Page 498 of 662 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 9921
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    A discussion about a love triangle in regards to Ororo is the most ridiculous of things. It doesn't even deserve a mention - I truly hope the end is nigh for this relationship.
    It’s not like it’s her fault someone else fell in love with T’Challa and he was gone for 5 years. The fact he stayed faithful the whole time and was upfront about everything that happened shows Coates may have him prove Storm wrong and demonstrate he’s not ready to put the relationship on hold. Or she might just need the space to focus on herself and her new responsibilities, giving T’Challa her blessing to explore things with Nakia. Either way, it’s an unfortunate set of circumstances but for the most part I think everyone’s been treated respectfully and like adults. I doubt it’ll be a messy break up like the last time, which actually made both characters look bad.

I have a random question. So y'all know those X-Men marvel dolls I posted a few pages back that I bought? You mean to tell me I'm the only Storm fan who actuallly went out and bought Storm's ONLY BARBIE? SMH. They're already being sold for way higher on ebay and amazon. Good luck to y'all who will be trying to buy one later.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s not like it’s her fault someone else fell in love with T’Challa and he was gone for 5 years. The fact he stayed faithful the whole time and was upfront about everything that happened shows Coates may have him prove Storm wrong and demonstrate he’s not ready to put the relationship on hold. Or she might just need the space to focus on herself and her new responsibilities, giving T’Challa her blessing to explore things with Nakia. Either way, it’s an unfortunate set of circumstances but for the most part I think everyone’s been treated respectfully and like adults. I doubt it’ll be a messy break up like the last time, which actually made both characters look bad.
    For him its 8 years, but for her it's only a few months maybe. That hurts no matter how you slice it. Did he stay faithful? From post of the conversation is sounded like he and Nakia were in a romantic relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    A discussion about a love triangle in regards to Ororo is the most ridiculous of things. It doesn't even deserve a mention - I truly hope the end is nigh for this relationship.
    I'll reread when I get home but that discussion didn't read as a break up, love triangle or anything to me. Just Ororo stating what she knows, how she feels about it and what she expects going forward. But I read it on lunch so I may have missed something, but I didn't get breakup vibes from that conversation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    They can break up because they are in a committed relationship. Until Coates' time travel story, BP had no feelings for or was emotionally involved with anyone other than Ororo. Ororo also told T'Challa, in the same issue she mentioned not letting titles come between them, that she was forever his and he was all hers. He agreed by sealing her statement with a kiss. So, they are in a romantic relationship which can definitely come to an end--a break up. That issue was over a year ago. Out of Ororo and Nakia's entire exchange, the most problematic part was when Ororo admitted that she didn't know if T'Challa and Nakia were over. Wow. We cannot ignore that line. That has to hurt like hell, especially since she also admitted having never loved any man the man she loves T'Challa. Whatever he told her during his confession left her feeling uncertain but clearly not uncertain enough to end things with him right then and there. But doubt remains. I think Ororo was being brutally honest.
    Their complicated relationship is more than a marriage. They have no official titles but they are forever tied to one another as the Hadari Yao. There’s no breaking that up. She’s staked her claim on Wakanda both her and HOX. The problematic part you’re speaking of doesn’t make sense given the evidence. Ororo says she doesn’t think they’re over because she knows T’Challa is going back to space. He said as much in the previous issue. Ororo knows he’s going back to space so he’s going to Nakia by his side. Storm praises some of her defining characteristics. Storm also admits that she doesn’t care about their “situation” because it was “literally a different time.” She has no reason to be mad about it because she’s not a telepath so those feelings are of no consequence to her. Storm even tells Nakia she could never make T’Challa happy. She isn’t condoning any type of open relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I'll reread when I get home but that discussion didn't read as a break up, love triangle or anything to me. Just Ororo stating what she knows, how she feels about it and what she expects going forward. But I read it on lunch so I may have missed something, but I didn't get breakup vibes from that conversation.
    Exactly this post. Storm quite clearly explains what their “complication” is, but her feelings are anything but. She’s a woman sure of herself, what she has to offer, the love she gives to T’Challa and the lengths she’s willing to go to just to ensure his happiness. Lolol Coates don got ‘em again. Why he doin ‘em like that?

