Page 519 of 662 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He also got reader questions about Kitty that he was answering. But Kitty being an integral part of a book doesn't mean Ororo can't be, any more than it didn't in 1984.
    I can almost guarantee you not all 5he questions asked of him pertained to kitty. no questions about iceman or storm two characters who are way more popular than her??? and the difference in 1984 versus now is that Claremont never write books that centered around one character. it wasnt a solo book disguised as a team book. xmen gold was clearly the opposite and this book certainly is giving similar vibes. understand I know other characters will be present but they will be as it pertains to orbiting around kitty and her objectives. this interview only further supports the concern that many here believed which is this book would be gold 2.0.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you said it's TRUE that this book will not be xmen gold and then I said not based upon the interview and asked where did we get discussion on the other characters outside of kitty. the point of asking these questions is to make the point the interview centered heavily around her and this will be a boo on that centers around her just like xmen gold did.
    Kyss it's just an interview Gerry Duggan already told us that the spotlight moves around.

I wouldn't use this interview as proof that the Book will be X-Men Gold 2.0. I see and understand why you'd think that, but....
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-04-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    HiX-Man and Duggan sure hit the nail on the head when they spoke about character-obsessive fans.
    perhaps. but also and most importantly give credit to those who said this would be gold 2.0 because the interview most certainly didn't help with those who believe that to be true. as much as you opine I'm sure you can afford credit to these persons as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

and the difference in 1984 versus now is that Claremont never write books that centered around one character. it wasnt a solo book disguised as a team book.
    I don't think this is that, certainly not after one issue. You can disagree, but it's not going to change anything for me as of now. I've also never had an aversion to Kitty and Ororo. They've practically been mother and daughter since Kitty's inception. YMMV.

just wanted to link this to show that all the questions submitted were not kitty centric:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AIPTcomic...58261167136769

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Kyss it's just an interview Gerry Duggan already told us that the spotlight moves around.

I wouldn't use this interview as proof that the Book will be X-Men Gold 2.0. I see and understand why you'd think that, but....
    the fact you understand why I would think that is the only point I'm making. many here were concerned this would be gold 2.0 and the fact that most (if not all the questions) selected were about kitty would not quell those concerns. the issues could most certainly be the opposite but not based upon this interview is my only point.

I don't think this is that, certainly not after one issue. You can disagree, but it's not going to change anything for me as of now. I've also never had an aversion to Kitty and Ororo. They've practically been mother and daughter since Kitty's inception. YMMV.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion but only looking to point out the fact if people are looking for a reason to pick up this book besides kitty this interview wouldnt sell those people on doing so. I don't have an aversion towards kitty and ororo either; however, ororo made it plainly clear when she went punk that she was not kittys mother but a friend.

BANNED

the fact you understand why I would think that is the only point I'm making. many here were concerned this would be gold 2.0 and the fact that most (if not all the questions) selected were about kitty would not quell those concerns. the issues could most certainly be the opposite but not based upon this interview is my only point.
    If that's the case then I'd say that's reaching.

Because the writer has said many times that the spot light moves around and has told fans personally the same thing.

Based on this interview he hasn't changed.

If that's the case then I'd say that's reaching.

Because the writer has said many times that the spot light moves around and has told fans personally the same thing.

Based on this interview he hasn't changed.
    guggs said the same thing though and you see what that got us. duggan may be better at writing this go round but again based upon the interview it seems this will be another kitty centric book.

BANNED

guggs said the same thing though and you see what that got us. duggan may be better at writing this go round but again based upon the interview it seems this will be another kitty centric book.
    These are two completely different writers with different Visions.

Mark Guggenhiem didn't say that the spotlight moves around(If he did do you have an interview of him saying that??). He said that Storm was his favorite character and he loves writing her. But you also asked him yourself and he's admittedly to not knowing the character.

So, anyone really taking this interview serious as another X-Gold 2.0(despite Gerry Duggan saying repeatedly and to fans who have talked with him on twitter that each character's gets to shine) i'd say they are really reaching for a reason to hate the book........
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-04-2019 at 11:55 AM.

These are two completely different writers with different Visions.

Mark Guggenhiem didn't say that the spotlight moves around. He said that Storm was his favorite character and he loves writing her. But you also asked him yourself and he's admittedly to not knowing the character.

