Page 501 of 662 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Believe me friend, if I am, I'm not gloating about it. Dude is frakking up two, sorry three characters.

Let's be truly honest with ourselves. If anyone here thinks that the X-books will follow up on anything Coates has done with Storm regarding her godhood, raise your hands.

Put your frakking hands down.

Dude gave Storm fans a love song and then took a huge dump on it.

My feelings have always been clear, Coates might do other characters great but his BP is utter bvllsh!t
    1. the xbooks have already followed up on it in uncanny and xmen red.

2. he hasn't taken a dump.on anything. where did it state in the story it was over?

3. and you didnt like his tchalla today?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thor is looking real good about now too. King and a God. Hello Ororo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Would Storm fans really be okay if Tchalla was having this conversation about storm with Forge?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. the xbooks have already followed up on it in uncanny and xmen red.

2. he hasn't taken a dump.on anything. where did it state in the story it was over?

3. and you didnt like his tchalla today?
    Note in my post I said "if" I'm right.

But give it a few more issues, Coates will be wrapping up his run soon hopefully. And when he does, Storm and T'Challa will be good friends and that's about it. Nothing wrong with that.

And I don't like Coates BP yesterday, today or forever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I just read the issue. To me, it reads like Coates might be setting the stage for a amicable break up(or a possible strengthening, you never know). Anyway, notice he has Ororo point out that she serves two nations--and we get a visual of the X-Men. (Possible hint toward Krokoa) It seems like Ororo deep down knows that her and T'Challa's worlds will eventually diverge at some point, and Nakia would be better at his side.

Also, there was definitely more to T'Challa and NuNaki's relationship, and in a round about way, Ororo was giving her blessing. Coates could be fucking with folks, though.
    I agree with you here. She flat out says that she won’t be able to assist him all the time. When she doesn’t she would be honored to have a commander like Nakia. I’m glad that she claimed both nations, but I would’ve liked a nod to Kenya tho.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Its pretty simple for me, i don't want Tchalla with a woman that thinks he is weak and I don't want Storm with a man she thinks is weak. That's just me. The fact that she feels he will need another woman to help him be happy because she got stuff to do is a turn off for me. It's that simple. "He is a MAN after all". And we know what Storm had to say about MAN in X-men.
    J dropping jays, nothing but net.

Had me worried till i actually read the issue.

Storm ain't worried about no side-chic. She know she got that good-good...and she got him on lock down.
    Attachment 88874
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Had me worried till i actually read the issue.

Storm ain't worried about no side-chic. She know she got that good-good...and she got him on lock down.
    Attachment 88874
    hello!!! yassss!! I was worried too but when you read the actual issue there is nothing for people who ship ororo and tchalla to worry about.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I don’t see how anyone is getting hurt though. Storm is being mature about the situation and T’Challa seems to still want to make things work. She understands that with her new obligations to Krakoa she can’t be there for Wakanda or T’Challa the way she used to. Hell she basically says that the “coming war” is gonna come to Wakanda itself and that she won’t be there. She’s asserting agency and making a choice that benefits herself and T’Challa. Storm knows that him and Nakia have grown close but she also knows that she’ll always have his heart. So she’s not threatened by leaving Wakanda and letting them explore a relationship, especially since she knows the intense bonds between them. I also think we’re missing lots of context because we aren’t actually seeing T’Challa is reacting to the creation of Krakoa and how that might change his relationship with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Its not even about the relationship. She just dressed this man down to another woman. ONe she knew wasn't even on her level. IF i wasn't a storm fan i would feel she was a bitch to be honest. If Tchalla and Nakia have anything it will always be tainted by this conversation and the self doubt Nakia will always feel because of how basic a man Ororo just presented Tchalla to be and the fact that if she ever has him it's because Ororo wanted her to or was unavailable.
    To go back to your previous post, just imagine T'Challa telling this to Forge or whoever the next time the X-Men go fight Humans Without Friends or people on Facebook. I can just imagine how many people will **** themselves.

Note in my post I said "if" I'm right.

