Page 502 of 662 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this man can do nothing right it seems.
    I'm so proud of you right now.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

guilty p that is absolutely beautiful and is honestly probably the most likely thing that would happen considering Ororo's nature. and I believe you are right everything would indicate tchalla told her everything
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Well, as much as I hate the whole T'Challa/Nakia whatever, I'm glad Coates didn't drop the issue. Clearly, T'Challa told Ororo something about him and Nakia, which is good. We don't know how much. We can assume,without knowing more, that he told her everything. I don't think Coates will go the path of writing a physical fight between them. I do hope he has Ororo deal with Nakia. Honestly, I think Ororo will thank Nakia for taking care of and being a good friend to T'Challa during his time of need. I think Coates will show that is how much Ororo loves T'Challa that she accepts and appreciates that another woman loved him when he had nothing and no memory of home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No, no BK, that was you and a few others who started talking about a fight. I can go back and pull posts if you'd like.

I was saying that they shouldn't be fighting in response to those posts.

Don't try to pull a Trump on me.

I pulled the posts 4u boo. them fighting was nothing I seriously thought would happen but I said if it did ororo would wipe the floor with her but as guilty p mentioned and which I agreed to I didnt see this ending with the two women literally fighting.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-30-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d;4660302[B
    ]I just read it and Nakia says that she and T’Challa wouldn’t risk the war over a petty fling.[/B] So it looks like they developed strong emotions for one another but didn’t actually go past that. But Storm said that she understands the unique circumstances.

The thing is we don’t see the actual conversation where BP and Storm discuss their relationship. One panel she’s talking to Nakia about her obligations to Krakoa (and the fact she can’t assure T’Challa happiness and peace of mind), the next she’s doing a briefing with T’Challa as if nothing’s changed. So I guess we’re gonna see Wakanda’s response to Krakoa play out in the X-books...
    I believe she meant that their relationship was real. Nakia says it wasn't an indiscretion. Meaning that before he went to "Hoth", they're were deeply involved?

But bigger new than that. Nakia doesn't need her memories restored. She is who she always was. I'll say its 50/50 on whether she's giving permission to have sex when Storm is not around, but why bring it up like Nakia is going to be the only person around Tchalla? I'd say the door is open.

BANNED

I hope you know I love you beyond no end!!! your post had so much truth in it I couldnt even process it all. you have an uncanny ability to be right when it comes to what Coates is going to deliver... why is that??? are you mr coated in the flesh lol. at any rate ororo is very calculating and as you said before anything else she is a woman, a confident woman and it's so sexy to see. as much as the brain tchalla is, so is ororo. and great observation about his inner circle having mutants. you know I thought tchalla and wakanda hated them though lol??
    Kyss, I am not Coates. You a mess. Lolololololol His writing just makes sense to me after reading some of his other work and hearing him speak. I loved that he totally dodged the cat fight angle. Props to that man. I loved that he had Storm shut down the notion that Nakia could make him happy. He then followed that up with Storm listing Nakia’s attributes as a skilled warrior. I really enjoy how he writes her cutting through the tension. She wanted to let Nakia that she knew and there was no bad blood. Now that Ororo was there it wasn’t even a competition. They treated one another with dignity and respect.

I love how Nakia is so cool and calculating. She wants to get right down to business, but Storm doesn’t miss a beat. She says what she needs to say and let’s the chips fall where they may. I love that about his Storm. I love her emotional maturity and the intellectual prowess she possesses. The success of his mission is deemed to have greater significance than the threat to her relationship. That’s a black woman to be proud of because she reflects the lives of every day black women who sacrifice everything for the men in their lives. I also loved Nakia’s little Storm praise in “divine intervention.”

All in all there was so much to love. Bast was a little scary. I see her lashing out in a crazy way. I loved her conversation with T’Challa. I think he’s trying to provoke her to take her power back. It’s interesting that she and Hadari Yao have not crossed paths yet. In that way, I don’t think there’s a way to avoid a confrontation with the two. Bast has never had any great love for Storm. They’ve always found a way to come to an agreement in regards to T’Challa. I’m not sure why it’s so weird that she’d have a conversation like that with Nakia as well.

For me, the question is what purpose does Nakia serve in the BP story? More specifically, why do you guys think that Coates decided to create a somewhat romantic relationship between T'Challa and another woman when he has Ororo? Until Coates's time travel, there was no other woman issue between them. With that story arc, Coates did not have to have Nakia fall for T'Challa or vice versa. What in those 15 issues would've really changed if the two of them only ever thought of each other as friends and allies? The answer is nothing would've changed. His story would've been unaffected by that particular subplot. Yet, Coates gave precious panel time to that particular subplot and he is still devoting panel time to it. So, again, I ask myself why an author would make such a decision. What is the payoff? Nakia isn't that important of a character. Not for all of this. Those are the types of questions that popped into my head when I read the issue, not whether Ororo and T'Challa were broken but the reasoning behind the decision to give T'Challa a love interest not Ororo. And it does matter that Ororo thinks, despite what T'Challa said, that things are not over between himself and Nakia.

So, yes, a wait and see. But I can see how all of the little chess pieces Coates have built over the last year with Nakia and T'Challa and now the Ororo knowing a deeper truth, that there is a solid laying of groundwork that could, if it is so decided, to have Ororo and T'Challa go their separate ways. One way to view it all is as foreshadowing slowly develop over time.
    blame the xoffices. they have been the only bottleneck towards this character being fully realized. it could be Coates is working with Hickman to solely phase her out of the BP world as he plans his vision for the character.

that said until I see them part ways as just friends I'm not going to try to gauge where coates is going. I seriously thought the relationship was done after reading g some responses but then reading this for myself I saw xmsomething completely different. so I'm encouraged these two will go on until something indicates otherwise.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-30-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you think a new writer will come along and he will be breaking bread like batman or spiderman? the book certainly will do well maybe the first few issues but BP having low sales happened under coates, hudlin and it will certainly happen again.
    The difference is better stories for BP. Low sales happen almost everywhere. Low sales with a crap story is just frakkery.

The difference is better stories for BP. Low sales happen almost everywhere. Low sales with a crap story is just frakkery.
    but better is only based upon perspective. I, as well as others, have enjoyed his work. some haven't. Im.sure there are some who like agents of wakanda but others who think its frakkery because the only two wakandans involved are tchalla and okoye.

No, no BK, that was you and a few others who started talking about a fight. I can go back and pull posts if you'd like.

I was saying that they shouldn't be fighting in response to those posts.

Don't try to pull a Trump on me.
    I wonder how many here would have that same conversation with someone they knew had feelings for their significant other. I finally see the point some BP fans were making. In BP this run, Tchalla has done NOTHING but build Ororo up and for her to tear him down in this issue to another woman and is sad. Tells me all i need to know. I personally want to apologize for not seeing it before. No one has said he is a bad writer, at least i haven't but i'm not going to be fake and act like this wouldn't sit completely wrong with me if Storm was the topic of this discussion and it was two men having it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Would Storm fans really be okay if Tchalla was having this conversation about storm with Forge?
    It depends on your interpretation of what happened here. Do you care to share? As long as we’re clear that Storm and Forge were not an alternate reality pairing, we’re all good.

For me, the question is what purpose does Nakia serve in the BP story? More specifically, why do you guys think that Coates decided to create a somewhat romantic relationship between T'Challa and another woman when he has Ororo? Until Coates's time travel arcs, there was no other woman issue between them. With that story arc, Coates did not have to have Nakia fall for T'Challa or vice versa. What in those 15 issues would've really changed if the two of them only ever thought of each other as friends and allies? The answer is nothing would've changed. His story would've been unaffected by that particular subplot. Yet, Coates gave precious panel time to that particular subplot and he is still devoting panel time to it. So, again, I ask myself why an author would make such a decision. What is the payoff? Nakia isn't that important of a character. Not for all of this. Those are the types of questions that popped into my head when I read the issue, not whether Ororo and T'Challa were broken up (they clearly aren't) but the reasoning behind the decision to give T'Challa a love interest not Ororo. And it does matter that Ororo thinks, despite what T'Challa said, that things are not over between himself and Nakia.

So, yes, a wait and see approach. But I can see how all of the little chess pieces Coates have built over the last year with Nakia and T'Challa and now the Ororo knowing a deeper truth, that there is a solid laying of groundwork that could, if it is so decided, to have Ororo and T'Challa go their separate ways. One way to view it all is as foreshadowing slowly developed over time. It seems that we'll get less of Ororo in BP and more of Nakia.
    And why hasn't he shown us Tchalla/Ororo connecting but instead feels the need to show us a Storm/Nakia scene. Especially after "years of seeing Nakia/Tchalla" He has not taken one moment to show such an in depth scene between Storm/Tchalla since he got back. Coincidence? I think not.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    It depends on your interpretation of what happened here. Do you care to share? As long as we’re clear that Storm and Forge were not an alternate reality pairing, we’re all good.
    Nakia is in an alternate reality? Then how is she going to be there to protect Tchalla?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Nakia is in an alternate reality? Then how is she going to be there to protect Tchalla?
    Their intimacy was an alternate reality, yes. It ended there. The story says as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I believe she meant that their relationship was real. Nakia says it wasn't an indiscretion. Meaning that before he went to "Hoth", they're were deeply involved?

But bigger new than that. Nakia doesn't need her memories restored. She is who she always was. I'll say its 50/50 on whether she's giving permission to have sex when Storm is not around, but why bring it up like Nakia is going to be the only person around Tchalla? I'd say the door is open.
    That's what i got from it too and Storm was relieved that they actually had deep feelings and she wasn't some random booty call.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Their intimacy was an alternate reality, yes. It ended there. The story says as much.
    OH so thats why Tchalla in this reality had to tell his wife about it in scenes coates didn't feel we needed to see. That's why Ororo had to go and talk to her about something Ororo herself doesn't think is over. That is why Ororo is asking her to "protect "him. Is that part of Tchalla's brain in an alternate universe too?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Kyss, I am not Coates. You a mess. Lolololololol His writing just makes sense to me after reading some of his other work and hearing him speak. I loved that he totally dodged the cat fight angle. Props to that man. I loved that he had Storm shut down the notion that Nakia could make him happy. He then followed that up with Storm listing Nakia’s attributes as a skilled warrior. I really enjoy how he writes her cutting through the tension. She wanted to let Nakia that she knew and there was no bad blood. Now that Ororo was there it wasn’t even a competition. They treated one another with dignity and respect.

I love how Nakia is so cool and calculating. She wants to get right down to business, but Storm doesn’t miss a beat. She says what she needs to say and let’s the chips fall where they may. I love that about his Storm. I love her emotional maturity and the intellectual prowess she possesses. The success of his mission is deemed to have greater significance than the threat to her relationship. That’s a black woman to be proud of because she reflects the lives of every day black women who sacrifice everything for the men in their lives. I also loved Nakia’s little Storm praise in “divine intervention.”

All in all there was so much to love. Bast was a little scary. I see her lashing out in a crazy way. I loved her conversation with T’Challa. I think he’s trying to provoke her to take her power back. It’s interesting that she and Hadari Yao have not crossed paths yet. In that way, I don’t think there’s a way to avoid a confrontation with the two. Bast has never had any great love for Storm. They’ve always found a way to come to an agreement in regards to T’Challa. I’m not sure why it’s so weird that she’d have a conversation like that with Nakia as well.
    1. That was absolutely the best part of that exchange. She found it absurd that nakia would even think such a thing. I loved how beautifully her facial expressions were captured. but yes you are absolutely correct. ororo took the negative energy nakia was throwing her and redirected it with something as beautiful and divine as her. no animus, no jealousy or envy. it was almost as if ororo wanted to help nakia heal through her heartache. it was just so well written their exchange.

2. You make such a great point about the sacrifices black women make each day and lining it up to the well written pages of this issue. Ororo, always selfless, putting the need to help the maroons win their war over her natural needs as a woman. Yet even in this she is still looking out for her man.

3. I'm so waiting for Ororo and Bast to cross paths. You know this is inevitable. She took care one one female in tchallas life now it's on to the most powerful one lol.