Page 508 of 662 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 9921
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    And now at odds with Krackoa? You know some dumb isht is gonna happen.
    And he’s leading the Avengers? There’s a lot that could go wrong for him but I’m gonna give Hickman the benefit of the doubt for now. I expect the whole “X-Men invade Wakanda after T’Challa does some racist anti-mutant BS” from most writers but I expect more creativity from him. Hopefully the new status quo doesn’t drag down other books...

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And he’s leading the Avengers? There’s a lot that could go wrong for him but I’m gonna give Hickman the benefit of the doubt for now. I expect the whole “X-Men invade Wakanda after T’Challa does some racist anti-mutant BS” from most writers but I expect more creativity from him. Hopefully the new status quo doesn’t drag down other books...
    I'd expect Sebastian to instigate it if anything happens. He's doing the shady business dealings.

There are ways to make TÂ’Challa relatable without making him seem overly possessive. He doesnÂ’t even know Wolverine like that so why would he be anymore worried about him than he would StormÂ’s other long time lovers or friends? The whole point of that scene was to show TÂ’Challa engaging in a one-sided romantic rivalry that only served to benefit Wolverine. It was wildly out of character for TÂ’Challa and just an attempt by the X-office to depict him as hung up on Storm while she was hooking up with someone else. In the grand scheme of things it doesnÂ’t mean much, but it does give some insight into how the X-office goes out of its way to mischaracterize BP and the mythos, especially when Storm is somehow involved.
    That didn't made sense and made tchalla look bad. It was a story setup 'hey storm don't hook up with Logan", then Storm gave no damns and hook up with Logan.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-31-2019 at 10:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    TJ my friend, I was not talking about the most recent issue from Coates. I was referring to the AvX issue where T'Challa told Storm that she could be with anyone but Logan.

Dumb isht.
    Okay. I’ll give you that. I was trying to get a better understanding of how you feel this issue was disrespectful to the mythos? I guess I misinterpreted your argument here.

There are ways to make TÂ’Challa relatable without making him seem overly possessive. He doesnÂ’t even know Wolverine like that so why would he be anymore worried about him than he would StormÂ’s other long time lovers or friends? The whole point of that scene was to show TÂ’Challa engaging in a one-sided romantic rivalry that only served to benefit Wolverine. It was wildly out of character for TÂ’Challa and just an attempt by the X-office to depict him as hung up on Storm while she was hooking up with someone else. In the grand scheme of things it doesnÂ’t mean much, but it does give some insight into how the X-office goes out of its way to mischaracterize BP and the mythos, especially when Storm is somehow involved.
    Please say this again. The best way I can illustrate my point is by bringing up the infamous weave scene. Some may say Storm was written OOC. I disagree, I think it humanized her. T’Challa was still loving, comforting, supportive and hyper aware of her emotional state. That’s how you humanize him and make him relatable. Instead we got to see T’Challa reduce his bond with Ororo down to a sexual competition with Wolverine. And then some would dare to pull the reach of all reaches to try and compare Jason Aaron’s portrayal of them to what Coates has done with Storm and Nakia? How and in what way?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-31-2019 at 05:05 PM.

https://www.cbr.com/top-marvel-characters-15-11/

Storm is #13! I think it's a pretty good ranking. She beat all of the other X-Women and it looks like only Wolverine, Cyclops, and Deadpool are higher than her in the X-Men family (unless I missed a few characters). I think her write up is pretty short compared to the other characters, but I was happy to see her place so high!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/top-marvel-characters-15-11/

Storm is #13! I think it's a pretty good ranking. She beat all of the other X-Women and it looks like only Wolverine, Cyclops, and Deadpool are higher than her in the X-Men family (unless I missed a few characters). I think her write up is pretty short compared to the other characters, but I was happy to see her place so high!
    awesome! I dont recall seeing the vote for this but it is nice to see she placed as high as she did. that write up was awful too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    awesome! I dont recall seeing the vote for this but it is nice to see she placed as high as she did. that write up was awful too.
    Bummer you didn't get a chance to vote! I put Storm #1 on my list!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Okay. I’ll give you that. I was trying to get a better understanding of how you feel this issue was disrespectful to the mythos? I guess I misinterpreted your argument here.

The issue is misogynoir. Black women are free today what they want with whoever they want without anyone’s judgement. Those are issues that black women have to deal with in real life. Have you heard of Serena Williams? That has NEVER been in T’Challa’s nature to even go there with her. It played on negative tropes of black men in relation to black women, but most people dismiss it as if it isn’t problematic.

Please say this again. The best way I can illustrate my point is by bringing up the infamous weave scene. Some may say Storm was written OOC. I disagree, I think it humanized her. T’Challa was still loving, comforting, supportive and hyper aware of her emotional state. That’s how you humanize him and make him relatable. Instead we got to see T’Challa reduce his bond with Ororo down to a sexual competition with Wolverine. And then some would dare to pull the reach of all reaches to try and compare Jason Aaron’s portrayal of them to what Coates has done with Storm and Nakia? How and in what way?
    I'm not getting the comparison to what Aaron did and coates either boo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Bummer you didn't get a chance to vote! I put Storm #1 on my list!
    yea I know!! I'm glad you were able to vote at least and represent!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd expect Sebastian to instigate it if anything happens. He's doing the shady business dealings.
    Yea that’s a likely route for a future Marauders arc. I’m just interested about characterization given this is the X-books. And hopefully the endgame of Hickman’s run isn’t something that results in another AvX, New Avengers situation.

I'm shaking!!
    Attachment 88926

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I'm shaking!!
    Attachment 88926
    Pearls clutched, ripped off, and throw against the wall. THIS LOOK MUST HAPPEN.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I'm shaking!!
    Attachment 88926
    This looks great but not a.fan of the hair why would her roots be black unless they are suggesting she dies her hair.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I will no longer be acknowledging the hadari yao until I see it in the x-books. I don't know who that woman is in bp books. Must be the storm bot
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will no longer be acknowledging the hadari yao until I see it in the x-books. I don't know who that woman is in bp books. Must be the storm bot
    Glad you finally see that Coates is nothing but Poison to Black Panther. Let us all hope he leaves the franchise after this arc is done.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"