Page 524 of 662 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. shuri has been nothing but strength (if you ignore the synergy stuff associated with her comic). ik not sure how you conclude she is ok with rape camps but but being the living librarian of the wakandan people shows an immense amount of not only strength but knowledge and wisdom. also rape camps didnt start with coates. this idea of exploiting women occurred when hudlin was around as well.

2. Nakia called the relationship a petty fling and chose to fight for the freedom of her people instead of her desires of her heart. Thar to me again shows an immense amount of courage.

3. The Dora fought to be able to have a voice and not simply be tchallas devoted and voiceless foot soldiers. In the end after getting assurances from tchalla they fought to defend their nation.

4. regardless of who she is fighting with she is still a strong woman, albeit a villain.
    I can conclude it because she said it. In Hudlin, were they Wakandans doing it to other Wakandans?

Nakia said it wasn't a petty fling. Her wording is weird, but I took it to mean they were in a serous non fling relationship. Until the "Hoth converstion"

When was a Doras' voice ever stifled when not under Coates? They were the most respected and feared women in the country. Girls wanted to grow up to be them. But that only comes across in books that don't have Coates' name on it. lol. They didn't join the fight to protect the nation. They stood on the sidelines.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't have an opinion on that whole thing one way or the other as I've not read it. I found the typo amusing.
    gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But how can you truly uplift anyone if you can't uplift yourself. How am i to even know what it feels like. Empathy isn't selfish but thinking about yourself sometimes its made to seem like it is. But don't you have to be empathic with you to truly understand empathy. Maybe i just need to understand things in my way too much and i admit that could be a problem but i think if i can't show empathy for me how can i show it for others. If i can't objectively look at my own state and go you may have been hurt when you said that, how can i really delve into the message to find the root. I give coates credit for being an intellectual but at the end of the day, is it not easier for a black man to write a great white man that he can't fundamentally connect with than it is or him to write a black man that he himself might not be able to get over his own inherent biases as a black man to connect with. I don't know his experiences but i would say they are more female sensitive and that isn't a bad thing but i don't think he's presentin a postive to the black male image. Is it a negative, from the outside? no. but from the inside it is. And i ask myself why is he asking young black men to ask and receive so many negative perceptions about themselves without supplying inherent extra positives. I mean it's okay to make someone look at themselves and find an answer but for young men with impressionable minds i wish he provided more concrete visuals on what they could be rather than just leaving them with question they may be ill prepared to answer. It doesn't feel forward moving. It's okay to sometimes hold the audience by the hand when you want them to see there is a better choice.
    there was a lot to unload in this. I first want to ask how is he not presenting a positive to the black male image?

secondly, the only way you can empathize with someone is if an individual has personally experienced a hardship. the tchalla from hudlin's run was one who was prideful at the detriment of his marriage. this current tchalla is one who is humble and one who understands I'm not a man who can do it all. I'm not a man who is going to always make the right decisions and I will need help in that journey and that's ok. it mirrors in a lot of ways to ororo life and death journey when she lost her powers and had to be humbled in no longer being a goddess. that said, tchalla has lost a lot and is working to become whole again.

lastly, I think to hold your readers' hand is to assume they are not smart enough to be able to digest the material on their own. yes it would be much more easy to spell everything out but what is the fun in that?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

that's fair. any other theories as to what the cover could mean??
    It'll probably be Nakia temporarily taken over. It could also be one of those annoying story plots that shows the extent of T'Challa's feelings for her. Ororo did admit that she wasn't sure if things were really over between Nakia and T'Challa. Depending how this goes, she could be proven right or wrong. So far, Coates has shown T'Challa talking with Nakia about his hopes for them as a couple in peacetime before he regained his memory. Coates has also shown a conversation between Ororo and Nakia about Nakia and T'Challa. What Coates has yet to show readers is a conversation between Ororo and T'Challa about his feeling for these two women. I really want to see them have that conversation and have no idea why Coates has yet to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I can conclude it because she said it. In Hudlin, were they Wakandans doing it to other Wakandans?

