Page 520 of 662 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you liked xmen gold?
    No. I like Marauders so far and I like the Giant-Size solicit.

As for BP, those books will never be her home. Ever. It’s never going to happen.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I get that all of that Stuff is Valid, but the book has already proven us wrong that this isn't about Kitty Pryde.

Duggan has said it too many times now

I just think people are reaching....
    the book hasnt proven us wrong lol. it was very much a kitty centric issue. we read entries in her diary, looked at her lobby for people to be on her team, looked at how Emma wanted her to use this as a moment to ascend in power. we saw how take out a slew of soldiers in a badass manner. again other characters had moments but they all centered around kitty. she is the lead, at least based upon issue 1.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

the book hasnt proven us wrong lol. it was very much a kitty centric issue. we read entries in her diary, looked at her lobby for people to be on her team, looked at how Emma wanted her to use this as a moment to ascend in power. we saw how take out a slew of soldiers in a badass manner. again other characters had moments but they all centered around kitty. she is the lead, at least based upon issue 1.
    Kitty may had more panel time but the way it was written didn't seem like it was Kitty Centric which is why many people loved the book. So, yes i'd say it did prove us wrong. But

Overall we'll see how this goes.........

This is one of the rare instances where i am picking up Marauders because of the writer first and premise characters after that For me, this book no more resembles X-men Gold than beyonce's Storm resembles Anok's. JMO.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No. I like Marauders so far and I like the Giant-Size solicit.

As for BP, those books will never be her home. Ever. It’s never going to happen.
    oh ok. I thought you liked gold.

and I never said it should be her home but it cant be denied that the BP offices have done an immensely better development of the character than the xoffices have since Claremont had her. what is the point of ororo being on this ship other than to support kitty? what is the point of ororo in the uncanny issue other than to be a plot device to pit Jean and Emma together?

it's not anything worth being excited for in comparison to what we've seen in BP imho.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Kitty may had more panel time but the way it was written didn't seem like it was Kitty Centric which is why many people loved the book. So, yes i'd say it did prove us wrong. But

Overall we'll see how this goes.........
    who did the story beats revolve around mostly? kitty. you even said it yourself she hot more panel time. duggan may be better at packaging this kitty book than guggs but at this point I'm not convinced this will be anything other than gold 2.0 but as you said time will tell.

BANNED

who did the story beats revolve around mostly? kitty. you even said it yourself she hot more panel time. duggan may be better at packaging this kitty book than guggs but at this point I'm not convinced this will be anything other than gold 2.0 but as you said time will tell.
    I don't think you understood what I just said so i'll say it again: "the way it was written didn't seem like it was Kitty Eccentric which is why many people loved the book."

Kyss your never convinced first you like the book now you feel it's X-Men Gold 2.0 all because of the Interview despite after what Duggan has told us many times. Make up your damn mind either support the book or don't -_-

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is one of the rare instances where i am picking up Marauders because of the writer first and premise characters after that For me, this book no more resembles X-men Gold than beyonce's Storm resembles Anok's. JMO.
    Same here. I mean I actually like Gerry Duggan's work. I LOVE his Uncanny Avengers I think that is one of his BEST Work.

I don't think you understood what I just said so i'll say it again: "the way it was written didn't seem like it was Kitty Eccentric which is why many people loved the book."

Kyss your never convinced first you like the book now you feel it's X-Men Gold 2.0 all because of the Interview despite after what Duggan has told us many times. Make up your damn mind either support the book or don't -_-

Same here. I mean I actually like Gerry Duggan's work. I LOVE his Uncanny Avengers I think that is one of his BEST Work.
    i liked the booked but i still read it as kitty-centric. those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I dont think you are getting my point. I'm not saying the book is bad, im saying it seems it will be a kitty solo book disguised as a team book. much like xmen red was a Jean book disguised as a team book. whether it's good or not remains to be seen but what cant ve denied based upon issue one it is kitty centric.

