Page 469 of 662 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 9921
  1. #7021
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    You keep using terminology that suggests I want her lounging around with a martini her hand. I want to see her carrying out her mission in a strategic way. She should be negotiating treaties and securing safe passage through diplomatic channels.


    We don’t know, but I’d much rather see that than see her playing Kitty’s little helper yet again.
    Sounds boring to me. I'm sure that sounds boring to Storm. She already told Tchalla she was no Queen. Please tell me what book we would actually see Storm on the phone being diplomatic. Because i can't imagine that selling well at all. This is her mission being carried out in a strategic way. Her misson is to make sure every mutant who wants to get to Krakoa can. Is she suppose to do that over the phone? I'd much rather see Storm out adventuring than seeing her on the phone trying to be diplomatic but that's just me. To each their own.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  2. #7022
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly and it also leaves her open to be in multiple books as well. This team can literally be anywhere and her being able to fly and there being portals mean Storm can literally be anywhere. She is literally at this point the face of mutants in that respect. No other mutant in the world can move as fast or freely as she can and girl has a lot of responsibiities. I now need a gate in the Wakandian palace though that is Ororo and Tchalla secret. lol.
    yes to all of this! I dont know ororos specific sign but I would imagine her to be an aur sign. she doesnt like yo be boxed in and prefers to be in the skies; completely free. so her wanting to be out in the wild helping mutants seems only right.

    and I would die if that happened lololol. it takes me back to Hickman having them secretly sexing before the universe ended lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #7023
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sounds boring to me. I'm sure that sounds boring to Storm. She already told Tchalla she was no Queen. Please tell me what book we would actually see Storm on the phone being diplomatic. Because i can't imagine that selling well at all. This is her mission being carried out in a strategic way. Her misson is to make sure every mutant who wants to get to Krakoa can. Is she suppose to do that over the phone? I'd much rather see Storm out adventuring than seeing her on the phone trying to be diplomatic but that's just me. To each their own.
    Who said anything about a phone? Please stop attributing these absurd suggestions to me. Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse are attending an economic summit in upcoming issues. I’m sure there will be action involved and the story will move along. Why shouldn’t Storm be included in those kinds of plot lines when she’s literally one of two former world leaders on Krakoa?

  4. #7024
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    You keep using terminology that suggests I want her lounging around with a martini her hand. I want to see her carrying out her mission in a strategic way. She should be negotiating treaties and securing safe passage through diplomatic channels.


    We don’t know, but I’d much rather see that than see her playing Kitty’s little helper yet again.
    I think that's fair. I dint think there is any issue in wanting to see her leading her own path so I cant argue against that. I just think the idea of her wanting to help her kitten makes sense. ororo cant say no to her when her kitten needs her and I'm sure kitty very much understands that dynamic if their relationship.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #7025
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Who said anything about a phone? Please stop attributing these absurd suggestions to me. Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse are attending an economic summit in upcoming issues. I’m sure there will be action involved and the story will move along. Why shouldn’t Storm be included in those kinds of plot lines when she’s literally one of two former world leaders on Krakoa?
    Why are you assuming she won't be? And i'm not attributing anything because you didn't say anything. You didn't give any real examples on exactly what you want Ororo to do. Why can't she be in multiple books, why would you want to have her in one less book when it's already been shown she can appear in others as well?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  6. #7026
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Why are you assuming she won't be? And i'm not attributing anything because you didn't say anything. You didn't give any real examples on exactly what you want Ororo to do. Why can't she be in multiple books, why would you want to have her in one less book when it's already been shown she can appear in others as well?
    I never said I didn’t want her in this book. You’re at it again with the misattributions. Geez, I didn’t realize the Storm thread would feel like Republican Twitter. I would rather see her having a hand in the politics than just playing mammy to Kitty yet again. That’s all. I’m not ranting or railing against the book or anyone who enjoys seeing her cast as the mammy again. By all means, enjoy it. I’ll just be hoping for more and bigger, and Duggan may yet deliver. He just didn’t do it this issue.

