Page 537 of 662 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    have you seem Batman Vs. Superman? Do you recall how Wonder Woman was introduced? did you see her solo and what transpired when it came out?
    No i had no interest in Batman vs. Superman and never saw it but i did watch and love the wonder woman movie. I also didn't think the first BP movie was that great. I love what it did for the community but i didn't think it was a great movie. I thought Thor Ragnarok was actually better. I laughed so much and it was about Thor. BP felt more about Killmonger than Tchalla.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

how is her making a cameo giving tchalla her story? the context in which she appears doesnt even have to directly tie to them meeting when they were younger. it could literally happen as it did for Wonder Woman in DCEU.
    Then what's the point? Why can't he appear in her movie as part of her past? Do you have reservations about a black female leading her own franchise?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Also wonder woman's name not being in the title says all i need to know about what Batman vs. Superman thought of Wonder Woman. They did it because they didn't think her movie would take off until she was introduced because they didn't believe in the strength of a female solo movie at the time.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

lmfao how would you reorder the list?

wait when did Hickman acknowledge the hadari yao?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    When did Hickman acknowledge Storm's Hadari Yao status?
    Lolol my bad, y'all. Speaking for myself I don't need the words Hadari Yao uttered to understand that Hickman as a writer is extending a professional courtesy by acknowledging Storm's ties to her homes outside of Krakoa. Its sacred to her but those aren't her only lands. Not to mention, Hadari Yao is of Wakandan dialect. It's highly unlikely that a non-wakandan would even know that name. Hickman gave an inch and Coates ran it a mile. He acknowledged that Krakoa is a priority for her and he spelled out her connections to Wakanda in no uncertain terms. Both writers appear to be collaborating on their shared idea of what Storm represents and that's quite enough for me to see that Hickman isn't taking away her ties to T'Challa and Wakanda.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No i had no interest in Batman vs. Superman and never saw it but i did watch and love the wonder woman movie. I also didn't think the first BP movie was that great. I love what it did for the community but i didn't think it was a great movie. I thought Thor Ragnarok was actually better. I laughed so much and it was about Thor. BP felt more about Killmonger than Tchalla.
    ok maybe that's why it isnt making sense. WW first appeared in Batman vs Superman. She didnt have a major part but she was snooping around places where Bruce Waybe so happened to be. Ultimately she got what she snooping around for but then went to help batman and superman beat the big bag ugly at the end of the movie. None of what happened in the movie gave away her origins save a black and white photo taken in the earlier party of the 20th century. Thereafter, her first origin story movie was released that explained her beginnings. I'm saying something similarly could happen for Ororo in black panther.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Then what's the point? Why can't he appear in her movie as part of her past? Do you have reservations about a black female leading her own franchise?
    the point is Disney is presumably going to be dropping the core team of mutants or maybe one or two in certain movies during phase 4 of their movies building up to when xmen movie drops in phase 5. if they want to build hype around this and tie the current franchise to the new this would make the most sense.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ok maybe that's why it isnt making sense. WW first appeared in Batman vs Superman. She didnt have a major part but she was snooping around places where Bruce Waybe so happened to be. Ultimately she got what she snooping around for but then went to help batman and superman beat the big bag ugly at the end of the movie. None of what happened in the movie gave away her origins save a black and white photo taken in the earlier party of the 20th century. Thereafter, her first origin story movie was released that explained her beginnings. I'm saying something similarly could happen for Ororo in black panther.
    So you would rather Storm be cast to fit into the black panther movie rather than Storm being casted to be Storm on her own. I don't get it. Because thats what they do in these movies they test them with those actors not the ones they would be working with in her solo or an x-men movie.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So you would rather Storm be cast to fit into the black panther movie rather than Storm being casted to be Storm on her own. I don't get it. Because thats what they do in these movies they test them with those actors not the ones they would be working with in her solo or an x-men movie.
    it really isn't about solely what I want. many, many people have been asking for ororo to appear in his movie based upon their history. and Disney wouldnt introduce an actor only to replace them with a new one. these people are very methodical when it comes to these things.

