Page 468 of 662 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Storm's like "I dont f--k with her!"
    I loved it!! the single best thing about this issue for me!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Marauders #1 was decent but the rationale for including Storm feels pretty flimsy. She’s part of the ruling council. Considering how many mutants are around, she really shouldn’t be running around on the high seas when she has a nation to run. We’ll see how Duggan handles her, but she feels a bit token here as she so often does. I want a Storm with a strong point of view and clear personal objectives. Too often she just floats around with no real reason for being wherever she ends up.
    JEan is a telepath and Kurt is a teleporter, both share the summer council with her. It's not that hard to keep her up to date on what is going on. Also Storm actively seeking out mutants to help lines up with her running herself ragged in issue 1of x-men. I don't think her point of view could have been made any clearer in this new world of X-lore. I just can't see Storm sitting on her hands in Krakoa when there is so much to be done.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-23-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    JEan is a telepath and Kurt is a teleporter, both share the summer council with her. It's not that hard to keep her up to date on what is going on. Also Storm actively seeking out mutants to help lines up with her running herself ragged in issue 1. I don't think her point of view could have been made any clearer in this new world of X-lore. I just can't see Storm sitting on her hands in Krakoa when there is so much to be done.
    actually it also goes to her point of view in hox 6 that is mutants shouldnt just be restricted to krakoa. ororo wanting to take an active role in ensuring the safe passage of mutants who cant go through the gate I can see her getting behind.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

JEan is a telepath and Kurt is a teleporter, both share the summer council with her. It's not that hard to keep her up to date on what is going on. Also Storm actively seeking out mutants to help lines up with her running herself ragged in issue 1. I don't think her point of view could have been made any clearer in this new world of X-lore. I just can't see Storm sitting on her hands in Krakoa when there is so much to be done.
    She shouldn’t be sitting on her hands. She’s a former world leader and a true diplomat. She should be running the nation and developing foreign policy, and she should be stepping out and stepping up when **** hits the fan. She’s one of Krakoa’s greatest assets. Playing cheerleader to Kitty was waste of the character in Gold, and I’m not loving what I’m seeing here. It’s early, though, so Duggan has time to convince me.

BANNED

How is she sitting on her hands?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Was also very in keeping with Ororo's mission statement in X-Men #1.
    I got that sense too that Ororo went on "council business" to get the intel on what the Russians were doing to mutants who tried to get through the portal. Since Ororo can use the portal system it's going to make a lot sense that she will appear on X-Men regularly too because she can get back to the island instantly whereas Kate has to take the ship to get around. This first issue focused on Kate to set her status quo, and honestly Ororo got some status quo building in House of X and X-Men #1, whereas Kate just appeared here in Marauders #1. Even Emma is mostly a peripheral character to Kate, Emma gives us dialogue to help us understand the current status quo of the Hellfire Trading Company and what Emma hopes that Kate will do as a member of the inner circle and help mutants get to Krakoa when the portal system cannot be used.

It was such a fun book though, and there was this sense of family between Kate, Ororo, and Bobby that was fun and vibrant. Even Pyro was a fun character and you can see how he will fit on to the team quite easily.

I really want to know more about Bishop's mission, he's on a secret mission and it just made me intrigued to find out more about what he is investigating.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    actually it also goes to her point of view in hox 6 that is mutants shouldnt just be restricted to krakoa. ororo wanting to take an active role in ensuring the safe passage of mutants who cant go through the gate I can see her getting behind.
    Exactly and it also leaves her open to be in multiple books as well. This team can literally be anywhere and her being able to fly and there being portals mean Storm can literally be anywhere. She is literally at this point the face of mutants in that respect. No other mutant in the world can move as fast or freely as she can and girl has a lot of responsibiities. I now need a gate in the Wakandian palace though that is Ororo and Tchalla secret. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

JEan is a telepath and Kurt is a teleporter, both share the summer council with her. It's not that hard to keep her up to date on what is going on. Also Storm actively seeking out mutants to help lines up with her running herself ragged in issue 1of x-men. I don't think her point of view could have been made any clearer in this new world of X-lore. I just can't see Storm sitting on her hands in Krakoa when there is so much to be done.
    Umm, why can't Storm put a portal on the ship? Just because Kate can't use it, doesn't mean Storm can't!

