Page 511 of 662 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think there are some who wouldnt like how he wrote black panther despite how much of a "boss" he wrote him. Zenzi couldn't warp his mind, he challenged bast and yet some of his fans still complained. so yes I do think there are some who dont like him because he us the writer.
    Boss? He wasn't' even at the head of the table during the meeting. And he stood behind Okoye during the confrontation. Coates is good at microaggression. Which he should be as that is one of his fields as it relates to race.

Zenzi is not an accomplishment since she doesn't warp the mind and its been proven that she was be overcome with a speech.

Bast is interesting, because he knows Bast is real because he's met her multiple times. He told Storm he was sure it was her when Storm thought it was just a little girl. But more interesting is that if he is questing if Bast is really a god at all, the same would have to be true of Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Terrance Howard said everyone was expecting them to throw down and using that as some sort of extreme to alter the perception on how we feel on a very valid criticism. Like because thdexpdctation of a throw down never happened people had to shift to another negative extreme. That is not the case. I did not expect them to throw down as my original posts shows. So that is a manipulative statement imo
    My original post was they were going to have a "the boy is mine moment". lol.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    This whole narrative around the preview vs the actual issue is really jarring. First everyone was jumping out of the window to assume that Coates was going to play on the notion that two black women that have affection for the same MAN are somehow always supposed to be at war with one another. When THAT clearly did not happen, that understanding shifted to one where Ororo is not just petty, manipulative and conniving, she’s the most toxic woman T’Challa has ever come into contact with. I really don’t understand these leaps in logic. Ororo has to literally express why she doesn’t hold bitter feelings about the an emotional connection that’s rooted in a completely different time period.

Not only that, Storm then is guilty of demeaning T’Challa simply by referring to him as a man. How in the world is that an insult? Because she refers to “man” derogatorily in the X-men? Is this really serious? The lengths many are going to JUST TO SEE NEGATIVITY from this black woman is really something to ponder. I’ll come back to that tho.

Let’s bring it back to Hickman’s HOX. One of Storm’s defining character moments under him has her welcoming the team back to life. She introduces Cyclops, Jean and then Monet. Both Scott and Jean embrace her, but Monet is literally hands off. She doesn’t want to be touched. Storm’s reaction says volumes. Her laugh could be interpreted one of two ways. Either she is the aloof goddess that couldn’t be bothered with accepting Monet’s individuality or she’s a progressive woman who understands the importance of letting black people live their lives the way they want to.

I honestly don’t understand how Storm could understand and seek a level of companionship with Monet in the X-men books, but under Coates she a negative, antagonistic, self absorbed shrill of a black woman? It really reeks of giving white writers the benefit of the doubt while raking black ones over the coals. Not only that, but it further illustrates that there is an inherent bias against black women to show them as drama starters. This **** is really trippy.
    omg once again your post is nothin but the fucking truth!!! I must admit I thought the ish was gone hit the fan as well but guilty p post had me reassess it, as did yours. coates defied took this conversation in a way that made sense for both of these characters. but this post is definitely food for thought boo.

as much as I have liked Hickman storm he has certainly not givine8me the storm I need. one that has her interacting with black people in loving and powerful ways. this is why I can never speak against what Coates is doing. his contributions to her mythos is one no other writer has ever done so as long as his work isnt embraced I cant fully get on board with Hickman's vision for the character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-31-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    My original post was they were going to have a "the boy is mine moment". lol.
    and marvel 2100 came in and was wondering why people thought they were going to throw down.

So that's three people who never thought anybody was going to throw hands like "everybody" and hmmm all three are also questioning the issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Boss? He wasn't' even at the head of the table during the meeting. And he stood behind Okoye during the confrontation. Coates is good at microaggression. Which he should be as that is one of his fields as it relates to race.

Zenzi is not an accomplishment since she doesn't warp the mind and its been proven that she was be overcome with a speech.

Bast is interesting, because he knows Bast is real because he's met her multiple times. He told Storm he was sure it was her when Storm thought it was just a little girl. But more interesting is that if he is questing if Bast is really a god at all, the same would have to be true of Storm.
    tchalla clearly has been the orchestrator of the arrack that surprised njadaka. him bot being in the front doesnt mean hes not boss it's simply him not doing everything. And I dont understand your zenzi point. she just had sent two soldiers terrified when njadaka efforts were not enough.

tchallas exchange with bast was him denying what he already knew which was njadaka was not dead. it had nothing to do with bast not being a real god.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

did you have issues with how he was written this past issue?
    BK, I don't know how many more ways I can say that I don't like anything that Coates has done on BP.

He has frakked up BP and is he is incapable of doing anything to impress me.

To Storm fans, I'm happy that you're getting your Harada Yo the way you like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Are we??? Storm hasn't entered her Hadari Yao form again......

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    and marvel 2100 came in and was wondering why people thought they were going to throw down.

So that's three people who never thought anybody was going to throw hands like "everybody" and hmmm all three are also questioning the issue.
    to be fair I thought the issue was that the twi were at conflict period over s man. whether the fight was verbal or physical wasnt the primary issue.

BK, I don't know how many more ways I can say that I don't like anything that Coates has done on BP.

He has frakked up BP and is he is incapable of doing anything to impress me.

that's what I was trying to confirm. cville. no matter what coates does with the character some simply wont like it.

well I do like hadari yao and I love ororos love for tchalla. I dont have any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I usually hate black on black crime but.... Fry the bitch.
    hell to the yes... did you see how ole gurl tried to pop off????

you want me to whoop that ass?? as you wish!!! I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    truth is storm could fry her skinny ass from another continent if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Lil jon voice: "ITS ABOUT TO BE A WHAT?? GIRL FIGHT!!"
    we bout to throw them bows
    we bout to swing them thangs!!!

lmfao

I gotta another one...

I dont fight I dont argue I just hit that bitch with a bottle!!!
    nakia better watch that ass!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed! Thanks for posting this. Is this out next week?

Personally I’d love to see a hand to hand fight between them. Like not so much an honor/need to prove myself/check a b#$%@/“he’s mine!”, but more so to show how personal this is for them. If NuNakia is anything like her 616 predecessor she is a skilled fighter sand I think it would be a pretty good/bloody fight.
    you're welcome and yes it's out next week!!

and I wouldn't mind a hand to hand either. I doubt this goes beyond a heated exchange but if it would be nice to see her show her h2h abilities something else we rarely get go see.
    Looks likes ome kinda UFC promotion going on in here.

No fights huh.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Are we??? Storm hasn't entered her Hadari Yao form again......
    Well frak, that just sucks.

that's what I was trying to confirm. cville. no matter what coates does with the character some simply wont like it.

well I do like hadari yao and I love ororos love for tchalla. I dont have any complaints.
    I'm consistent. He's just incapable.

Looks likes ome kinda UFC promotion going on in here.

No fights huh.
    I would love ororo to knock some sense in to nakia because I'm a petty bish. luckily Costas saw differently and his execution was pitch perfect

I'm consistent. He's just incapable.
    do you take issue he made ororo a wakandan God? would you have preferred him.become one and worshipped instead?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-31-2019 at 06:50 PM.

do you take issue he made ororo a wakandan God?
    Nope. No issue at all. That won't be the focus of the next writer so I honestly don't care.

He doesn't need to make T'Challa a god. He's badass already(except in this run).

The problem for Storm fans will be when Coates screws that up and he will.