap on Storm though.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    So, I was right. Nate is the CSU’s wor her being less powerful. Ok, I can deal with it. But still no excuse to just only crap on Storm though.
    I dont mind it if its within the context she poses the biggest threat. but no reading between the lines bull. this needs to be explicitly stated as such with a statement saying Nate nerfed her so badly because she posed the greatest chance of destroying the facade he had created.

Yeah I figured this. Mutants like Storm, Jean, Magneto, Psylocke, and others would give Nate problems if they are aware of what's going on. How Storm will play into it, remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    so, i was right. Nate is the csu’s wor her being less powerful. Ok, i can deal with it. But still no excuse to just only crap on storm though.
    csu???????

BANNED

I mean to say: *reason for*

I was typing fast didn’t realize I put that. Thanks