  7. #7027
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly. Storm being on a team to support Kitty in a leadership position can make sense under the right circumstances but Guggs never made it make sense in Gold
    agreed! ororo sulking about having to go to war and then relinquishing the responsibility to kitty just didnt work and would never work for me
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #7028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I am still holding out hope the new ship is the refitted Conquistador from Carey's run.
    It totally fits. I hope the ship is epic,

    I can see Ororo side eyeing the pirate theme and Kitty's costume, "Whatever makes you happy Kitten!" and then just going about her normal council business. Ororo was definitely not impressed with the name Kitty blurted out, I hope they have a further conversation about it. Although, Kate could make a good case for claiming that name for their own side and turning it into a challenge against anyone else who thinks they can use that name. Like putting the original Marauders on notice that if they show up anywhere hurting mutants then the new Marauders are going to floor stomp them.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

  9. #7029
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Exactly. Storm being on a team to support Kitty in a leadership position can make sense under the right circumstances but Guggs never made it make sense in Gold
    That was the main problem. Nothing in Gold made sense
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  10. #7030
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I never said I didn’t want her in this book. You’re at it again with the misattributions. Geez, I didn’t realize the Storm thread would feel like Republican Twitter. I would rather see her having a hand in the politics than just playing mammy to Kitty yet again. That’s all. I’m not ranting or railing against the book or anyone who enjoys seeing her cast as the mammy again. By all means, enjoy it. I’ll just be hoping for more and bigger, and Duggan may yet deliver. He just didn’t do it this issue.
    I know the feeling. Especially people who say one thing and claim they meant another.

    Your very first point was ororo reason for being on this team seemed flimsy. Then you said she shouldn't be out on the open seas when she has a nation to run when this book isn't about running a nation it's about being on the open seas and saving lives. So perhaps you should reread what you yourself wrote and see what implications a normal thinking person will pull from it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  11. #7031
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I never said I didn’t want her in this book. You’re at it again with the misattributions. Geez, I didn’t realize the Storm thread would feel like Republican Twitter. I would rather see her having a hand in the politics than just playing mammy to Kitty yet again. That’s all. I’m not ranting or railing against the book or anyone who enjoys seeing her cast as the mammy again. By all means, enjoy it. I’ll just be hoping for more and bigger, and Duggan may yet deliver. He just didn’t do it this issue.
    And to top it off you claim you want a storm with a clear point of view but in fact you want a storm with your point of view because her point of view is very clear in this and in X-men #1. She wants to save mutant kind and get those being oppressed to a place where they can be safe.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  12. #7032
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I know the feeling. Especially people who say one thing and claim they meant another.

    Your very first point was ororo reason for being on this team seemed flimsy. Then you said she shouldn't be out on the open seas when she has a nation to run when this book isn't about running a nation it's about being on the open seas and saving lives. So perhaps you should reread what you yourself wrote and see what implications a normal thinking person will pull from it.
    Perhaps you just need to broaden your understanding of the possibilities of this book. Emma will play a big role without playing pirate. Frankly, Storm passing the buck in her refusal to deal Emma was another flimsy cop out I didn’t care for. She doesn’t need be captain of the ship, but Storm should be working with Emma who is in charge of trade policy for Krakoa. Trade and diplomacy go hand-in-hand, and they’re both on the council. That’s what I was hoping for. I want the geopolitics more than seeing Storm shoot lightning at random human bigot #34678.

  13. #7033
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,688

    Default

    The last issue of Fearless came out and Storm was fine. My only problem is that I thought she was written a bit too otherworldly.

    She acted more like an alien from another planet or something.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  14. #7034
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And to top it off you claim you want a storm with a clear point of view but in fact you want a storm with your point of view because her point of view is very clear in this and in X-men #1. She wants to save mutant kind and get those being oppressed to a place where they can be safe.
    And I want her to do that like a boss. I want her playing at the table with Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse. I just can’t muster up excitement for her babysitting Kitty.

  15. #7035
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Jwatson, you’re aggressively punching down here. I’ve been a lurker in the past, and I’m really surprised to see you treat someone so poorly. Is it just because I’m new to posting, or did I truly say something to piss you off? I’m at a loss for your behavior. It seems really disproportionate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •