Page 535 of 662 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    the actress and i do not want Storm introduced through a different franchise.
    i kinda see this how ww was introduced in Dceu. she made some cameos in the bvs movie only for it to be followed up with a subsequent solo. this is what I'm hoping will happen with storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's a great point. I mean when have we ever seen mutants persecuted in wakanda (ignoring nehzho)? hell before avx the xmen were welcomed there. so I dont see any mutants wanting to leave to some far off place when wakanda is the most technologically advanced country in the world.
    it could be easily written they were treated different after the phoenix five which would make sense. But before then i can't remember an issue wakandians had with mutants. Nehzno wasn't accepted because his father was non-wakandian.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

i kinda see this how ww was introduced in Dceu. she made some cameos in the bvs movie only for it to be followed up with a subsequent solo. this is what I'm hoping will happen with storm.
    i don't want it. I want Storm to stand on her OWN as a character and we learn her connections through her. Not her showing up in a BP movie and then working backwards. Also i don't want her as a love interest for tchalla in the MCU because i want a younger Storm so she can grow on screen. But if they want to introduce her as a friend to Shuri i'll take that. But I think one line about a white haired african who controls the weather is MORE than enough.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

But then remember also in wakanda your wakandian first. it could be something as simple as some wakandians wanting to relinquish their status and go to krakoa. personally i don't think any wakandian citizen besides Nezhno for non-mutant reasons would want to leave to go to krakoa but if they did i can't see wakanda allowing it outside of nehzno.
    Barring some as of yet of unrevealed mutant oppression, I don't see many Wakandan mutants wanting to leave. By and large its been depicted as enlightened in terms of mutant rights. The real question is if the handful of mutants who would want to leave are allowed to do so. It's been established for decades that Wakandans are free to travel the world (we've seen them go on vacation, immigrate, etc.) so I doubt T'Challa is barring them from leaving. Unless of course he feels there's some sort of security risk in allowing that, which has some validity I guess.

it could be easily written they were treated different after the phoenix five which would make sense. But before then i can't remember an issue wakandians had with mutants. Nehzno wasn't accepted because his father was non-wakandian.
    yea that would be true only if we didnt see tchalla and the wakandan royals working actively and publicly with high profile mutants subsequent to that. and tchalla got rid of the ban of the xmen in wakanda in the wolverine title as well. it does make a lot of sense if they try to paint wakanda as such.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yea that would be true only if we didnt see tchalla and the wakandan royals working actively and publicly with high profile mutants subsequent to that. and tchalla got rid of the ban of the xmen in wakanda in the wolverine title as well. it does make a lot of sense if they try to paint wakanda as such.
    Tchalla also probably doesn't believe in rape camps but it happened. The people who got flooded by a mutant might not be as forgiving as their king.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Barring some as of yet of unrevealed mutant oppression, I don't see many Wakandan mutants wanting to leave. By and large its been depicted as enlightened in terms of mutant rights. The real question is if the handful of mutants who would want to leave are allowed to do so. It's been established for decades that Wakandans are free to travel the world (we've seen them go on vacation, immigrate, etc.) so I doubt T'Challa is barring them from leaving. Unless of course he feels there's some sort of security risk in allowing that, which has some validity I guess.
    Tchalla doesn't make all the decisions in the country anymore, Coates turned him into nothing more than a political figure head. He's basically the Queen Elizabeth of Africa now.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

i don't want it. I want Storm to stand on her OWN as a character and we learn her connections through her. Not her showing up in a BP movie and then working backwards. Also i don't want her as a love interest for tchalla in the MCU because i want a younger Storm so she can grow on screen. But if they want to introduce her as a friend to Shuri i'll take that. But I think one line about a white haired african who controls the weather is MORE than enough.
    I would love for the character to stand on her own but we must remember unfortunately the damage the fox studios have not only done to storm but to the xmen franchise as a whole. they have to let enough time go by so they can reintroduce the character. if Disney sees this as the best path forward I have faith. the made c list team into a billion dollar alist team. so I expect nothing less no matter what direction they decide with her

