Page 482 of 662 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm sounding like a damn diversity cliche at this point but my main problem with bendis was his x-run had like NO diversity. Almost none. But i see he checked himself at DC with Namoi. But in general i did like his run.
    To be fair he created a few PoC children in his Uncanny run. His X-men trainees included Goldballs (latino), Triage (black), Hijack (asian), not to menion Morph (LGBT) and Iceman in ANX

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I disagree. I think everything hit the fan after House of M.
    Bendis didnt write the X-books until years after HoM. The actual event was a decent read. I thought his Uncanny and All New X-men were both good books. Uncanny got boring towards the end with that Malloy arc but I blame editorial and the mess they made derailing stuff for Secret Wars
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so much Bendis hate but I gotta defend him. I liked House of M and prior the current era, I think the last time the X-books were interesting as a whole was when he was spearheading the line. The X-books went downhill when he left
    I'm gonna say I agree, I liked Blue and Red, but they were fillers for Hickman. Bendis X-men still had top artists, it had direction until bendis forgot it
    But house of M was a Byrn wanda meltdown repeat

BANNED

I had many issues with Bendis at Marvel, and his X-run, but one thing he didn't do was have a str8 white team on Uncanny. He introduced several new mutants of color and utilized LGBT characters too (Morph).

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I had many issues with Bendis at Marvel, and his X-run, but one thing he didn't do was have a str8 white team on Uncanny. He introduced several new mutants of color and utilized LGBT characters too (Morph).
    creating minority and lgbt characters and using them in a prominent role are two different things but that is jmo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I think he kept them pretty central and active in that run. Did I think their personalities were well-defined or differentiated? No, but that's typical Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think he kept them pretty central and active in that run. Did I think their personalities were well-defined or differentiated? No, but that's typical Bendis.
    I will have to go back and reread. I can't remember any of them having their own story or a story that was about them or anything meaningful to be honest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    majority of people i see saying the N word are black. Now i'm not sure if it is ok for black people use it
    stop right there

nobody but us gets to decide what we say or not say

already got enough policing as is
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 10-23-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Storm and Emma have a long complicated history but if we are sticking to most recent years, Emma has flip flopped on the X-men so many times that Storm simply cant trust her. She manipulated Storm in IvX and instigated a war with the Inhumans. She enslaved mutants in Secret Empire, including several X-men whom she used as her own personal attack dogs. She allied herself with the likes of Ms. Sinister and Bastion and unleashed Mothervine on the world which became a global catastrophe. She played the X-men in X-men Black. In Uncanny, she sold out mutantkind to protect herself and she manipulated the X-men into doing her dirty work, not to mention erased the memories of mutantkind from the world. Storm has every reason not to trust her and doesnt want to give Emma another chance at making her look like a fool. Lets also not forget all the digs and shady insults Emma used to hurl at her when they were teammates. She was a bitch to Storm
    I'll add that she is somewhat responsible for her marriage ending. She lied to Namor sending him to Wakanda. Maybe that was her intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'll add that she is somewhat responsible for her marriage ending. She lied to Namor sending him to Wakanda. Maybe that was her intent.
    Really? I had no idea she played a role in that. I wouldnt be surprised if that was her intent bc alot of the digs she threw at Storm had to do with her marriage and being a queen

Really? I had no idea she played a role in that. I wouldnt be surprised if that was her intent bc alot of the digs she threw at Storm had to do with her marriage and being a queen

BANNED

MARAUDERS #5 & #6
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MATTEO LOLLI (A) • CoverS by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN AUG198991
    ISSUE #5 – DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY TONY DANIEL AUG198992
    ISSUE #6 – DARK PHOENIX SAGA 40TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY FRANK CHO
    THE BATTLE OF MADRIPOOR!
    The Marauders are caught between the forces of Madripoor and the Black King’s machinations! Thankfully, they have TWO Omega Level mutants onboard…
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

Awww snap!! Storm and Iceman are about to do some Damage!!! I love it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I completely forgot about this but I thought hope was in wakanda, was she not?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Attachment 88662

This one was really fun to do.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Attachment 88662

This one was really fun to do.
    That's really good. You've captured the detail on the face really well.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    That's really good. You've captured the detail on the face really well.
    Thanks, appreciate it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.