Page 491 of 662 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s not like no one wants there to be “conflict”, it’s just that fans understandably don’t want to see two warrior women like Storm and Nakia getting into a fist fight over a man. That doesn’t look good for them, the Black Panther mythos which pushes strong female characters, or the story being told. Wakanda is in the midst of an attack by an intergalactic shadow of itself, so the much more compelling story is to show how these two (yea black) women work together to help the king despite their mutual feelings for him.

It’s more than possible to convey the emotional turmoil between these two characters in a way that doesn’t devolve into them punching each other. And I do think that in an age where social media and pop culture tends to glorify women cancelling each other and degrading themselves over men, that it’d be nice to see Storm and Nakia at least try to act professional as they help save the kingdom. So I can’t speak for others but that’s why I’m not interested in seeing them fight. That and the fact I’d rather Coates not draw out the romance subplot and just got off the book lol
    True true, but I live for that petty drama

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Well, this is the question. From what's been shown, the answer is yes. I'm not a fan of love triangle stories, so I hope that's not where Coates is going with this. If T'Challa is unsure at all that Ororo is the woman he wants to be with then he should step away from Ororo because being with her while also uncertain that she has his whole heart wouldn't be fair or kind to her. The fact that he seemed to have told Ororo something about his feelings for Nakia, although we don't know exactly what he said, is a good sign that he believe she deserved to know the truth, which she does. We could assume, based on last issue and them still obviously together that whatever T'Challa told Ororo about himself and Nakia didn't result in Ororo walking away from him and their relationship. Last issue seemed to have picked up the next day or two after T'Challa's return. Meaning, he didn't wait to tell Ororo about Nakia. Like I said, I'm more interested in that conversation. I really hope it is shown. Actually, I didn't care for the cut between Ororo and T'Challa coming face-to-face after his long absence and the post-coital panel on the next page. I would like to think that, before he had sex with Ororo, that they sat down and had a nice long chat about many things, including Nakia.
    Totally agree. To use ororo in any manner would be selfish and ororo doesnt deserve considering all she has done for tchalla. and I agree with your point about wanting to see the conversation better her and tchalla about his fondness or love for nakia. as you said, it seems like ororo is aware of his feelings for her but I would want to see her response and reaction. I know there were some who didnt like the sex panel but for me it showed the intensity and passion they shared for one another. nothing else mattered on that moment aside from sharing each other in the most intimate way.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s not like no one wants there to be “conflict”, it’s just that fans understandably don’t want to see two warrior women like Storm and Nakia getting into a fist fight over a man. That doesn’t look good for them, the Black Panther mythos which pushes strong female characters, or the story being told. Wakanda is in the midst of an attack by an intergalactic shadow of itself, so the much more compelling story is to show how these two (yea black) women work together to help the king despite their mutual feelings for him.

It’s more than possible to convey the emotional turmoil between these two characters in a way that doesn’t devolve into them punching each other. And I do think that in an age where social media and pop culture tends to glorify women cancelling each other and degrading themselves over men, that it’d be nice to see Storm and Nakia at least try to act professional as they help save the kingdom. So I can’t speak for others but that’s why I’m not interested in seeing them fight. That and the fact I’d rather Coates not draw out the romance subplot and just got off the book lol
    These are pretty much my feelings. Only his messages of black love are not lost on me and I welcome his stay for as long as he desires. I just thinks it’s really telling that in one breath he can write scenes where Bast as a black woman championed her followers and got them seek a point of solidarity, but the logical interpersonal conflicts of two women vying for the attention of one man is the molehill that many are willing to die on. This is the problem, but Bast as a black goddess inspiring love and devotion from her people isn’t given the attention it deserves. Black love and understanding seems to fall by the wayside.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    These are pretty much my feelings. Only his messages of black love are not lost on me and I welcome his stay for as long as he desires. I just thinks it’s really telling that in one breath he can write scenes where Bast as a black woman championed her followers and got them seek a point of solidarity, but the logical interpersonal conflicts of two women vying for the attention of one man is the molehill that many are willing to die on. This is the problem, but Bast as a black goddess inspiring love and devotion from her people isn’t given the attention it deserves. Black love and understanding seems to fall by the wayside.
    you are really preaching today! how are we missing all the black live he has shown throughout both black panther/the crew and conclude as such with nakia and storm. as you eloquently pointed out these conflicts are based upon proximity and the one common thing these woman had was a love for tchalla. this conflict was inevitable.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you are really preaching today! how are we missing all the black live he has shown throughout both black panther/the crew and conclude as such with nakia and storm. as you eloquently pointed out these conflicts are based upon proximity and the one common thing these woman had was a love for tchalla. this conflict was inevitable.
    I agree. This conflict between these women are a natural progression of the story. We all have different relationships that nurture different aspects of our personalities. It’s the very reason T’Challa has the feelings he does for both women. They speak to different aspects of his kingly nature. Storm rescued a little Wakandan girl from the Originators that kidnapped her. Since then she’s returned to her home to check on her and console the girls father. In the framing of that narrative we see an Ororo that builds a connection with a girl that’s been separated from her parents (not unlike herself) and does everything in her power to reunite them. The funny thing is Preist wrote a similar Storm. Coates has now given us a Storm that shows love to this little girl because of the little black girl inside herself and she’s quelled the fears of a parent that thought their greatest fear had come to life. She saw herself and her parents in that scenario, but that doesn’t get the praise. The potential for a black cat fight and hair pulling is what receives the most attention. Is his story really the problem or is style of writing responsible for highlighting writer who couldn’t care less about black representation across the spectrum?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    These two characters shouldn’t be in conflict with each other because *checks notes* they’re both black women.
    yep, precisely.

BANNED

So black women agree with one another all of a sudden? Has anyone ever heard of the revolt summit?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    full colored version of xmen/fantastic four

I wonder who the kid is?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wonder who the kid is?
    It's Franklin. He has black hair now.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Storm listens to SWV because I say so.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It's Franklin. He has black hair now.
    Dang kids. Someone going through a rebellious stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Alright. I can go with that. Back in the day Taj was my future wife.

Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-27-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Now i need a Storm/Sue Road trip/adventure. I have always wanted them to get a mini together. *Sigh*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Dang kids. Someone going through a rebellious stage?

Alright. I can go with that. Back in the day Taj was my future wife.

A man of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Now i need a Storm/Sue Road trip/adventure. I have always wanted them to get a mini together. *Sigh*
    That would be cool and because Sue is apart of the FF it should be a road trip through space. Also, these kind of things always need a third person. Who should that be?

A man of taste.

That would be cool and because Sue is apart of the FF it should be a road trip through space. Also, these kind of things always need a third person. Who should that be?
    Lol I was literally thinking road trip through space too. The third should definitely be captain marvel, I'm not her biggest fan space is her thing and I do like the character.. I think that could be hilarious and fabulous.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lol I was literally thinking road trip through space too. The third should definitely be captain marvel, I'm not her biggest fan space is her thing and I do like the character.. I think that could be hilarious and fabulous.
    Fearless had the three of them together and it was fine, could of been better in terms of character interactions between the three though. I could see a road trip scenario being fun if Marvel gets a writer who really understands the characters and knows how to make their interactions fun. Fearless was OK, but the interactions could have been much more interesting and their personalities could have been showcased more.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-27-2019 at 07:52 AM.