Page 478 of 662 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    see this is exactly my point. if kitty was aware how inflammatory that word was and would have thought twice about using it if storm or another black mutant was there then it shows she knew exactly what she was doing when she did what she did.

and your last point about her being able mask her blackness whereas black folk can hide their color, in the case of Kate, is another reason why she was just completely out of line with her response.
    A child can know something is bad and not to do it in front of adults they know but it doesn't mean they truly understand the real meaning behind it other than it can hurt people.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've been here in CBR long enough to recognise...
    When you all (general term) use the "real world" comparisons to justify whatever point is being made...see any HoX/PoX discussion.
    And
    When you all (again, generally speaking) hold fast and true to the Civil Rights/Minority analogy.
    So...
    Do carry on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Because Ororo is actually royal by birth and marriage. Emma is aristocratic old money, but she's not royal. Even her title as White Queen was more pretension than fact(even if she was still very powerful in that position, it is not real royalty). Ororo is an actual goddess-queen, and is as good as that implies. Emma is jealous of her.
    hey boo!!! you been Mia again!!! what did you think of the issue todsy?

and also that seems to be the consensus that she is jealous. it's so funny because ororo could care less about those things. but as I asked others do you think racism plays a part in it in anyway?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    HEY!!! I am Too, but I was born in the states.

Jamaincan American!!!

Bless Up, mih bredren.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    A child can know something is bad and not to do it in front of adults they know but it doesn't mean they truly understand the real meaning behind it other than it can hurt people.
    true but in kittys case who by the way let's not forget she was a genius as a kid knew that those words would trigger some negative response from.that guy. she wasnt naive to what she was doing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's nice to see other members of Caribbean descent.

its sue storm with a haircut cosplaying captain marvel while bending light to change the color of her hair and skin ??
    Don't bring Sue into that.... mess....
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-23-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I didnt know you were jamaican boo?!?
    My Father was Born in Jamaica then moved to the States at 8yr Old. And Grew Up in Brooklyn New York.
    My Mother was Born in SF, California.

I have 3 Brothers and 1 Sister on My Dad Side and they are from Brooklyn NY.

I have 2 Brothers on my Mom Side and they are from Oakland, California.

I'm from Wackass Sacramento, California

My Family is extremely mixed
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-23-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    have you guys ever attempted a list of the periodic table elements storm should be able to control?
    Given her ability to manipulate electrons directly, she should be able to control all of them through electromagnetism, which is a fundamental force. She should even be able to transmute elements. Alchemists often speak of turning mercury into gold by supplying electricity, modulating the ionisation energies sufficiently to shift(they are next to each other on the periodic table). In this way, Storm should be able to take hydrogen ions and shift it all the way up to anything else, and probably even take denser elements and 'sublimate' them back down the table towards lighter elements. This would truly make her 'mistress of the elements' and could tie into her magical maternal roots, and/or her godhead/goddess nature.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I feel like I should say something as this was written like 30 years ago...but atleast...let the **** storm fly. Lol
    Yes, 30 years ago, true, but writers knew it wasn't right even then. That's the eighties, not the 1700s.

My Father was Born in Jamaica then moved to the States at 8yr Old. And Grew Up in Brooklyn New York.

I'm from Wackass California Sacramento.
    My Family is a mixed
    My dad was born in Jamaica and moved to the states as an adult. Met and married my mom who moved from SC to CT and then after he bought our house sent for his first 3 kids from his first marriage. Unfortunately my oldest brother got sent back to Jamaica for breaking the law but my two sisters are still here. He says his mom had 20 kids and died when he was in 2nd grade, his father died when he was 6 and he had to get a job at 7 to help support his family.

Jamericans rule! lol. But now i really know not to get into it with you. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My dad was born in Jamaica and moved to the states as an adult. Met and married my mom who moved from SC to CT and then after he bought our house sent for his first 3 kids from his first marriage. Unfortunately my oldest brother got sent back to Jamaica for breaking the law but my two sisters are still here. He says his mom had 20 kids and died when he was in 2nd grade, his father died when he was 6 and he had to get a job at 7 to help support his family.

Jamericans rule! lol. But now i really know not to get into it with you. lol
    Yes, Jamaicans do RULE!!!!

Not to get into it with me?? What you mean by that? I'm really nice my Oldest Brother is the *******....

I'm from Wackass Sacramento, California

My Family is extremely mixed
    that's so awesome!! thanks for sharing that made me like you a while lot more than I already did. it seems you have been exposed to a lot of different cultures as well!

hey boo!!! you been Mia again!!! what did you think of the issue todsy?

and also that seems to be the consensus that she is jealous. it's so funny because ororo could care less about those things. but as I asked others do you think racism plays a part in it in anyway?
    I don't think so, because Emma was also jealous of Jean too. I think she doesn't like powerfull nd successful women, but not a racist. The way she dealt with Scarlet Witch tho

Given her ability to manipulate electrons directly, she should be able to control all of them through electromagnetism, which is a fundamental force. She should even be able to transmute elements. Alchemists often speak of turning mercury into gold by supplying electricity, modulating the ionisation energies sufficiently to shift(they are next to each other on the periodic table). In this way, Storm should be able to take hydrogen ions and shift it all the way up to anything else, and probably even take denser elements and 'sublimate' them back down the table towards lighter elements. This would truly make her 'mistress of the elements' and could tie into her magical maternal roots, and/or her godhead/goddess nature.
    Wouldnt she need to control strong nuclear forces to trasmute elements? Neutrons and protons are not held together by em fields but by another fundamental force
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I love all of this. you said the same thing about her being able to control the elements by way of the electrons.