oh **** this! this sounds like Storm giving this woman permission to screw her man while she is away doing bigger things. If that's the case i'm more than done. Unless Storm is getting hers to i'm not here for it. Oh Tchalla can boink whoever he wants cause ororo loves him that much and the little man has needs. That sounded like the dumbest s#(# i've read all week. Maybe i need to read again since i'm already a little in my feelings.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah even on re read it sounds like Storm is giving permission for Tchalla to have a side piece. Miss me with that. THIS is the type of love women should be reaching for. This is the kind of self confidence. To go to a woman and be all my man may need some and i can't be there for him because i have bigger things to do, please make between your legs available when i am not. NOPE, NYET, Not today, No sir, No Ma'am, No coates, no marvel, Hell NO Storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I have a random question. So y'all know those X-Men marvel dolls I posted a few pages back that I bought? You mean to tell me I'm the only Storm fan who actuallly went out and bought Storm's ONLY BARBIE? SMH. They're already being sold for way higher on ebay and amazon. Good luck to y'all who will be trying to buy one later.
    i don't do collectibles. Nothing against them just not my thing. I am bad enough with clutter.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah even on re read it sounds like Storm is giving permission for Tchalla to have a side piece. Miss me with that. THIS is the type of love women should be reaching for. This is the kind of self confidence. To go to a woman and be all my man may need some and i can't be there for him because i have bigger things to do, please make between your legs available when i am not. NOPE, NYET, Not today, No sir, No Ma'am, No coates, no marvel, Hell NO Storm.
    oh **** this! this sounds like Storm giving this woman permission to screw her man while she is away doing bigger things. If that's the case i'm more than done. Unless Storm is getting hers to i'm not here for it. Oh Tchalla can boink whoever he wants cause ororo loves him that much and the little man has needs. That sounded like the dumbest s#(# i've read all week. Maybe i need to read again since i'm already a little in my feelings.
    I re-read this issue about 4 times now to wrap my head on this. And it pains me to say that Storm/T'Challa are not breaking up. It seems that Storm knows another woman loves her man, but is asking Nakia to be there for him because Storm knows that she won't always be their for him. It's how I interpreted as much.........

It seems Storm has many obligations: To Wakanda and Krakoa......

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I re-read this issue about 4 times now to wrap my head on this. And it pains me to say that Storm/T'Challa are not breaking up. It seems that Storm knows another woman loves her man, but is asking Nakia to be there for him because Storm knows that she won't always be their for him. It's how I interpreted as much.........

It seems Storm has many obligations: To Wakanda and Krakoa......
    They done in my mind. If you don't think your man can be faithful because you have a lot of obligations after listening to his a$$ go on and own about his nation and all his responsibilities then it's over for me. It's done. Put a fork in it. Why would i even want Storm with someone she thinks so little of. And then to top it off she all but told the woman just know while making yourself available he'll still be waiting on my availability to open up. WTF?!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I am SOOOOOOOO happy I read this issue for myself before jumping to any conclusions.

1st: Those who assumed all Ororo and Tchalla did when they saw each other was f@ck were absolutely wrong.

2nd: Tchalla not only f@cked Ororo good and they conversed but he told her about the complexities of his mind and heart as it pertains to Nakia. That I think shows you how much he trusts Ororo that he can share something some people would never utter to their beloved.

3rd: Nowhere, LET ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN, NOWHERE did Ororo say she was done withTchalla. In fact she acknowledged something that we all have known which is that their relationship is complicated. It was stated by Tchalla in Red, and once before this issue by Ororo in Wakanda Forever: Xmen.

4th: Ororo didnt give Nakia permission to do anything with her man but watch him and protect him. That was all and she told Nakia that neither her nor any other woman alive can give Tchalla what Ororo can. Furthermore, Ororo says that she has loved Tchalla more than she has loved any man. This only cements the idea that their love is one that will never die.

That said, how anyone can conclude they are breaking up is a bit farfetched at this juncture. Just my two cents.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Take deep breaths hun lol.

