Page 541 of 662 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Okay. Tell me why you think all of that will happen.
    I think it will happen simply because she is the most popular female xmen character. Before and after the whole marvel bankruptcy issue her face was alongside thor, spiderman, hulk, thor, wolverine, captain America. you also factor into her being a black female character and it makes for even a greater reason to tap into the popularity of the character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Whether BP/Ororo fans see them on the big screen as a romantic pairing might also depend on how many movies are still in Boseman's contract. Again, because Nakia/Lupita was so popular, for non-comic book fans to support the new pairing it would take maybe two movies to get people thinking of BP with someone other than Nakia. Nakia was a good character in BP, so I wouldn't want them to make her evil as a shortcut to setting up something with BP and Storm. Even if they did or, heaven forbid, killed her off, they would still need to show a proper mourning period for T'Challa.

The only way I can see Storm and BP getting together without too much pro Nakia and BP backlash was if BP 2 began with them no longer a couple. BP was part of the snap. It could be easy to have Nakia not been part of the snap and moved on while BP was dead for those five years. I still don't see that actually happening, though.
    hmmm that's actually an interesting theory. I forgot he was a part of the snap. and how much time elapsed? 5 years. a lot can occur within that timeframe but that is a good theory for potentially end of their relationship.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I’m 100% against a BP/Storm pairing and would prefer her to appear in the X-franchise but if they get her voice, grace and look down and actually make her prominent like she should be then I will accept and be happy with any place she is introduced.

However if the opposite is true then all hell will break loose! No weak ass damsel love interest bs!

Niffleheim

I hate any form of love interest angling in comic book movies. They always fail, too soap opera-ish and cringey to watch. I hope we avoid it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    I’m 100% against a BP/Storm pairing and would prefer her to appear in the X-franchise but if they get her voice, grace and look down and actually make her prominent like she should be then I will accept and be happy with any place she is introduced.

However if the opposite is true then all hell will break loose! No weak ass damsel love interest bs!
    oh heck no. damsel in distress would definitely have me up in arms. the good thing is with her powerset I really dont see happening.

speaking of damsel in distress have you seen the solicit for uncanny giant where storm has to be saved by Jean and Emma?? no thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I hate any form of love interest angling in comic book movies. They always fail, too soap opera-ish and cringey to watch. I hope we avoid it altogether.
    1000% this. It's cringe to me that people want to see Storm and BP in BP together just cause they want a romance. Like can we get a storyline first, an intro, some developement. The Marvel U like has been said repeatedly is a big place but hey, lets tie her to waknada. No thanks. Then what happens when they do A vs x, i don't know how many years it will be but you just know that sh)t happening. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    1000% this. It's cringe to me that people want to see Storm and BP in BP together just cause they want a romance. Like can we get a storyline first, an intro, some developement. The Marvel U like has been said repeatedly is a big place but hey, lets tie her to waknada. No thanks. Then what happens when they do A vs x, i don't know how many years it will be but you just know that sh)t happening. lol
    people want them together because they belong together. just sayin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    speaking of damsel in distress have you seen the solicit for uncanny giant where storm has to be saved by Jean and Emma?? no thanks !
    Ororo in a story being saved by her best friend and a complicated teammate =/= Ororo being saved by a man.

Ororo in a story being saved by her best friend and a complicated teammate =/= Ororo being saved by former husband and current lover.
    yea the former is much worse. and I fixed that for you!!!

BANNED

Oy. Alright then.

Oy. Alright then.
    lolol you're welcome beloved.

Niffleheim

Ororo in a story being saved by her best friend and a complicated teammate =/= Ororo being saved by a man.
    In this genre whoever is being saved is seen as a damsel just like Ororo has done numerous times for Wakanda. Like why would they need her, considering the country's standing in the MU, unless the story or the writer dictated it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    In this genre whoever is being saved is seen as a damsel just like Ororo has done numerous times for Wakanda. Like why would they need her, considering the country's standing in the MU, unless the story or the writer dictated it?
    well Wakanda did fall to thanos and his forces. it would never hurt having a woman who can control the weather fighting in your corner could it?

https://www.screengeek.net/2019/11/0...etz-storm-mcu/

this is a bit odd considering shes tied to deadpool. I am so curious to see who fox will ultimately pick for storm

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Tchalla doesn't make all the decisions in the country anymore, Coates turned him into nothing more than a political figure head. He's basically the Queen Elizabeth of Africa now.
    No other writers are paying any attention to what Coates is doing. As far as they are concerned, T'Challa is still King of Wakanda.