Page 477 of 662 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    not to mention there are black mutants. So what if a black mutant was there to overhear exactly what kitty said if we are to take the fact that mutie is suppose to be a derogatory word. So would a mutant that is black be able to call her out on it or are they expected to be okay with it. That in a way shows white mutant privilege.
    this point you made had me thinking would kitty had said the same thing if ororo was there to hear her? im most certain she would not approve. nevertheless I wish the intersectionality with being black and mutant was explored more. we got a little taste of this in bp&c but there is so much more that could be explored.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-23-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree with this.
    Not disputing that it was used for shock value but...
    Claremont through Kitty was making a valid point...not so much comparing how the two minorites are treated (by today's standards, pretty much the same) but the intent behind the words when they are used and by whom there are used.
    She wasn't calling him a ******...she asked if he was one. That's a big difference.
    Bearing in mind...this is taking the minority "analogy" you all love to embrace and applying it to the real world (which you all love to do) and by this time Kitty saw Storm, an obviously Black woman, as her surrogate mother of her surrogate family.
    Today...the word could be switched out for "faggot" and the message of that panel would still resonate as true.
    Sigh, my blackness wants to reply but I feel a ban in my future.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this point you made had me thinking would kitty had said the same thing if ororo was there to hear her? and I wish the intersectionality with being black and mutant was explored more. we got a little taste of this in bp&c but there is so much more that could be explored.
    I don't think she would have because it would have made her have to think about it at that point and that's why claremont made sure to have no minority mutants around when it went down because then he would have had to put kitty to the fire. Because what Kitty actually did was make herself feel better when she was offended by using a word that would surely offend black mutants who have to deal with a suffering on both sides. No one knows kitty is a mutant unless she shows them but there are black mutants who were called that word before and after their powers ever manifested. Proably even a combination of the two.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Dude i ain't touching that ****. lol. Alot of trigger words and finger pointing in that post.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. Although, sometimes applying real world issue into comics can be a good thing......Sometimes.

And you are a brave soul to spell out and type those bad words lol. I never actually type those words out. You brave Man you LOL
    Indeed...sometimes.
    I'm a Black Gay Man living in the Caribbean (which is nowhere as seemingly progressive as the US)...so...not that brave.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    But i will say he is ignoring the minority within the minority and leave it at that. also the "you" isn't a good look, instantly makes me think of the word coon people use.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Dude i ain't touching that ****. lol. Alot of trigger words and finger pointing in that post.
    This is not a debate...nor even a discussion...you said your piece, he said his piece, I said mine...the end. Please, keep the riteous indignation and offence for those to whom they're necessary.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

an interesting article from our beloved friend over at thegeekiary. he brought up some points I thought were interesting and wanted to share here. I think I have a rationale for this primarily that ororo doesnt wish to tap into this ability until its absolutely necessary. moreover it isn't clear she can go goddess mode on her own consciously just yet.

https://thegeekiary.com/marauders-is...-goddess/72455
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This is not a debate...nor even a discussion...you said your piece, he said his piece, I said mine...the end. Please, keep the riteous indignation and offence for those to whom they're necessary.
    For that post it would be you, but it's not worth it so please don't try to police my posts. okay, thanks. You said what you said i said what i said it is what it is.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But i will say he is ignoring the minority within the minority and leave it at that. also the "you" isn't a good look, instantly makes me think of the word coon people use.

I don't think she would have because it would have made her have to think about it at that point and that's why claremont made sure to have no minority mutants around when it went down because then he would have had to put kitty to the fire. Because what Kitty actually did was make herself feel better when she was offended by using a word that would surely offend black mutants who have to deal with a suffering on both sides. No one knows kitty is a mutant unless she shows them but there are black mutants who were called that word before and after their powers ever manifested. Proably even a combination of the two.
    see this is exactly my point. if kitty was aware how inflammatory that word was and would have thought twice about using it if storm or another black mutant was there then it shows she knew exactly what she was doing when she did what she did.

and your last point about her being able mask her blackness whereas black folk can hide their color, in the case of Kate, is another reason why she was just completely out of line with her response.

BANNED

Indeed...sometimes.
    I'm a Black Gay Man living in the Caribbean (which is nowhere as seemingly progressive as the US)...so...not that brave.
    HEY!!! I am Too, but I was born in the states.

Jamaincan American!!!

Lol it's not even going there. I'm not about to argue a keyboard warrior.

But about that article the writer makes a bit of assumptions and also as you said we haven't seen her consciously control her goddess mode yet.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

why do you think Emma has so much animosity towards her?
    Because Ororo is actually royal by birth and marriage. Emma is aristocratic old money, but she's not royal. Even her title as White Queen was more pretension than fact(even if she was still very powerful in that position, it is not real royalty). Ororo is an actual goddess-queen, and is as good as that implies. Emma is jealous of her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    HEY!!! I am Too, but I was born in the states.

Jamaincan American!!!

I didnt know you were jamaican boo?!?