Nakia said it wasn't a petty fling. Her wording is weird, but I took it to mean they were in a serous non fling relationship. Until the "Hoth converstion"

When was a Doras' voice ever stifled when not under Coates? They were the most respected and feared women in the country. Girls wanted to grow up to be them. But that only comes across in books that don't have Coates' name on it. lol. They didn't join the fight to protect the nation. They stood on the sidelines.
    1. where did she specifically say she didnt care about women being raped? I recall queen mother saying something akin to that but not shuri. so it makes it better when wakandan men rape nonwakandan women??

2. No she clearly said we would not have risked it all for a petty fling. now she could have been lying or trying to downplay her feelings but she called what they had a petty fling.

3. girls wanted to grow up to be Dora's but it was understood they were to be fully devoted to tchalla. and the Dora's fought to protect their nation. see season two of black of panther for proof of this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Okay, this is way off topic but look at this poor guy. LOL. Poor man (?) sat down to have a quiet meal after the moon base was attacked and here comes Ororo and he has to sit through an awkward conversation between two women. LOL. Why in the hell didn't he make an escape the minute Ororo mentioned that she and Nakia were in love with the same man. I would've loved to have seen his face when he realized they were about to have that kind of talk. But no, dude just keeps eating and doesn't move an inch. Okay, back to normal programming.

Attachment 89041
    lmfao. if he was a nosy bish like me he would have sat quiet and tried to act like he wasnt there so he could get as much tea as possible. and since I'm assuming he did stay there the dude must exactly like me lololol.

It'll probably be Nakia temporarily taken over. It could also be one of those annoying story plots that shows the extent of T'Challa's feelings for her. Ororo did admit that she wasn't sure if things were really over between Nakia and T'Challa. Depending how this goes, she could be proven right or wrong. So far, Coates has shown T'Challa talking with Nakia about his hopes for them as a couple in peacetime before he regained his memory. Coates has also shown a conversation between Ororo and Nakia about Nakia and T'Challa. What Coates has yet to show readers is a conversation between Ororo and T'Challa about his feeling for these two women. I really want to see them have that conversation and have no idea why Coates has yet to show it.

this is an interesting theory. I'm still not convinced he would do all of this work only to have tchalla and nakia to be a thing in the end but time will most certainly tell us soon enough. all in all, we do know tchalla told ororo of their "petty fling" so that is comforting to me.

1. where did she specifically say she didnt care about women being raped? I recall queen mother saying something akin to that but not shuri. so it makes it better when wakandan men rape nonwakandan women??

2. No she clearly said we would not have risked it all for a petty fling. now she could have been lying or trying to downplay her feelings but she called what they had a petty fling.

3. girls wanted to grow up to be Dora's but it was understood they were to be fully devoted to tchalla. and the Dora's fought to protect their nation. see season two of black of panther for proof of this.
    If its the scene im thinking about it wasn't Wakandans at all.
    In the epilogue issue the random women ask the question and Shuri is the one who answers saying yes they should not have saved you if it meant the golden city falls.

I took it as if it was just a fling we wouldn't have done it, but because we did, it was serious.

They fought to get back their leaders who got captured. The only reason Nakia and Ayo went on the mission was to free QDJ. They didn't become loyal again until after the fight was over.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-04-2019 at 06:24 PM.

lmfao. if he was a nosy bish like me he would have sat quiet and tried to act like he wasnt there so he could get as much tea as possible. and since I'm assuming he did stay there the dude must exactly like me lololol.

this is an interesting theory. I'm still not convinced he would do all of this work only to have tchalla and nakia to be a thing in the end but time will most certainly tell us soon enough. all in all, we do know tchalla told ororo of their "petty fling" so that is comforting to me.
    Well, it's not really a theory. However, I don't think Coates will make Nakia a bad guy here. If he did then that would make so many characters look like fools for believing in her--including T'Challa and now Ororo.

If its the scene im thinking about it wasn't Wakandans at all.
    In the epilogue issue the random women ask the question and Shuri is the one who answers saying yes they should not have saved you if it meant the golden city falls.

I took it as if it was just a fling we wouldn't have done it, but because we did, it was serious.

They fought to get back their leaders who got captured. The only reason Nakia and Ayo went on the mission was to free QDJ. They didn't become loyal again until after the fight was over.
    1. you are right it wasnt wakanda it was sudan; however, the concept is still one that was shown by hudlin first.

2. that's the point, they didnt take it serious. nakia wouldn't let him remember.

3. regardless of their reason they still fought for their nation yes?

Oh, dude definitely sat through the entire convo because that image is at the end of their conversation. He got all the tea that day.

Well, it's not really a theory. However, I don't think Coates will make Nakia a bad guy here. If he did then that would make so many characters look like fools for believing in her--including T'Challa and now Ororo.
    that's one the greatest attribute of a spy to infiltrate and get the ones at the top to have the most trust in you. if she is a spy it would explain why her memories were not taken and why she so vehemently denied there could be spies amongst them.

Oh, dude definitely sat through the entire convo because that image is at the end of their conversation. He got all the tea that day.
    lmfao I thought that conversation was at the beginning of their exchange lolololol. you know he went over to spill all the tea after they left the table lolol.

1. you are right it wasnt wakanda it was sudan; however, the concept is still one that was shown by hudlin first.

2. that's the point, they didnt take it serious. nakia wouldn't let him remember.

3. regardless of their reason they still fought for their nation yes?
    Hudlin first? Don McGregor had Queen Ramonda chained and raped for years. The difference between Hudlin and others, he prevented it from happening to begin with. Whether its Storm shocking those men or Shuri killer her attackers. Everyone else stopped after it already was ongoing.

I think its going to come down to how the sentence is interpreted. I still say they had a serious relationship and Nakia called it off in the Hoth scene. Because if there was nothing serius between them, why tell Nakia he had thought of a life with her after the war? Why have Storm talk to her? If nothing happened, this is a pointless plot point. lol

No, they fought to get their leaders back. Wakanda didn't factor into it if I remember the conversation correctly.

Hudlin first? Don McGregor had Queen Ramonda chained and raped for years. The difference between Hudlin and others, he prevented it from happening to begin with. Whether its Storm shocking those men or Shuri killer her attackers. Everyone else stopped after it already was ongoing.

I think its going to come down to how the sentence is interpreted. I still say they had a serious relationship and Nakia called it off in the Hoth scene. Because if there was nothing serius between them, why tell Nakia he had thought of a life with her after the war? Why have Storm talk to her? If nothing happened, this is a pointless plot point. lol

No, they fought to get their leaders back. Wakanda didn't factor into it if I remember the conversation correctly.
    1. oh really I didnt know that. well then my point really holds true that this was a phenomenon in wakanda well before coates lol. wait remind me of the issue with shuri again? I think I might be mixing up coates with hudlin. but rather it happened before or after it still was one common theme abs that is the perversion of men. that was common.

2. I think he told her this because he was tired of denying his feelings xir her because of a ghost. ororo talked to her because his feelings were very real as are her feelings (unless she is a spy and things got complicated so she shut it down before it could go further).

you may be right I cant remember that far back so i will concede them as an example lol.

1. oh really I didnt know that. well then my point really holds true that this was a phenomenon in wakanda well before coates lol. wait remind me of the issue with shuri again? I think I might be mixing up coates with hudlin. but rather it happened before or after it still was one common theme abs that is the perversion of men. that was common.

2. I think he told her this because he was tired of denying his feelings xir her because of a ghost. ororo talked to her because his feelings were very real as are her feelings (unless she is a spy and things got complicated so she shut it down before it could go further).

you may be right I cant remember that far back so i will concede them as an example lol.
    Sorry, I thought you knew the story. Ramonda was kidnapped by a white South African when she visited her home country when Tchalla was little. She wasn't recovered until after he became Black Panther. Shuris' moment was in an issue of "Back to Africa". The difference is you expect that behavior from bad people. But Coates has it blanketed on men in general.

This sounds like that episode of "Boy Meets World" were Cory stayed up all night and talked to a girl. It became a big thing an nothing happened.

that's one the greatest attribute of a spy to infiltrate and get the ones at the top to have the most trust in you. if she is a spy it would explain why her memories were not taken and why she so vehemently denied there could be spies amongst them.
    That's very true and T'Challa would feel like **** and totally played. I'm unsure if that's the route Coates will take, and, if he does, then the split face image would be a total spoiler.