But give it a few more issues, Coates will be wrapping up his run soon hopefully. And when he does, Storm and T'Challa will be good friends and that's about it. Nothing wrong with that.

And I don't like Coates BP yesterday, today or forever.
    Well no shade my beloved but you also were hinting at nakia and ororo going to blows like an episode of housewives of wakanda. lol

if they end amicably as friends I would be fine with that. ororo is now embedded into the wakandan lore as not only its former queen but now its guardian and God. but based upon this issue alone I'm not worried about their relationship ending.

oh marvell lolol.

To go back to your previous post, just imagine T'Challa telling this to Forge or whoever the next time the X-Men go fight Humans Without Friends or people on Facebook. I can just imagine how many people will **** themselves.
    "Listen i am no telepath so how you and Ororo feel is irrelevant to me And things are complicated between ororo and i but Ororo would not want you to know this. . Ororo after all is Just a Woman and women feel they have a lock on infidelity." Dude wouldn't even had got a chance to finish
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t see how anyone is getting hurt though. Storm is being mature about the situation and T’Challa seems to still want to make things work. She understands that with her new obligations to Krakoa she can’t be there for Wakanda or T’Challa the way she used to. Hell she basically says that the “coming war” is gonna come to Wakanda itself and that she won’t be there. She’s asserting agency and making a choice that benefits herself and T’Challa. Storm knows that him and Nakia have grown close but she also knows that she’ll always have his heart. So she’s not threatened by leaving Wakanda and letting them explore a relationship, especially since she knows the intense bonds between them. I also think we’re missing lots of context because we aren’t actually seeing T’Challa is reacting to the creation of Krakoa and how that might change his relationship with Storm.
    when ororo was potentially going to go to blows with nakia, coated was blamed for being a bad writer but when he has her being written as a mature competent woman who addresses this conflict in an appropriate manner coates is a bad writer? this man can do nothing right it seems.

I didnt read this convo as her being ok with them running off together but when she cant be there with him as someone who cares for him she has comfort knowing a woman as strong as nakia will be there to watch and protect him so that he is ok upon her return.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well no shade my beloved but you also were hinting at nakia and ororo going to blows like an episode of housewives of wakanda. lol

if they end amicably as friends I would be fine with that. ororo is now embedded into the wakandan lore as not only its former queen but now its guardian and God. but based upon this issue alone I'm not worried about their relationship ending.

oh marvell lolol.
    No, no BK, that was you and a few others who started talking about a fight. I can go back and pull posts if you'd like.

I was saying that they shouldn't be fighting in response to those posts.

Don't try to pull a Trump on me.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

For me, the question is what purpose does Nakia serve in the BP story? More specifically, why do you guys think that Coates decided to create a somewhat romantic relationship between T'Challa and another woman when he has Ororo? Until Coates's time travel arcs, there was no other woman issue between them. With that story arc, Coates did not have to have Nakia fall for T'Challa or vice versa. What in those 15 issues would've really changed if the two of them only ever thought of each other as friends and allies? The answer is nothing would've changed. His story would've been unaffected by that particular subplot. Yet, Coates gave precious panel time to that particular subplot and he is still devoting panel time to it. So, again, I ask myself why an author would make such a decision. What is the payoff? Nakia isn't that important of a character. Not for all of this. Those are the types of questions that popped into my head when I read the issue, not whether Ororo and T'Challa were broken up (they clearly aren't) but the reasoning behind the decision to give T'Challa a love interest not Ororo. And it does matter that Ororo thinks, despite what T'Challa said, that things are not over between himself and Nakia.

So, yes, a wait and see approach. But I can see how all of the little chess pieces Coates have built over the last year with Nakia and T'Challa and now the Ororo knowing a deeper truth, that there is a solid laying of groundwork that could, if it is so decided, to have Ororo and T'Challa go their separate ways. One way to view it all is as foreshadowing slowly developed over time. It seems that we'll get less of Ororo in BP and more of Nakia.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-30-2019 at 03:28 PM.