Page 540 of 662 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 9921
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont necessarily think for ororo to be introduced into the mcu or BP movie it has to be done as a love interest. how I see it being done is tchalla faces a threat that requires ororo to assist. considering wakanda borders Kenya that wouldnt be too far fetched either.

also who knows, malice at some point may rear her ugly head lol.
    Oh, she most definitely does not need to be introduced as a love interest. However, considering their long romantic background, Disney would have to ignore this part of their backstory, alter it, or keep some of it to show their historical link to each other. As it stands, I'm unsure what it would add to have Ororo included in BP unless it's used to introduce mutants.

wait. they are getting another actress to play Spectrum?

Lashana Lynch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lashana_Lynch played Maria Rambeau in Captain Marvel. She is supposed to be the mother of Monica Rambeau. IMO, she did a great, underrated job in Captain Marvel. My point is that Disney lost a great opportunity to showcase an AA heroine with Captain Marvel. There's literally decades of stories with Monica Rambeau they could've pulled from. Now, that same actress has been picked up by the James Bond franchise and she will be the new face of that series.

Hannah John-Kamen played Ghost (Spectrum?) in Ant Man and Wasp. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4789912/bio

It would be awesome if Disney had Storm headlining their first solo with an AA heroine. They could make it happen, if they really wanted to. But they have to also think there is enough of a following and interest to bring in the bucks, which is what it all boils down to.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-07-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Lashana Lynch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lashana_Lynch played Maria Rambeau in Captain Marvel. She is supposed to be the mother of Monica Rambeau. IMO, she did a great, underrated job in Captain Marvel. My point is that Disney lost a great opportunity to showcase an AA heroine with Captain Marvel. There's literally decades of stories with Monica Rambeau they could've pulled from. Now, that same actress has been picked up by the James Bond franchise and she will be the new face of that series.

Hannah John-Kamen played Ghost (Spectrum?) in Ant Man and Wasp. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4789912/bio

It would be awesome if Disney had Storm headlining their first solo with an AA heroine. They could make it happen, if they really wanted to. But they have to also think there is enough of a following and interest to bring in the bucks, which is what it all boils down to.
    ok I didnt see captain marvel i.thought the younger version of spectrum appeared in cm. and it is unfortunate. I think marvel was going with pushing captain marvel as the strongest character in marvel they overlooked an opportunity they had with captain marvel. as sad as that they no not dontge same with ororo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Oh, she most definitely does not need to be introduced as a love interest. However, considering their long romantic background, Disney would have to ignore this part of their backstory, alter it, or keep some of it to show their historical link to each other. As it stands, I'm unsure what it would add to have Ororo included in BP unless it's used to introduce mutants.
    agreed! if they introduce storm I do see them altering a bit of how they interacted in the comics but with so many fans wanting to see them together I do see them at some point getting together down the line.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

agreed! if they introduce storm I do see them altering a bit of how they interacted in the comics but with so many fans wanting to see them together I do see them at some point getting together down the line.
    Whether BP/Ororo fans see them on the big screen as a romantic pairing might also depend on how many movies are still in Boseman's contract. Again, because Nakia/Lupita was so popular, for non-comic book fans to support the new pairing it would take maybe two movies to get people thinking of BP with someone other than Nakia. Nakia was a good character in BP, so I wouldn't want them to make her evil as a shortcut to setting up something with BP and Storm. Even if they did or, heaven forbid, killed her off, they would still need to show a proper mourning period for T'Challa.

The only way I can see Storm and BP getting together without too much pro Nakia and BP backlash was if BP 2 began with them no longer a couple. BP was part of the snap. It could be easy to have Nakia not been part of the snap and moved on while BP was dead for those five years. I still don't see that actually happening, though.

BANNED

im.sure people thought the same thing about black panther yet here we are.
    Okay. Tell me why you think all of that will happen.

BANNED

I absolutely agree on all of your points, although Disney did sleep on not having Captain Marvel be Monica Rambeau, who was in that role before the character of Carol Danvers had any claim.
    I love Monica, but she dumped that name long before Carol (who had a long association with Mar-Vell) took it. I didn't see that as an either/or, I love both of them.

