Page 464 of 638 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 9560
  1. #6946
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think there is a difference between a powerful mutant with no actual divine attributes being worshipped as an actual God versus what we are seeing with ororo. her gift of godhead was something passed to her from her ancestors.

    exactly. that is the difference.
    They may have reached godhood through different means but that doesn't change that Poccy was worshipped as a god, same as Storm was in her first appearance.

    Go back and read X-Factor #24. Apocalypse was worshipped as a god in many countries in many eras.

  2. #6947
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It could be the gift of godhood by blood that makes the difference. Like a demi god becoming a god because there are enough people acknowledging them as such. But at the end of the day one thing is sure, if a writer wants to they will make it work. Good or bad. lol
    I think that's exactly what Storm is. A Demi God.

    Maybe that's why she is able to use Worship and prayers, but at the same time I think she doesn't need it.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  3. #6948
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They may have reached godhood through different means but that doesn't change that Poccy was worshipped as a god, same as Storm was in her first appearance.

    Go back and read X-Factor #24. Apocalypse was worshipped as a god in many countries in many eras.
    Kim Jong-un is worshipped as a God but he isnt a real one. That's the point I'm making. Yes Apocalypse may have been worshipped as one but that doesnt grant hom the abilities that come with true divinity.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #6949
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Kim Jong-un is worshipped as a God but he isnt a real one. That's the point I'm making. Yes Apocalypse may have been worshipped as one but that doesnt grant hom the abilities that come with true divinity.
    As much as we'd like to believe otherwise, Kim Jong Un isn't a comicbook character. He's real unlike the comicbook characters we are discussing who status is at the whim of whatever writer comes along.

    And how can you be sure that Apocalypse doesn't have divinity? What proof is there? The proof I stated is that he was worshipped as a god by many cultures. It's been stated in this very thread that Storm was worshipped as a god in Kenya. But until Coates came along, no one was certain she had true divinity. If we're saying that it's now canon, why is there skepticism where Apocalypse is concerned where it was stated?

    A possible answer maybe that Apocalypse no longer cares for human worship like other gods have come to terms with. He views humans as lesser beings and is more interested in the evolution of mutants. But that doesn't mean that he never had or doesn't have the power of a god.

  5. #6950
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Kim Jong-un is worshipped as a God but he isnt a real one. That's the point I'm making. Yes Apocalypse may have been worshipped as one but that doesnt grant hom the abilities that come with true divinity.
    That's actually a good question. Seeing that Apocalypse, Storm and Selene were all worshipped as gods. Did they also gain extra power from their worshippers? That could be an intresting story.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  6. #6951
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That's actually a good question. Seeing that Apocalypse, Storm and Selene were all worshipped as gods. Did they also gain extra power from their worshippers? That could be an intresting story.
    the only other God that was a mutant that I'm aware of is Siryn. I am not sure if that is still the case but I'm pretty sure apocalypse nor selene have been shown capable of manipulating divine energy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #6952
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    As much as we'd like to believe otherwise, Kim Jong Un isn't a comicbook character. He's real unlike the comicbook characters we are discussing who status is at the whim of whatever writer comes along.

    And how can you be sure that Apocalypse doesn't have divinity? What proof is there? The proof I stated is that he was worshipped as a god by many cultures. It's been stated in this very thread that Storm was worshipped as a god in Kenya. But until Coates came along, no one was certain she had true divinity. If we're saying that it's now canon, why is there skepticism where Apocalypse is concerned where it was stated?

    A possible answer maybe that Apocalypse no longer cares for human worship like other gods have come to terms with. He views humans as lesser beings and is more interested in the evolution of mutants. But that doesn't mean that he never had or doesn't have the power of a god.
    1. I understand he is not a comic character however the example still holds true. People can worship something or someone because it possesses power (in the case of Kim its because he is a ruler of a nation, with apocalypse his powers are his mutant abilities) but it does not make them literally a divine being

    2. How do I know apocalypse isnt a true God? I would present to you the the same things that were told to Storm fans over the years even after Coates demonstrated this on panel. So I will repeat some of those things: it hasn't been stated on panel, he is only a mutant, he isn't omega level, his parents are human and are not gods, etc). I find it interesting that before this reveal with Ororo, Storm fans were called fanboys and delusional and all sorts of vile things for believing she was a goddess even after Black Panther, and now its possible that that other mutants are now gods simply for being called one for their power. Well I havent read the information book yet but I think there are a few things that requires one to be q god: a true God. You have to be able to convert worship energy into power that makes you invulnerable and achieve immeasurable strength. In the case of Ororo its temporary but there is no evidence that this has ever been true for Apocalypse. To your point about the God Ororo worshipped she is the Bright Lady who is believed to be Osthur. She was even shown in one of the older issues of uncanny and she looked very similar to ororo, not apocalypse:



    edit: ignore the stuff about the bright lady I read your post wrong my bad lol.


