Page 52 of 662 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I liked that Coates re-connected Storm to Harlem and its community. I also like that he has really explored her divine heritage and power. Having Nnedi Okorafor also diving into Storm's connection to the world around her has also been nice.
    when was the last time we read a story where she tried to connect to anything attached to her father? she lives in New York. she is so invested on being an xmen she never thought to go a few miles over to learn about her father's connection in Harlem? I think its critical she has stories that explore her blackness instead of shy away from it. okorafor brings a nice perspective too as she is woman who happens to be Nigerian American. she has not been my favorite but o appreciate marvel giving her the opportunity to write for them and storm.

Lol. I didn't feel too much of a connection to the character but that does seem like a crappy way to die. Like, doesn't she have super-hearing and/or super-reflexes?
    I believe so but she can die like any other vampire which is a stake in the heart. this appears to be where she was stabbed.

You right. But trust and believe tho that once MCU Storm is given life Shipp's Storm can fade into the void. In other words:

lololol yaaasssssss I'm here for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I really hope all this faith in the MCU when it comes to the X-men is rewarded...
    Attachment 78615
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I really hope all this faith in the MCU when it comes to the X-men is rewarded...
    Attachment 78615
    time will tell but anything is better than foxmen storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ugh I just had the most horrific thought. the teens didnt forget their time in the present when they went they back to their normal timeline. what if cyclops has a thing for ororo now ugh... I hope if he tries anything cute she reminds him of the time she had to put a bolt in his chest.
    Lol agreed.

Technically it was another Ororo, I do not think Scott has any feeling about it for our Storm. Even if he does, it would end like Ororo and Old Man Logan.

What can become very uncomfortable is Warren / X-23...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Technically it was another Ororo, I do not think Scott has any feeling about it for our Storm. Even if he does, it would end like Ororo and Old Man Logan.

What can become very uncomfortable is Warren / X-23...
    Would this make the second black woman Scott been attracted too?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    Attachment 78615
    As do I. They really need to do right by Storm on the big screen. Captain Marvel, Scarlett Witch, and Black Widow just don't do it for me no matter how much screen time they get.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member

If you play WWE 2K19 on PS4

Someone made a Storm CAW off of her 1975 design.

If you search using Black Panther or Wakanda or her name.

https://bamsmackpow.com/2018/12/11/m...uld-appear/25/

Forgive me if this was posted here already. About two months ago Fansided came out with list of 25 X-Men who should appear in the MCU. Storm was # 2. Here is what they had to say about her. They are spot on in their assessment.

2. Storm
    Who is she?

Ororo Munroe’s life has been full of tragedy that turns into triumph. When she was young, her parents were killed and she was trapped under rubble. This led to her having claustrophobia to this day. Storm became a master thief trying to fend for herself. Over time she became worshiped as goddess in certain African countries.

She was eventually recruited by Charles Xavier to be part of his newest team of X-Men. Storm has lost her powers, but then trained and became a better fighter. She’s lost a lot in her life, but always seems to come back stronger than before.

Why this works

We have yet to get a Storm we can be proud of. Considering how important she is to women and people of color, it’s disappointing that we haven’t gotten even a decent representation yet. Seeing how great Black Panther made the women of Wakanda look, this leaves me to believe that Storm would be in good hands in the MCU.

Storm is one of the most important characters in Marvel comics. It’s important that they get her character right. Every X-Men movie doesn’t need to have Wolverine if Storm reaches her potential. She is one of the few X-Men characters that can hold their own in a solo movie. She could easily be box office hit.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 02-17-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Storm definitely needs to appear in the MCU. She certainly has more charisma than both Black Widow and Captain Marvel.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Storm definitely needs to appear in the MCU. She certainly has more charisma than both Black Widow and Captain Marvel.
    MCU Black Widow just seems boring to me. More like a wasted space. She is more Badass in the comics than her MCU counterpart.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-19-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's an article on CBR's main page that discusses Storm's ability to control the Solar Winds.
    It posits that Claremont may have just given her the ability based on the name given to the solar phenomenon without fully understanding exactly what it entails and how its created. More importantly, it establishes that Storm does not need an "atmosphere" in order to fully utilise her powers as her abilities extend beyond mere "weather manipulation"...something we ALL knew already from back in the early days but to which current writers remain completely and woefully oblivious, apparently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    There's an article on CBR's main page that discusses Storm's ability to control the Solar Winds.
    It posits that Claremont may have just given her the ability based on the name given to the solar phenomenon without fully understanding exactly what it entails and how its created. More importantly, it establishes that Storm does not need an "atmosphere" in order to fully utilise her powers as her abilities extend beyond mere "weather manipulation"...something we ALL knew already from back in the early days but to which current writers remain completely and woefully oblivious, apparently.
    I'm willing to wager 2 things.

1. Current Writers think it's stupid. And doesn't make sense *cough* *Cough* Thor can manipulate Temporal Storms, because it has the word "Storms" in it yeah like that makes sense *Cough* *Cough* same argument here LOL. I feel like CBR plays both sides and has like this huge double standard going on.
    2. They actually don't know that Storm can use her power no matter what environment she's in.

I read that article, I for one don't really take that article seriously, comics don't always have to make sense for the most part it's pure fantasy. But eh, we have scans that can disprove this crappy statement CBR is trying to push so i'm not really that worried about it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-19-2019 at 09:38 AM.

The thing with Storm is she manipulates whatever passes for weather in any given environment. The sooner the girlies that write the books realize this, the better.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yeah Juan678 did a posted on that like a week ago

I replied

Wide range telekinesis that can manipulate matter on a subatomic level. She didn't control a solar winds, she created a solar winds.

She can control surrounding atoms/electrons to fly in space, shoot lightning bolts and rearrange the atom of her clothing. Her ability to summon energy from millions of stars, rip Stardust, destroyed two Brood spaceships and strike Silver Surfer with a lightning bolt while in space...all scream untapped potential.

The reason Storm fans get so frustrated with Marvel writers
    Some of us wait, some of us act.