I would love for the character to stand on her own but we must remember unfortunately the damage the fox studios have not only done to storm but to the xmen franchise as a whole. they have to let enough time go by so they can reintroduce the character. if Disney sees this as the best path forward I have faith. the made c list team into a billion dollar alist team. so I expect nothing less no matter what direction they decide with her
    I disagree. I don't think they need to wait that long at all and if they do it's best to give her her own movie. Not as an appendage to some man. It would be a travesty if the first big name black super heroine wasn't given a chance to stand on her own before being tied to a man.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Tchalla also probably doesn't believe in rape camps but it happened. The people who got flooded by a mutant might not be as forgiving as their king.
    oh I totally agree here. I'm sure there are some who will forever despise mutants which is why I wiuldnt very surprised if a wakandan was there. I just hope ororo knows that one wakandan isnt reflective of tchallas thoughts or even that if the wakandan nation.

oh I totally agree here. I'm sure there are some who will forever despise mutants which is why I wiuldnt very surprised if a wakandan was there. I just hope ororo knows that one wakandan isnt reflective of tchallas thoughts or even that if the wakandan nation.
    But the conflict comes in when Tchalla puts his people first. If we are honest, that will be a day Storm is dragged for filth in the X-world if she were to find out about it and back down in anyway. I would lose respect for her. But again all this is premature. It just seems weird to me that they are reenforcing it if they want this to work. No treaty and now they have a wakandian working with the reavers. But it could be nothing i guess.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

It wouldn't make sense for Wakandans of all people to treat their own mutant population worse for the actions of foreign mutants. Ironically, Wakandan mutants probably died alongside their baseline brothers during Namor's flood. It'd be a retcon to show that Wakanda all of a sudden has this thing against mutants when thematically and historically that hasn't been the case. I don't have an issue with there being tension between Wakanda and Krakoa, but I'd like to think the X-office was more creative than turning it into a racist humans vs good mutants thing.

I disagree. I don't think they need to wait that long at all and if they do it's best to give her her own movie. Not as an appendage to some man. It would be a travesty if the first big name black super heroine wasn't given a chance to stand on her own before being tied to a man.
    this isnt like batman and batgirl, or superman and supergirl or wolverine and x-23. storm is her own character and always has been. however, tchalla still is very much a part of her origin story whether you like this or not and their interaction occurred well before she met the xmen or even before she became a goddess of the Kenya plains. the fact they have a shared history and would be potentially introduced in his movie doesn't mean she is tied to a man. hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It wouldn't make sense for Wakandans of all people to treat their own mutant population worse for the actions of foreign mutants. Ironically, Wakandan mutants probably died alongside their baseline brothers during Namor's flood. It'd be a retcon to show that Wakanda all of a sudden has this thing against mutants when thematically and historically that hasn't been the case. I don't have an issue with there being tension between Wakanda and Krakoa, but I'd like to think the X-office was more creative than turning it into a racist humans vs good mutants thing.
    agreed 100%. mutants being hated by wakanda just wouldnt make sense especially if they are native to wakanda.

this isnt like batman and batgirl, or superman and supergirl or wolverine and x-23. storm is her own character and always has been. however, tchalla still is very much a part of her origin story whether you like this or not and their interaction occurred well before she met the xmen or even before she became a goddess of the Kenya plains. the fact they have a shared history and would be potentially introduced in his movie doesn't mean she is tied to a man. hardly.
    She was a young girl then which i already said i would not have a problem with a Storm that is Shuri age doing something to help Tchalla which could still very much respect that history. But if they are going to start Storm close to Tchalla age then we lose some of HER story and thats unfair to a strong powerful character like her that should be able to stand on a character as her own without being tied to a man in another movie franchise before being backdated into her own. Again, that's just my opinion though.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.