Page 523 of 662 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533573623 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think he is trying to send the message i just think it is his message or rather his view. He sees the male, the black male in particular as broken imo. And broken in a way that he thinks it can only be accepted rather than healed. But that is JMO. So now i'm left wondering who hurt him rather than thinking about the material.
    this is very interesting. what in particular that he wrote came across as feeling as such? that he himself has been hurt.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So the pattern holds. lol
    oh stop it silly goose lolol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Could be that conversation pushed her into it. She might feel deeply insulted. I think its bad writing if you take to completely different women, but put them on the same path because they have the same name. It "Martha" in Batman vs Superman all over again. lol
    I just don't understand to be honest. Coates is a smart guy and puts so much into his writing. And maybe i'm a little salty because i feel like i'm the last one to arrive to the cookout and even Becky won't give me any of her potato salad cause she's side eyeing me but there is a fundamental problem coates has with the idea of men. And it isn't very hopeful imo and the conversation to me highlighted that. I always look to how context makes me feel when things are worded because sometimes i can be too literal and anyway i look at it coates could have thrown a few words in here and there that would have supported the male could at least be better. I didn't feel that. I felt that he feels fundamentally as special as a man can be, he can't be good. That one word could have changed so much.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Could be that conversation pushed her into it. She might feel deeply insulted. I think its bad writing if you take to completely different women, but put them on the same path because they have the same name. It "Martha" in Batman vs Superman all over again. lol
    I actually this interesting. no one can say they saw it coming if she does turn out to be a spy.

I just don't understand to be honest. Coates is a smart guy and puts so much into his writing. And maybe i'm a little salty because i feel like i'm the last one to arrive to the cookout and even Becky won't give me any of her potato salad cause she's side eyeing me but there is a fundamental problem coates has with the idea of men. And it isn't very hopeful imo and the conversation to me highlighted that. I always look to how context makes me feel when things are worded because sometimes i can be too literal and anyway i look at it coates could have thrown a few words in here and there that would have supported the male could at least be better. I didn't feel that. I felt that he feels fundamentally as special as a man can be, he can't be good. That one word could have changed so much.
    Thing is its all over the place for the past few years. I wouldn't even say its exclusively towards men. The women who aren't Storm are pretty helpless too.

He seems to be a bit of a fatalist. He'll tell you what's wrong with a situation, but won't tell you how to fix it.

Thing is its all over the place for the past few years. I wouldn't even say its exclusively towards men. The women who aren't Storm are pretty helpless too.

He seems to be a bit of a fatalist. He'll tell you what's wrong with a situation, but won't tell you how to fix it.
    Which is funny since he broke it in the first place.

Maybe he just doesn't know how to fix it.

I would argue Storm is the worst kind of helpless. A strong powerful woman who can't uplift others. Nothing weaker than that condition in my opinion. I was just so disappointed. Even her basic talk with Nakia could have been a simple thank you and her getting to know HER, the woman who built the army she claimed to be interested in. Storm isn't the type to talk someone up or down from second hand knowledge. The scene just didn't feel authentic for me and i know Coates is a smart man. The words used were so meticulous. it was a very well thought out conversation on the state of men and what to expect from relations with them from what i deem a very smart man and for what i am suppose to believe was an emotional Ororo.

Your last line is EXACTLY it. Instead he sort of tells you it is what it is and accept it and i can't connect with that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

oh my goodness. not true. shuri, nakia, the Dora, nunakia even zenzi have not been helpless.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-04-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is very interesting. what in particular that he wrote came across as feeling as such? that he himself has been hurt.
    I don't know but that's primarily what the word feel like and what i conclude when i think back on his run but i'm not saying it's viscious. I think he is just as much a victim of his views as those who may be confused by the message. This is not a man who is easy on himself for being a man.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

oh my goodness. not true. shuri, nakia, the Dora, nunakia even zenzi have not been helpless.
    I mean emotionally/psychologically helpless.

Shuri thinks its okay for women to be raped as long as the golden city doesn't fall. Encourages Tchalla to adopt another system of govt. because they cant come up with one on their own.

Nakia could have had a relationship with Tchalla and now is on the outside looking in. To me a strong women would have said he's my man, when and if he gets his memories back, we'll deal with it then.

The Doras spent most of the first arc crying about one thing or another. Almost lost it all to a squad of Hatut. Then sided with men who do the same thing they were rebelling against.

Zenzi works with Nazis. I don't think that needs further explanation. lol

BANNED

you dont like the hadari yao do you?
    I don't have an opinion on that whole thing one way or the other as I've not read it. I found the typo amusing.

I don't know but that's primarily what the word feel like and what i conclude when i think back on his run but i'm not saying it's viscious. I think he is just as much a victim of his views as those who may be confused by the message. This is not a man who is easy on himself for being a man.
    I'm not sure I agree with him necessarily not being easy on himself for being a man (his captain America people say is quite the opposite), but maybe he is sending a message about what it means to be a black man. that is ok to show emotion and to not always be on the top of your game. maybe the message gets is sending is the greatest thing a black man can do is love and uplift the black female. but I guess it's all about perspective here.

I mean emotionally/psychologically helpless.

Shuri thinks its okay for women to be raped as long as the golden city doesn't fall. Encourages Tchalla to adopt another system of govt. because they cant come up with one on their own.

Nakia could have had a relationship with Tchalla and now is on the outside looking in. To me a strong women would have said he's my man, when and if he gets his memories back, we'll deal with it then.

The Doras spent most of the first arc crying about one thing or another. Almost lost it all to a squad of Hatut. Then sided with men who do the same thing they were rebelling against.

Zenzi works with Nazis. I don't think that needs further explanation. lol
    1. shuri has been nothing but strength (if you ignore the synergy stuff associated with her comic). ik not sure how you conclude she is ok with rape camps but but being the living librarian of the wakandan people shows an immense amount of not only strength but knowledge and wisdom. also rape camps didnt start with coates. this idea of exploiting women occurred when hudlin was around as well.

2. Nakia called the relationship a petty fling and chose to fight for the freedom of her people instead of her desires of her heart. Thar to me again shows an immense amount of courage.

3. The Dora fought to be able to have a voice and not simply be tchallas devoted and voiceless foot soldiers. In the end after getting assurances from tchalla they fought to defend their nation.

4. regardless of who she is fighting with she is still a strong woman, albeit a villain.

I'm not sure I agree with him necessarily not being easy on himself for being a man (his captain America people say is quite the opposite), but maybe he is sending a message about what it means to be a black man. that is ok to show emotion and to not always be on the top of your game. maybe the message gets is sending is the greatest thing a black man can do is love and uplift the black female. but I guess it's all about perspective here.
    But how can you truly uplift anyone if you can't uplift yourself. How am i to even know what it feels like. Empathy isn't selfish but thinking about yourself sometimes its made to seem like it is. But don't you have to be empathic with you to truly understand empathy. Maybe i just need to understand things in my way too much and i admit that could be a problem but i think if i can't show empathy for me how can i show it for others. If i can't objectively look at my own state and go you may have been hurt when you said that, how can i really delve into the message to find the root. I give coates credit for being an intellectual but at the end of the day, is it not easier for a black man to write a great white man that he can't fundamentally connect with than it is or him to write a black man that he himself might not be able to get over his own inherent biases as a black man to connect with. I don't know his experiences but i would say they are more female sensitive and that isn't a bad thing but i don't think he's presentin a postive to the black male image. Is it a negative, from the outside? no. but from the inside it is. And i ask myself why is he asking young black men to ask and receive so many negative perceptions about themselves without supplying inherent extra positives. I mean it's okay to make someone look at themselves and find an answer but for young men with impressionable minds i wish he provided more concrete visuals on what they could be rather than just leaving them with question they may be ill prepared to answer. It doesn't feel forward moving. It's okay to sometimes hold the audience by the hand when you want them to see there is a better choice.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Okay, this is way off topic but look at this poor guy. LOL. Poor man (?) sat down to have a quiet meal after the moon base was attacked and here comes Ororo and he has to sit through an awkward conversation between two women. LOL. Why in the hell didn't he make an escape the minute Ororo mentioned that she and Nakia were in love with the same man. I would've loved to have seen his face when he realized they were about to have that kind of talk. But no, dude just keeps eating and doesn't move an inch. Okay, back to normal programming.

Attachment 89041