BANNED

I still don't see that actually happening, though.
    Exactly, nor I. Which is my point: These franchises have intrinsic characters. Nakia, played by an Academy Award winner, is that to the Panther's film franchise. Ororo has always been intrinsic to the X-Men. She isn't to BP. She is never going to be a BP-centric character in film or print nor should she, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I love Monica, but she dumped that name long before Carol (who had a long association with Mar-Vell) took it. I didn't see that as an either/or, I love both of them.
    There's actually a long history of Marvel giving Rambeau a moniker and taking it from her. A guy on YouTube did a wonderful podcast on the history of and what he considers the mistreatment of Rambeau's character. If you are a fan of the character and interested, I could probably find a link to share. My only point was that the use of the Rambeau character could've been a really great move on Disney's part to have an AA female lead one of their movies. They still made history with Brie Larson in the role, especially on the successful heels of WW. Although, I do not think CM was written nearly as well as WW.

BANNED

No, I know all about it. I get why people love Monica, I have since the '80s. I just also thought the Mar-Vell/Carol/CM rebrand made perfect sense in print and onscreen, and I personally didn't feel it was an issue since Monica left the name behind ages ago. I'm glad they have plans for her. And I do think there needs to be a female hero of color with her own picture.

Exactly, nor I. Which is my point: These franchises have intrinsic characters. Nakia, played by an Academy Award winner, is that to the Panther's film franchise. Ororo has always been intrinsic to the X-Men. She isn't to BP. She is never going to be a BP-centric character in film or print nor should she, IMO.
    Well, no one is intrinsic in a franchise until they are. Anything can change if the movie makers wants it to. Hell, the upcoming Inhumans movie have classic characters that when they appear on the big screen will be a different gender and/or race/ethnicity than the original character. Again, few except comic book fans will know or even care. But the movie industry don't have to be, nor has been, faithful to character's comic book stories. Now, I'm not saying this will be the case for Storm, only that producers and directors don't limit themselves.

No, I know all about it. I get why people love Monica, I have since the '80s. I just also thought the Mar-Vell/Carol/CM rebrand made perfect sense in print and onscreen, and I personally didn't feel it was an issue since Monica left the name behind ages ago. I'm glad they have plans for her. And I do think there needs to be a female hero of color with her own picture.
    I agree that it does make sense, although I wish they would've done a better character-driven movie. A sequel to CM hasn't even been mentioned with Phase 4 or 5. It simply did not do as well as projected, which is a real shame.

BANNED

You mean the Eternals. And I get that. I just think it supremely unlikely they will want to a) oust Lupita, who's very popular and b) step on the fledgling X-Men rebrand before it begins just to put Storm outside of it. I also don't see a reason to do it for the character. It's only just recently with Coates that you have some people not seeing the BP/Ororo thing as a crass stunt from the 2000s which stripped her individual agency, and that's still a run with little cachet to the general public not reading any comics. I fear it would simply settle her into being an appendage to the BP franchise first and one of the greatest leaders of the X-Men second, and I couldn't abide that.

BANNED

I agree that it does make sense, although I wish they would've done a better character-driven movie. A sequel to CM hasn't even been mentioned with Phase 4 or 5. It simply did not do as well as projected, which is a real shame.
    It did well enough. They greenlit and officially announced it, so it likely is Phase 5 like others announced with no date yet.

You mean the Eternals. And I get that. I just think it supremely unlikely they will want to a) oust Lupita, who's very popular and b) step on the fledgling X-Men rebrand before it begins just to put Storm outside of it. I also don't see a reason to do it for the character. It's only just recently with Coates that you have some people not seeing the BP/Ororo thing as a crass stunt from the 2000s which stripped her individual agency, and that's still a run with little cachet to the general public not reading any comics. I fear it would simply settle her into being an appendage to the BP franchise first and one of the greatest leaders of the X-Men second, and I couldn't abide that.
    Yes, Eternals. Thank you. I'm not making an argument whether Disney should or should not, only that directors and producers don't limit their vision to what has been written in comics. I also agree, I believe I may have noted it earlier, that I don't see Lupita being let go from BP to make room for a yet to be cast Storm actress. We also don't know how many movies she's signed with them to do.