the point is Disney is presumably going to be dropping the core team of mutants or maybe one or two in certain movies during phase 4 of their movies building up to when xmen movie drops in phase 5. if they want to build hype around this and tie the current franchise to the new this would make the most sense.
    so you do want Storm tied to another franchise before she has a chance to shine on her own? you would rather her casted for BP than for her own movie or the x-men? That's confusing to me. Zack Synder got credit on Wonder Woman and did Justice League and Batman/Superman so he had a hand in all those movies i have not seen that happen in the marvel universe. So you want to saddle a director with someone elses choice of an actress for a movie that isn't even theirs?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Lolol my bad, y'all. Speaking for myself I don't need the words Hadari Yao uttered to understand that Hickman as a writer is extending a professional courtesy by acknowledging Storm's ties to her homes outside of Krakoa. Its sacred to her but those aren't her only lands. Not to mention, Hadari Yao is of Wakandan dialect. It's highly unlikely that a non-wakandan would even know that name. Hickman gave an inch and Coates ran it a mile. He acknowledged that Krakoa is a priority for her and he spelled out her connections to Wakanda in no uncertain terms. Both writers appear to be collaborating on their shared idea of what Storm represents and that's quite enough for me to see that Hickman isn't taking away her ties to T'Challa and Wakanda.
    oh ok I gotcha! I hope you are right. heck why am I not confident. bish you always right lol.

it really isn't about solely what I want. many, many people have been asking for ororo to appear in his movie based upon their history. and Disney wouldnt introduce an actor only to replace them with a new one. these people are very methodical when it comes to these things.
    But what about the chemistry with her costars in x-men and her own movie. Your already starting off Storm with a shackle on by trying to tie her to something else. I guess it's cool but not what this Storm fan wants. *shrugs*
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But what about the chemistry with her costars in x-men and her own movie. Your already starting off Storm with a shackle on by trying to tie her to something else. I guess it's cool but not what this Storm fan wants. *shrugs*
    I would be concerned with these things if we were dealing with fox but look how interwoven all the Disney movies have been. yes there have liberties taken but there are not nearly as timeline issues as there was with fox. and you may get what you want. she may appear as a tiny cameo kinda like captain marvel was introduced or she may not appear at all. but I wouldnt be surprised if she appeared in BP.

I would be concerned with these things if we were dealing with fox but look how interwoven all the Disney movies have been. yes there have liberties taken but there are not nearly as timeline issues as there was with fox. and you may get what you want. she may appear as a tiny cameo kinda like captain marvel was introduced or she may not appear at all. but I wouldnt be surprised if she appeared in BP.
    But all actors were still cast for the series they were suppose to star in. Again that is just my opinion. I rather disney wait and give Storm her OWN movie if she is going to appear outside of anything but x-men first. That way it is about HER amd she isn't forever tied to some man first. But again, that's just me. They could easily meet in an Avengers movie or a nod be given to their past there AFTER she has been established.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But all actors were still cast for the series they were suppose to star in. Again that is just my opinion. I rather disney wait and give Storm her OWN movie if she is going to appear outside of anything but x-men first. That way it is about HER amd she isn't forever tied to some man first. But again, that's just me. They could easily meet in an Avengers movie or a nod be given to their past there AFTER she has been established.
    assuming she would get a solo, Disney wouldnt solely just be casting her for black panther without thinking of how the actress would fit in future movies. and tying her to other things outside of her make it more epic. that's how Disney operates. these movies arent self-contained.

assuming she would get a solo, Disney wouldnt solely just be casting her for black panther without thinking of how the actress would fit in future movies. and tying her to other things outside of her make it more epic. that's how Disney operates. these movies arent self-contained.
    Ok i'm still more interested in Storm being casted for Storm. BP is a part of her history, not ALL her history and definitely not the biggest or longest part of it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.