Page 53 of 662 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I find it funny people who have been reading X-Men for a long time tell me Storm can only control Earths atmosphere and nothing else.

I be looking at them like this:

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I find it funny people who have been reading X-Men for a long time tell me Storm can only control Earths atmosphere and nothing else.

But when you correct them, you're being a fanboy/girl...sigh.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

What do Storm fans think of the material in the “Classic X-Men” back up stories?

The X-office as well as comic book fans have been trying to downplay Storm for years now. The idea of a capable and charismatic Black Goddess is too threatening to them.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm willing to wager 2 things.

1. Current Writers think it's stupid. And doesn't make sense *cough* *Cough* Thor can manipulate Temporal Storms, because it has the word "Storms" in it yeah like that makes sense *Cough* *Cough* same argument here LOL. I feel like CBR plays both sides and has like this huge double standard going on.
    2. They actually don't know that Storm can use her power no matter what environment she's in.

I read that article, I for one don't really take that article seriously, comics don't always have to make sense for the most part it's pure fantasy. But eh, we have scans that can disprove this crappy statement CBR is trying to push so i'm not really that worried about it.
    I agree with everything you say...I actually thought the very same thing (bolded) when I read the article. It's comics, it's fantasy...it really does not have to make scientific sense. Which is a major issue I have with certain writers who handicap characters (not just Storm) because THEY, in their limited imaginations, believe that certain power uses can't be plausible because..."science". That's why Claremont will always be the definitive writer...even with his quirks and short comings...because he fully engaged his imagination with these characters.

A lot for me to read & get caught up on !

For Storm fans who have not yet checked out the Stormitorium you should. Its a really good webisode series, and 2 new episodes are up (17 & 18 where Storm encounters Deluge):

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzbD2bFloyDpTatoM7X7gcg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree with everything you say...I actually thought the very same thing (bolded) when I read the article. It's comics, it's fantasy...it really does not have to make scientific sense. Which is a major issue I have with certain writers who handicap characters (not just Storm) because THEY, in their limited imaginations, believe that certain power uses can't be plausible because..."science". That's why Claremont will always be the definitive writer...even with his quirks and short comings...because he fully engaged his imagination with these characters.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. You hit the nail on the head. But it's whatever I think CBR is just reaching really.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    A lot for me to read & get caught up on !

For Storm fans who have not yet checked out the Stormitorium you should. Its a really good webisode series, and 2 new episodes are up (17 & 18 where Storm encounters Deluge):

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzbD2bFloyDpTatoM7X7gcg
    Thanks for sharing. I like what they have done and I def subscribed.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I really hope all this faith in the MCU when it comes to the X-men is rewarded...
    Attachment 78615
    I am going to set aside the racial reasons of why I think Fox diminished Storm and the X-Men and focus only on why I think Disney will do better. Our faith in the MCU will prove out due to the fact that Disney is more of a long-term, systems thinker than Fox.

Fox centered their X-Men movies on ONE popular character, (first Wolverine and then Mystique). The limited scope of their vision only allowed them to really push one character. And not just push, they had to shoehorn their "star" into everything and diminish other characters so their anointed one would shine brighter.

Conversely, Disney built a cinematic universe in which multiple characters have a chance to shine. They've taken lesser characters and made them made the stars. They don't look to diminish, they look to make as many stars as possible so they can keep raking on that cash hand over fist.

Given the smashing commercial and financial success of the Black Panther, Storm represents a revenue stream they'd be foolish to pass up. And Disney ain't no fool.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I hope so too ya'll... I just want to see a scene where a village dances and celebrates as it starts to rain... and the camera pans up and zooms in on Storm in the sky, in all her glory bringing the elements to her people...

Attachment 78733

They recreate this image... I'll become a fool in the theater...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am going to set aside the racial reasons of why I think Fox diminished Storm and the X-Men and focus only on why I think Disney will do better. Our faith in the MCU will prove out due to the fact that Disney is more of a long-term, systems thinker than Fox.

Fox centered their X-Men movies on ONE popular character, (first Wolverine and then Mystique). The limited scope of their vision only allowed them to really push one character. And not just push, they had to shoehorn their "star" into everything and diminish other characters so their anointed one would shine brighter.

Conversely, Disney built a cinematic universe in which multiple characters have a chance to shine. They've taken lesser characters and made them made the stars. They don't look to diminish, they look to make as many stars as possible so they can keep raking on that cash hand over fist.

Given the smashing commercial and financial success of the Black Panther, Storm represents a revenue stream they'd be foolish to pass up. And Disney ain't no fool.
    I feel the same way. If Storm is given the opportunity Disney should have her shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I hope so too ya'll... I just want to see a scene where a village dances and celebrates as it starts to rain... and the camera pans up and zooms in on Storm in the sky, in all her glory bringing the elements to her people...

Attachment 78733

They recreate this image... I'll become a fool in the theater...
    And I'll be right there with you. I am really hoping and praying she gets the shine she deserves when the X-family goes to Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    What do Storm fans think of the material in the “Classic X-Men” back up stories?
    Why did all you Storm fans ignore my question?

BANNED

When did you ask this???

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

To answer your question...since you insist.
    I personally found them to be just...alright. The only significantly interesting one for me (were there many others? I forget) was where she encounters M'Rin and C'Jime. Other than that...Enh!