Page 530 of 662 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates won't follow up on this at all and it won't be addressed again.
    I remember hearing the same thing about coates not following up on what happened to bast and the wakandan gods.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I remember hearing the same thing about coates not following up on what happened to bast and the wakandan gods.
    LMAO three volumes later we still don't know. Lol. What exactly did happen the wakandian gods and the orisha?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The CLAWS would be out if he tried any of that nonsense with Cap that he does with Panther.

Or is this Coates using her to insult yet another BLACK MALE?
    Oh it definitely is imo. Just look, there isn't one line about what a good man Tchalla is that can be produced but i can produce some panels talking about what a SYMBOL cap is. How IMPORTANT he is. how much he DOES for the people. And then you have rape camps and a king that turns a blind eye to his own people suffering while touting Wakanda forever.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I havent read all of priests run. it's also on my lists of to dos once I finish up uncanny. is this how BP should always be written iyo?

1. does it really go away though? based upon coates BP the weight of the mantle at times has been much to bear and even had to let his one true love go because if his duty to the throne. is that truly wrong for anyone to want to love. he has to always be on; he must always be perfect and selfless. this would become tiring for anyone especially if having to deal with all the responsibilities if a kingdom.

2. it doesnt mean he didnt feel bad about leaving her to die though.

3. maybe that's what coates was trying to draw attention to :/
    Based on the weigh Coates writes it is the point. lol
    Bolded. He wasn't King at the time. He just loves Wakanda more than her. Just like Okoye in the movie. Wakanda is worth it to them. Which is why its a shame the way Coates writes it.

For #3. But that is the issue with Coates' entire run. You shouldn't change the fundamentals of a country or character just to deliver a message. What if they had Spider-Man abusing MJ regularly just to bring attention to domestic violence?

Or to make it relevant to this thread. Skin bleaching is a real world issue. What if the writers decided that the reason Storm appears lighter in these recent books is because she bleaches her skin?
    Last edited by Cville; 11-05-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LMAO three volumes later we still don't know. Lol. What exactly did happen the wakandian gods and the orisha?
    yea we do. bast explained they left to attend to the wakandans on the edge of the galaxy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yea we do. bast explained they left to attend to the wakandans on the edge of the galaxy.
    thats why bast left.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

thats why bast left.
    I was most certain they all left for the same reason as they disappeared at the same time

I was most certain they all left for the same reason as they disappeared at the same time
    thats not what the issues said. but maybe. another thing we'll have to guess at.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Problem is the way its written it doesn't help with continuity. Those Wakandans had been there for 2000 years. Why choose now go. The last time we officially saw Bast pre Coates was Tchalla getting his KotD powers I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Based on the weigh Coates writes it is the point. lol
    Bolded. He wasn't King at the time. He just loves Wakanda more than her. Just like Okoye in the movie. Wakanda is worth it to them. Which is why its a shame the way Coates writes it.

For #3. But that is the issue with Coates' entire run. You shouldn't change the fundamentals of a country or character just to deliver a message. What if they had Spider-Man abusing MJ regularly just to bring attention to domestic violence?

Or to make it relevant to this thread. Skin bleaching is a real world issue. What if the writers decided that the reason Storm appears lighter in these recent books is because she bleaches her skin?
    1. but it always has been that. wakanda has always been worth more to him than anything, even his well-being. isnt it good that we get a chance to see a different take on how he handles these issues that most would have been given up on trying to manage? it's no different from ororo wanting to stop leading the xmen though ger reasons were stupid but it's kinda of the same premise. sometimes people need to ro be allowed the opportunity to breathe

2. I see your point but to be fair we did see a bit of thos prejudices come out during the superheroes registration from Reed. again though these are heroes they are still human at the end of the day.

3. maybe she does have some skin bleaching products in her possession. lol but I see your point.

thats not what the issues said. but maybe. another thing we'll have to guess at.
    isnt bast the main wakandan diety? whatever she says or goes so do the others.

BANNED

Actually, we know the reason it's just dumb.

Bast Left Wakanda because she found better worshipers and Bast never denied that fact.

isnt bast the main wakandan diety? whatever she says or goes so do the others.
    So where are they now? Bast was on the ship alone, and was talking to BP alone.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Actually, we know the reason it's just dumb.

Bast Left Wakanda because she found better worshipers and Bast never denied that fact.
    Still doesn't explain where the other gods are. Where the orisha are. What exactly are the Orisha? How long ago did they disappear or appear. For such a long thread hes suppose to be exploring i don't feel i know much more about them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So where are they now? Bast was on the ship alone, and was talking to BP alone.
    bast hasn't fully been fully restored. njadaka still has most of her power