What I remember from the convo (like I said I gotta reread when I get home) the end of the conversation when Ororo said she studied Nakia (to me I assumed she's referring to her combat training because she referred to her as commander) and that is what Ororo is saying T'Challa needs from her, since Ororo herself can't always be there to help Wakanda in that way. She really doesn't want the chic that may have feelings for her man to be the one to help protect things but she knows Nakia is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by illmatic97 View Post
    I don't look at it like that in terms of the "needs" thing i look at more as moral support. I mean a lot of people in this thread said themselves that O.M. won't always be around i mean these two characters have they're duties but other than that i wouldn't be too heat checked JWat but i do understand your concerns on the real. I'm just super sayin.
    Why does tchalla need a woman to support him. He has a whole nation. He has a sister, a mother, the dora mijal. What "suppport" can they not offer while she is away that apparently only Nakia can?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I have to say I absolutely loved his issue. There’s truly something to be said about the idea of black love and why so many people here are obsessed with sexualizing it. I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry. Either way, Coates is absolutely the fucking man! His work with Ororo is nothing short of amazing.

I love that he keeps giving certain readers an impression that he’s going to crap all over the work he’s done with Storm and her relationship with T’Challa and Wakanda. One thing that gives me great satisfaction is all the news that swirls around Storm’s godhood. Her words, her presence and the aura around her place in Wakanda is still unmatched and she stands in that power! Like nobody’s business she stands in it. So many people wish to see conflict and it shows that they believe every conflict should be reduced to mere fisticuffs. It’s comical.

Coates writes Storm in a way where her power as a goddess and as a woman are almost inseparable. Ever since issue #172 where he gives us clear insight into how she interprets her new position in the world and people still doubt him. Some thought she was merely a sex symbol. That’s laughable and this issue flies directly in the face of that. Some thought that he was setting them up to be split apart. That’s laughable and this issue flies directly in the face of that. Some thought her agency rested solely on T’Challa as a man. Again, that’s laughable and this issue flies directly in the face of that. And leading into this issue many thought that he would reduce Ororo and Nakia to two squabbling, hysterical, dick obsessed caricatures of black women. I urged against it quite a few times. Imagine my delight at being proven right.

I’m not at all surprised that messages of black love are so easy to miss and overlook. In order to make the assumptions I listed earlier, one would then have to completely ignore the fact that Coates rewrote Wakandan culture just to carve out a space for Storm as the one true Hadari Yao. He literally uprooted the African Pantheon of gods just so he could place Storm amongst them. He didn’t take ANYTHING away from her to tell his story. All he did was add to her mythos. He never intended to take away her mutant status. He’s only ever paid homage to it. Every aspect of her character receives love in his books.

Coates has T’Challa tell Ramonda that Storm was once queen of WAKANDA and that she will always be tied to his lands. People don’t get it. Now Storm is actually staking her claim as the First Lady of Wakanda. Here in this very issue, he good sis Ororo minced no words as she told Nakia that she considers Wakanda HER nation. She knows within herself that NO OTHER WOMAN can give T’Challa what she has to offer. Even in that understanding, Ororo knows that Nakia offers him something she cannot. We get many references to her power, which I love, but the woman shines through more than anything. Ororo is a woman of ungodly power, but her greatest strength is her humanity. The Hadari Yao as written by Coates is a woman with grace, class, wit, honor, intellect and an emotional maturity that puts her peers to shame. Even while, she recognized Nakia as a woman that loves the same man she does, she’s too self aware to reflect feelings of insecurity at Nakia. There’s no point. Storm embraces her like the black woman deserving of her mutual respect. She approaches her as an equal. She recognizes that as humans we have different things that speak to our personalities and we have different relationships that push us to reach our greatest potential. I’m over the moon with this version of Storm because this is also the woman from Fearless and Hickman’s X-men. Hadari Yao is FOREVER which means her ties and connection to both T’Challa and Wakanda are never to be taken away from her. Coates has made that abundantly clear and I couldn’t be anymore ecstatic about that. Talk about putting the X-men books to shame! Shout out to Coates for acknowledging that Ororo has ONE reason to be at odds with Nakia (over T’Challa’s heart), but a thousand more reason to embrace her fellow black woman under the bonds of sisterhood. Black sisterly love, black brotherly love, black fatherly love, black motherly love, black romantic love, black platonic love and every other type of black love is all over these pages!

BITCH This Post was Epic and I hope it is not missed by those who were looking for tchalla and Ororo's love for one another to end!!!

Simply beautiful!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!