Plus, I agree with you that she isn't sitting on her hands. This issue continues Storm's story from X-Men #1, she went with Kate and Bobby to find out what the Russians were doing to mutants, obviously so she can report back at the next council meeting.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

She shouldn’t be sitting on her hands. She’s a former world leader and a true diplomat. She should be running the nation and developing foreign policy, and she should be stepping out and stepping up when **** hits the fan. She’s one of Krakoa’s greatest assets. Playing cheerleader to Kitty was waste of the character in Gold, and I’m not loving what I’m seeing here. It’s early, though, so Duggan has time to convince me.
    But why run a nation that already has 11 other people to over see the day to day. How could Ororo in good conscious sit back in a place where the mutants are obviously already at peace and having the time of their life when there are an untold amount of mutants suffering on the outside world. That doesn't sound like an ororo i can get behind. This woman is a force of a nature and needs to roam free.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I guess my question would be how do we knoe she isnt also doing the things you mentioned ? Remember xmen world apart? The title ended with her saying she can essentially do it all. Her playing an active role in saving mutants while also doing the business required by being on the council dont seem mutually exclusive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Umm, why can't Storm put a portal on the ship? Just because Kate can't use it, doesn't mean Storm can't!

Plus, I agree with you that she isn't sitting on her hands. This issue continues Storm's story from X-Men #1, she went with Kate and Bobby to find out what the Russians were doing to mutants, obviously so she can report back at the next council meeting.
    Exactly. that was my first though, putting a portal on the ship. But then this Ship is temporary as we saw the one Emma is building and there is no doubt in my mind Emma plans on putting a portal in that ship. The current boat is the one she stole.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I am still holding out hope the new ship is the refitted Conquistador from Carey's run.

BANNED

The Book wasn’t that bad. In fact pretty Good.

Even though Kitty was the focus for this particular issue, it was shockingly we’ll balanced(which I already knew reading Duggans work). I read this issue twice and I didn’t sense any Gold coming from this Title. The Dialogue was a hit n miss in some areas but I really liked it. Storm was particularly well written. She even manipulated the water currents to sail the Boat LOL.

I love Icemans Jokes “I’d like to meet these Top Men” that’s so me. And Pyro was pretty cool. Gerry Duggan made me actually like Kitty and Pyro and Bishop.

Not Bad if an issue. Not Bad at All.

BANNED

But why run a nation that already has 11 other people to over see the day to day. How could Ororo in good conscious sit back in a place where the mutants are obviously already at peace and having the time of their life when there are an untold amount of mutants suffering on the outside world. That doesn't sound like an ororo i can get behind. This woman is a force of a nature and needs to roam free.
    You keep using terminology that suggests I want her lounging around with a martini her hand. I want to see her carrying out her mission in a strategic way. She should be negotiating treaties and securing safe passage through diplomatic channels.

I guess my question would be how do we knoe she isnt also doing the things you mentioned ? Remember xmen world apart? The title ended with her saying she can essentially do it all. Her playing an active role in saving mutants while also doing the business required by being on the council dont seem mutually exclusive to me.
    We don’t know, but I’d much rather see that than see her playing Kitty’s little helper yet again.

I just read the book and can I say it was NOTHING like Gold.

Spoilers ahead:

1. Kitty was freaking badass it was actually pretty cool to see her written like this.
    2. Ororo creating the massive wave to propel the ship along: AMAZING!!!
    3. Ororo being on the team to support Kate made sense unlike her reasons for being in gold.
    4. The best part of the issue was her telling Kate that she doesnt F@CK with Emma!!!!! Ororo finally not falling for her bull!

Great issue!!
    Exactly. Storm being on a team to support Kitty in a leadership position can make sense under the right circumstances but Guggs never made it make sense in Gold