Definitely in my top 10. I wasn't expecting much because i wasn't familiar with his work and wasn't hot on the cast but he won me over so quickly and i loved every character by the end. So i'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride on this one and he has a great mind for handling a large cast.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Definitely in my top 10. I wasn't expecting much because i wasn't familiar with his work and wasn't hot on the cast but he won me over so quickly and i loved every character by the end. So i'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride on this one and he has a great mind for handling a large cast.
    That's all you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride and see how this progress.

Again the book didn't even feel like it was all kitty based which is why it was a good issue #1. Just wish people did more homework on Gerry Duggan and actually read his work instead jumping to conclusion all the damn time.

That's all you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride and see how this progress.

Again the book didn't even feel like it was all kitty based which is why it was a good issue #1. Just wish people did more homework on Gerry Duggan and actually read his work instead jumping to conclusion all the damn time.
    no one is jumping to conclusion without data from past experiences. you were one of the ones who told everyone to give xmen gold a chance and what happened; you were wrong. writers have to demonstrate to the readership they can deliver; it's not the readers dury to blindly expect them to deliver.

BANNED

no one is jumping to conclusion without data from past experiences. you were one of the ones who told everyone to give xmen gold a chance and what happened; you were wrong. writers have to demonstrate to the readership they can deliver; it's not the readers dury to blindly expect them to deliver.
    Actually, NO I didn't tell everyone to give Gold a chance stop lying.

I said for MYSELF i'll give it a change because I didn't know Mark Guggenheim work other than X-Men To Serve and Protect #3.

It's the same situation here. You knew Guggs work(I didn't) therefore you predicted Gold was bad and it was. I knew Gerry Duggans work(You didn't) I predicted Marauders was going to be good and look most Storm fans liked it.

Anyway, that's all I got to say. Just keep reading the book give it till issue #2 and #3 and make your decision to drop or keep it going........

i liked the booked but i still read it as kitty-centric. those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I dont think you are getting my point. I'm not saying the book is bad, im saying it seems it will be a kitty solo book disguised as a team book. much like xmen red was a Jean book disguised as a team book. whether it's good or not remains to be seen but what cant ve denied based upon issue one it is kitty centric.
    They told us Issue #1 was going to be based on Kitty that I won't deny.

But after actually reading the Book it didn't even seem like it was all based on Kitty. Which to me is good writing.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-04-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Actually, NO I didn't tell everyone to give Gold a chance stop lying.

I said for MYSELF i'll give it a change because I didn't know Mark Guggenheim work other than X-Men To Serve and Protect #3.

It was you who kept telling me that it was going to flop because you knew the writer and his work. I didn't.
    chile I dont have to lie about anything. you always say give a book a chance. just as you are with this title. I can go and find the exact posts if you like but just as you were wrong about storm being guggs favorite you are also wrong if you dont think you ever said to give gold a chance, because you did.

and I said he would write ororo horribly because of his past work (which you said to give it chance) and I was absolutely correct. the point being is they people have a reason for having their reservations. gold is simply too fresh and as I mentioned the interview wont help change peoples mind who have those feelings.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-04-2019 at 01:16 PM.

BANNED

chile I dont have to lie about anything. you always say give a book a chance. just as you are with this title. I can go and find the exact posts if you like but just as you were wrong about storm being guggs favorite you are also wrong if you dont think you ever said to give gold a chance, because you did.

and I said he would write ororo horribly because of his past work (which you said to give it chance) and I was absolutely correct. the point being is they people have a reason for having their reservations. gold is simply to fresh and as I mentioned the interview wont help change peoples mind who have those feelings.
    You did lie, because that's not what I said. And I know that for a fact. Anyway, where going in circles I'm going to stop talking to you now.

You did lie, because that's not what I said. But i'll going to leave that alone because i'm going in circles with you.
    I'm going to stop talking to you now.
    I will look for the receipts. and if I'm wrong I will acknowledge it. and do what u gotta do love