So, anyone really taking this interview serious as another X-Gold 2.0(despite Gerry Duggan saying repeatedly and to fans who have talked with him on twitter that each character's gets to shine) i'd say they are really reaching for a reason to hate the book........
    understood they are different writers BUT.. what does that mean if both writers have expressed kitty is their favorite character?

Guggenheim never said storm was his favorite. he said kitty was :

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03...eim-interview/

and duggan said the same thing:

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...-marvel-comics

and Guggenheim told me personally he found it hard writing ororo doing anything powerwise beyond lighting and wind. duggan has already written ororo way better than Guggenheim in my opinion but it doesnt mean the stories will not primarily center around her.

and I dont want to hate the book simply for hating sake. but people based upon the past I understand storm fans having reservations around her treatment in books. you have her on a team again where she is led by kitty and then another book where she has to be damsel on distress and saved by her mortal enemy. it's simply not a good look.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-04-2019 at 12:07 PM.

BANNED

I like both those books at face value, but that's me. I don't believe it's demeaning to Ororo (or any X-Man who watched her grow up) to be led by an adult Kitty Pryde. And I am all for Giant-Size; if it's the Shadow King in play, it makes perfect sense he would target Ororo. I don't consider Jean (her best friend) and Emma going in to help her to be painting her as helpless or inadequate.

It's a question of perspective. I don't find anything fundamentally wrong with Ororo or any fave of mine being a) not the leader or b) vulnerable in-story. If I thought she was constantly taking L's atm it would be another story. I don't see that in Dawn of X.

BANNED

understood they are different writers BUT.. what does that mean if both writers have expressed kitty is their favorite character?

Guggenheim never said storm was his favorite. he said kitty was :

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03...eim-interview/

and duggan said the same thing:

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...-marvel-comics

and Guggenheim told me personally he found it hard writing ororo doing anything powerwise beyond lighting and wind. duggan has already written ororo way better than Guggenheim in my opinion but it doesnt mean the stories will not primarily center around her.

and I dont want to hate the book simply for hating sake. but people based upon the past I understand storm fans having reservations around her treatment in books. you have her on a team again where she is led by kitty and then another book where she has to be damsel on distress and saved by her mortal enemy. it's simply not a good look.
    I get that all of that Stuff is Valid, but the book has already proven us wrong that this isn't about Kitty Pryde.

Duggan has said it too many times now

I just think people are reaching....

I like both those books at face value, but that's me. I don't believe it's demeaning to Ororo (or any X-Man who watched her grow up) to be led by an adult Kitty Pryde. And I am all for Giant-Size; if it's the Shadow King in play, it makes perfect sense he would target Ororo. I don't consider Jean (her best friend) and Emma going in to help her to be painting her as helpless or inadequate.

It's a question of perspective. I don't find anything fundamentally wrong with Ororo or any fave of mine being a) not the leader or b) vulnerable in-story. If I thought she was constantly taking L's atm it would be another story. I don't see that in Dawn of X.
    you liked xmen gold? why did you like this book in regards to the characterization of ororo specifically?

in regards to SK, orori was able to resist Farook as a child, so why she would constantly have issues with him as an adult just doesnt make sense to me. in either event, I think a lot of my resentment towards the xoffices is due to the stark contrast between her portrayal in xbooks versus her treatment in the BP books. the BP books looks to want to elevate her while the xoffices seem to do the opposite. maybe I would be more ecstatic with her going on high sea adventures had we not got all the goodness we did in black panther. however that's not the scenario. coates set the bar high and I honestly cant ignore that bar, especially for what I'm seeing so far in dox.

Claremont did so much work with Ororo during her punk phase. It is too bad so many writers never pay attention to that crucial part of Ororo's character development. Storm is not just a placid nature goddess, forever kind and benevolent. She will also cut a bitch and tell you about it in a monologue!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

MMM Fair Point I guess, but it does beg the question why does it have to be Storm though...

But, that makes sense. I don't have a problem with Storm being led by another person and showing vulnerability as long as it just makes sense.

Kitty Leading Storm is Fine to me. Jean/Emma saving Storm sounds weird....but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont did so much work with Ororo during her punk phase. It is too bad so many writers never pay attention to that crucial part of Ororo's character development. Storm is not just a placid nature goddess, forever kind and benevolent. She will also cut a bitch and tell you about it in a monologue!
    exactly!!! say that again and louder! as you said it seems much of her growth as a woman during this period is completely ignored. and its unfortunate that is was because it was during this period I felt she was the most balanced and practical when making tough or difficult decisions.