Page 472 of 662 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    LOL at the Emma shade! I love me some Frosty, and I don’t like the idea that Storm would refuse to deal with her. I’m happy for Storm to have her stank face on while she does it, but mama is High Priestess of Krakoa and the X-Men’s OG diplomat. Sure, leaving Kitty with the headache of running the operations of a giant ship is totally legit, but the headache of cooperating with Emma shouldn’t be left to the little kitten.
    lolol but my question is do you understand why ororo would shade ms. frosty?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

The beautiful thing about this first issue is how they all flex in their own ways. It was awesome. I agree to disagree on issues of overlap with Pyro. She control solar wind. Fire shouldn't be beyond her scope. All in all I think this series crazy potential. I need to see Emma and Ororo on a page to get a better understanding of why she feels the way she does about Emma. I really hope Duggan has really taken into account all the times Storm has let her guard down around Emma, only to have it bite her in the ass.
    Storm and Emma have a long complicated history but if we are sticking to most recent years, Emma has flip flopped on the X-men so many times that Storm simply cant trust her. She manipulated Storm in IvX and instigated a war with the Inhumans. She enslaved mutants in Secret Empire, including several X-men whom she used as her own personal attack dogs. She allied herself with the likes of Ms. Sinister and Bastion and unleashed Mothervine on the world which became a global catastrophe. She played the X-men in X-men Black. In Uncanny, she sold out mutantkind to protect herself and she manipulated the X-men into doing her dirty work, not to mention erased the memories of mutantkind from the world. Storm has every reason not to trust her and doesnt want to give Emma another chance at making her look like a fool. Lets also not forget all the digs and shady insults Emma used to hurl at her when they were teammates. She was a bitch to Storm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol but my question is do you understand why ororo would shade ms. frosty?
    Of course I do. I registered yesterday but that’s not when I started reading.

Of course I do. I registered yesterday but that’s not when I started reading.
    ok I just wanted to make sure. one poster said they didnt understand why ororo would have issue working with Emma I thought you may have been in that same boat.

oh and welcome again beloved.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm and Emma have a long complicated history but if we are sticking to most recent years, Emma has flip flopped on the X-men so many times that Storm simply cant trust her. She manipulated Storm in IvX and instigated a war with the Inhumans. She enslaved mutants in Secret Empire, including several X-men whom she used as her own personal attack dogs. She allied herself with the likes of Ms. Sinister and Bastion and unleashed Mothervine on the world which became a global catastrophe. She played the X-men in X-men Black. In Uncanny, she sold out mutantkind to protect herself and she manipulated the X-men into doing her dirty work, not to mention erased the memories of mutantkind from the world. Storm has every reason not to trust her and doesnt want to give Emma another chance at making her look like a fool. Lets also not forget all the digs and shady insults Emma used to hurl at her when they were teammates. She was a bitch to Storm
    Exactly...

BANNED

ok I just wanted to make sure. one poster said they didnt understand why ororo would have issue working with Emma I thought you may have been in that same boat.

oh and welcome again beloved.
    Thank you! Understood. Storm has more reason than anyone to dislike Emma, but that’s part of why I want to see them cooperating. So. Much. Tension. I love it.

I totally understand that. I kinda got those vibes from Red as well. That's crazy because there wasn't much potential for overlap like there is here in Marauders. As a whole I enjoyed Red for what it was. Marauders didn't disappoint me at all. Storm was able to shine in her own way while Bobby and Pyro got to be awesome. If Duggan can keep this up then I'll be a happy customer.

I ultimately agree with you and jwatson. There's always room for improvement, but I enjoyed the first issue. Duggan needs to come with it. The little beats that he hit with our girl were nice. I love that Storm is a dedicated woman that overworks herself for the ones she loves. It also makes me sad for her too. There's a lot to work with here tho. I like to think that Storm is asserting herself by choosing how she interacts with Emma. She already holds a place of rank that Emma cannot contend with, so I'm not really concerned with the positions they hold on this team. I'm all for her flexing her authority tho.

The beautiful thing about this first issue is how they all flex in their own ways. It was awesome. I agree to disagree on issues of overlap with Pyro. She control solar wind. Fire shouldn't be beyond her scope. All in all I think this series crazy potential. I need to see Emma and Ororo on a page to get a better understanding of why she feels the way she does about Emma. I really hope Duggan has really taken into account all the times Storm has let her guard down around Emma, only to have it bite her in the ass.
    red was so meh to me. and you are right there wasnt much overlap but I recall one scene where Jean, proto, and nehzno needed to escape from searebro and I was hoping we would see her do something similar that she did in her solo when she travelled under the ocean. however, nope she sat there helpless as Jean floated them all to safety. and dont get me started on her being hurt by her own lightning or not having the will power to overcome the nanites. it was a hell no for me.

baby you are really preaching today!!! ok!!!

Emma wasnt exactly the nicest person to her

Emma wasnt exactly the nicest person to her
    why do you think Emma has so much animosity towards her?

BANNED

I absolutely agree with you. Every single word of this is true. But for me, personally, I NEED for Ororo and Emma to have a conversation about these things. When I first heard about this cast I was over the moon because I foresaw this type of dynamic between these two in particular. I want to see the woman that expresses her opinion no matter who likes it. Not everything or everyone deserves a response, but certainly does. This is a new status quo. Relationships are different, because the state of mutant affairs is different. I just want greater definition to their working relationship.

BANNED

Because Storm naturally has what Emma has had to lie, steal, and pay for. She doesn’t see the orphan who had to fight for everything. She sees the goddess born with looks and charisma and power.

jealousy? Storm is loved and respected among the X-men and the others at the time largely tolerated her bc of Scott. You had other women openly disrespecting her like Kitty, Rachel and Psylocke, all of whom are close to Storm. Storm was also Jean's best friend and she knows she did wrong which added to the tension between them. Emma felt like an outsider and I think her shade was her own defense mechanism

I absolutely agree with you. Every single word of this is true. But for me, personally, I NEED for Ororo and Emma to have a conversation about these things. When I first heard about this cast I was over the moon because I foresaw this type of dynamic between these two in particular. I want to see the woman that expresses her opinion no matter who likes it. Not everything or everyone deserves a response, but certainly does. This is a new status quo. Relationships are different, because the state of mutant affairs is different. I just want greater definition to their working relationship.
    that's why I think ororo is fed up for the very reason you mentioned. ororo has tried to have a working relationship with her and each time she gets burned. xmen black and ivx being the most recent examples of this. how many times should ororo trust her or even simply work with her only to come out looking like a fool?

me personally I was happy ororo made it clear she is there for kitten but isnt there for Emma's foolishness.

Thank you! Understood. Storm has more reason than anyone to dislike Emma, but that’s part of why I want to see them cooperating. So. Much. Tension. I love it.
    yea the tension between these two is going to make this book soooo good I think. it should be interesting to see it play out.