    I have not seen anything canonical that states apocalypse as being a real God, but only the first mutant or one of the oldest mutants. Anything else is pure speculation, just as it was with Storm fans it to it was canonized. Please be aware if Marvel makes Apocalypse a real God or magneto or all mutants that's their prerogative. But it has be told in xbooks by multiple writers for it to be true canon. To date there are only two mutants that are also real gods: Siyrn being the first and Storm. Any other character stated being as such that is mutant is pure speculation.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-21-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #6953
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. I understand he is not a comic character however the example still holds true. People can worship something or someone because it possesses power (in the case of Kim its because he is a ruler of a nation, with apocalypse his powers are his mutant abilities) but it does not make them literally a divine being

    2. How do I know apocalypse isnt a true God? I would present to you the the same things that were told to Storm fans over the years even after Coates demonstrated this on panel. So I will repeat some of those things: it hasn't been stated on panel, he is only a mutant, he isn't omega level, his parents are human and are not gods, etc). I find it interesting that before this reveal with Ororo, Storm fans were called fanboys and delusional and all sorts of vile things for believing she was a goddess even after Black Panther, and now its possible that that other mutants are now gods simply for being called one for their power. Well I havent read the information book yet but I think there are a few things that requires one to be q god: a true God. You have to be able to convert worship energy into power that makes you invulnerable and achieve immeasurable strength. In the case of Ororo its temporary but there is no evidence that this has ever been true for Apocalypse. To your point about the God Ororo worshipped she is the Bright Lady who is believed to be Osthur. She was even shown in one of the older issues of uncanny and she looked very similar to ororo, not apocalypse:



    edit: ignore the stuff about the bright lady I read your post wrong my bad lol.


    I have not seen anything canonical that states apocalypse as being a real God, but only the first mutant or one of the oldest mutants. Anything else is pure speculation, just as it was with Storm fans it to it was canonized. Please be aware if Marvel makes Apocalypse a real God or magneto or all mutants that's their prerogative. But it has be told in xbooks by multiple writers for it to be true canon. To date there are only two mutants that are also real gods: Siyrn being the first and Storm. Any other character stated being as such that is mutant is pure speculation.
    C'mon my friend, you are goal-post moving here.

    Again, Apocalypse was stated to be a god in X-Factor #24. It doesn't have to be stated in multiple books by multiple writers for it to be written as canon.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-21-2019 at 04:27 PM.

  9. #6954
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    C'mon my friend, you are goal-post moving here.

    Again, Apocalypse was stated to be a god in X-Factor #24. It doesn't have to be stated in multiple books by multiple writers for it to be written as canon.
    and in the same issue before saying he was worshipped as a God he tells the xfactor team he is a mutant just as they are:



    it goes back to the point I was making which was he was worshipped as a God solely because of his immense mutant power. he understood the limitations of humans understanding and the reality of what he - as well as the other xmen - truly were which was simply mutants. that's different from the times ororo has been hinted as something more than mutant. and I have three instances throughout her mythos that support that claim not including coates work.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-21-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #6955
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    51

    Default

    finally picked up my figurines! IDK why the image is showing upside down. I uploaded it from my laptop.
    https://twitter.com/juZZjoEJOe/statu...976192/photo/1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by metalclouds; 10-21-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: picture is showing upside down

  11. #6956
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think there is a difference between a powerful mutant with no actual divine attributes being worshipped as an actual God versus what we are seeing with ororo. her gift of godhead was something passed to her from her ancestors.
    Celestials are space gods. Apocalypse inherited their technology, which can be viewed as divine power. Storm inherited it from her ancestors. Is there much of a difference?




  12. #6957
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    What does being a god means?
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  13. #6958
    Incredible Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    What does being a god means?
    Up to the individual.

  14. #6959
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Up to the individual.
    No really, unless you get a in-universe (setting) definition it really means nothing....
    It's funny because when I saw her behind on the glass at the end of the show, I thought, "That's where she needs to be. In captivity. Behind a glass in a lab somewhere that she can be studied like the psychotic specimen she is."

  15. #6960
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    finally picked up my figurines! IDK why the image is showing upside down. I uploaded it from my laptop.
    https://twitter.com/juZZjoEJOe/statu...976192/photo/1
    omg I'm so jealous!!! I love it!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •