Page 529 of 662 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Ororo is not T'Challa and Wakanda is a nation, not a band of heroes.

You are mis-reading my response about Franklin. I didn't criticize T'Challa for helping Thunderball turn his life around. I'm criticizing Coates for shooting his own efforts in the foot by having Sue Storm basically tell Franklin he's still just a criminal.
    I understand that. however, just as tchalla has a duty to his countrymen so does ororo as it relates to protecting innocents, especially mutants.

and I know. i guess i forgot to mention that he may have gotten something from editorial saying he had to make him a villain again. hes not an idiot and he is very methodical in the things he writes.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol I was calling him thunderball lol.

and maybe it was inevitable he would return to his origins. there could have also been a mandate by editorial to make him a villain agan.
    He is Thunderball, that was my bad.

No, in the story, Franklin was actually someone undercover who was trying to help Steve. He wasn't acting villainous at all. And even if it was a mandate by editorial, why would Coates agree to turn a character that he was trying to reform into a villain again? He could have just used someone else.

He is Thunderball, that was my bad.

No, in the story, Franklin was actually someone undercover who was trying to help Steve. He wasn't acting villainous at all. And even if it was a mandate by editorial, why would Coates agree to turn a character that he was trying to reform into a villain again? He could have just used someone else.
    oh ok lolol I was wondering lolol. no biggie boo.

and I'm not sure. just trying to show that it could have been other forces beyond his control working in the background that tied his hands in the matter.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I understand that. however, just as tchalla has a duty to his countrymen so does ororo as it relates to protecting innocents, especially mutants.

and I know. i guess i forgot to mention that he may have gotten something from editorial saying he had to make him a villain again. hes not an idiot and he is very methodical in the things he writes.
    It was T'Challa's choice to be king. If he was so unsure or had doubts, he could have also chosen to give up being king for good.

oh ok lolol I was wondering lolol. no biggie boo.

and I'm not sure. just trying to show that it could have been other forces beyond his control working in the background that tied his hands in the matter.
    Like I said, he didn't have to use him in the story. It made no sense to try to reform him and then turn him heel so quickly. No, he intended for Franklin to be a good guy in the story, he just won't let Sue acknowledge it, even as he was helping Steve. Why do it.

Like I said, he didn't have to use him in the story. It made no sense to try to reform him and then turn him heel so quickly. No, he intended for Franklin to be a good guy in the story, he just won't let Sue acknowledge it, even as he was helping Steve. Why do it.
    maybe this a reflection of sue, that is her unwillingness to forgive and allow people to change?

It was T'Challa's choice to be king. If he was so unsure or had doubts, he could have also chosen to give up being king for good.
    I think that is fair. but I also believe that considering his personality type he wouldnt give up that mantle. remember the little boy in space that encouraged tchalla to keep fighting towards victory. I believe even in moments when he is tired of fighting his empirical qualities take over and pushes him forward. wouldnt you agree?

maybe this a reflection of sue, that is her unwillingness to forgive and allow people to change?
    No, it's a reflection of Coates' bad writing. Why would Sue talk down to someone who just got his ass beat and risked his life to help one of her friends?

I think that is fair. but I also believe that considering his personality type he wouldnt give up that mantle. remember the little boy in space that encouraged tchalla to keep fighting towards victory. I believe even in moments when he is tired of fighting his empirical qualities take over and pushes him forward. wouldnt you agree?
    You wouldn't know it from the writing.

I don't know if you've read Priests' Panther but read Sturm and Drang. Best insight you will get of BP.

1. he doesnt inherit the BP mantle of course but he does inteherit the weight of trying to obtain that mantle being the orphan king. and is it expected he is always to pit the desires of those before his own? maybe that innate obligation caused an internal conflict within himself. ororo again went through a similar transformation when she lost her powers.

2. its healthy for them in this moment. they respect each other, support each other, are honest with one another and fight for each other. it doesnt get anymore healthy than that.

3. theremay have been nothing to forgive but tchalla most certainly felt bad for his chose to leave his sister.

4. whatever he ultimately did tchalla still tried and succeeded for a moment. again it was a positive aspect within the BP book.

But that weight goes away once he wins it and defeats Klaw to get revenge. He's been BP for at least a decade. I think its safe to assume that regardless of whether his father was killed, he was going to train to become BP.
    For the bolded; Or its just his personality. He put his Hells Kitchen mission before Storm too. So its not simply related to Wakanda. Its just who he is.

She chose to stay.

Its was borderline racism if I remember correctly. Why single Franklin out, but not give his friend the same chance which I think said friend made a statement about. Because if a white cop or politician did the same, we'd call it out.

No, it's a reflection of Coates' bad writing. Why would Sue talk down to someone who just got his ass beat and risked his life to help one of her friends?
    I really cant comment on the issue because I hsvent read it so I will concede this particular discussion. however, 8 will say there is always a rationale for his execution even if it isnt fully realized until months and months later.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    oh i've read it too and i agree but look how much different he treats Cap than he does Tchalla.
    I don't think anyone can deny that.
    The CLAWS would be out if he tried any of that nonsense with Cap that he does with Panther.

The first black regular writer on Cap America (Priest did CA & Falcon) and lets face this he is the highest profile black writer on an "A lister" book. Her is not nor is Marvel going to let him screw that up. Especially when the normal set of trolls have pretty much ignored him.

He must be doing something right because until today-that was one of the few Marvel books (Miles Morales & Carol Danvers are the other) that I don't see in a bin. Folks are buying the book and not dumping it.

Franklin puts his life on the line to help Steve and Sue pretty much dismisses him, What should have been a positive moment for Franklin was like a kick to the gut.
    Question how many criminals have Sue teamed with? Like her brother? Wasn't he charged for a crime like nuking Empire University? Or her husband? Tom Foster wants a word with her about a robot Thor and his uncle.
    Who is she to throw ANY stones?

Or is this Coates using her to insult yet another BLACK MALE?

I really cant comment on the issue because I hsvent read it so I will concede this particular discussion. however, 8 will say there is always a rationale for his execution even if it isnt fully realized until months and months later.
    Coates won't follow up on this at all and it won't be addressed again.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The CLAWS would be out if he tried any of that nonsense with Cap that he does with Panther.

The first black regular writer on Cap America (Priest did CA & Falcon) and lets face this he is the highest profile black writer on an "A lister" book. Her is not nor is Marvel going to let him screw that up. Especially when the normal set of trolls have pretty much ignored him.

He must be doing something right because until today-that was one of the few Marvel books (Miles Morales & Carol Danvers are the other) that I don't see in a bin. Folks are buying the book and not dumping it.

Question how many criminals have Sue teamed with? Like her brother? Wasn't he charged for a crime like nuking Empire University? Or her husband? Tom Foster wants a word with her about a robot Thor and his uncle.
    Who is she to throw ANY stones?

Or is this Coates using her to insult yet another BLACK MALE?
    You know something....

You wouldn't know it from the writing.

I don't know if you've read Priests' Panther but read Sturm and Drang. Best insight you will get of BP.
    I havent read all of priests run. it's also on my lists of to dos once I finish up uncanny. is this how BP should always be written iyo?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But that weight goes away once he wins it and defeats Klaw to get revenge. He's been BP for at least a decade. I think its safe to assume that regardless of whether his father was killed, he was going to train to become BP.
    For the bolded; Or its just his personality. He put his Hells Kitchen mission before Storm too. So its not simply related to Wakanda. Its just who he is.

She chose to stay.

Its was borderline racism if I remember correctly. Why single Franklin out, but not give his friend the same chance which I think said friend made a statement about. Because if a white cop or politician did the same, we'd call it out.
    1. does it really go away though? based upon coates BP the weight of the mantle at times has been much to bear and even had to let his one true love go because if his duty to the throne. is that truly wrong for anyone to want to love. he has to always be on; he must always be perfect and selfless. this would become tiring for anyone especially if having to deal with all the responsibilities if a kingdom.

2. it doesnt mean he didnt feel bad about leaving her to die though.

3. maybe that's what coates was trying to draw attention to :/