Page 554 of 662 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates rightly deserves the blame he gets. Bad sales are one thing. Bad sales with a crappy story is another thing entirely.

And Priest made it to 60+ issues without renumbering and a lot of hoopla surrounding his arrival on the book.
    priest wrote for the title at a different time when comics were not a dying medium. a more fair comparison would be against hudlin and he experienced the same thing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thank GOD someone out there sees what i was trying to say. though she could have said it with less shade towards BP.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thank GOD someone out there sees what i was trying to say. though she could have said it with less shade towards BP.
    I think people are looking at it not as being a segway into a solo movie. I dont think her appearing in his movie would prevent this. that said, I did think of you when I read the article lol.

I think people are looking at it not as being a segway into a solo movie. I dont think her appearing in his movie would prevent this. that said, I did think of you when I read the article lol.
    no comment on the BP stuff. i'm just glad someone said it out loud. YES Shipp. Now i just need some vocal females to pick it up and run with it. LOL
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I cant agree with the article's opinion, being introduced in BP will not automatically make her a supporting background character, or she at least sure as hell will still be a far more importanf character than she ever was but they make it sound like itll be just as bad for some reason. It would make everyone far more hyped for the future of Storm if she was introduced like BP himself was, its not like his importance was reduced it was a great first step into the verse which her appearing in BP 2 would also be.

no comment on the BP stuff. i'm just glad someone said it out loud. YES Shipp. Now i just need some vocal females to pick it up and run with it. LOL
    shipp was being a hypocrite here. she was going around giving glowing remarks about her place as storm when fox were writing her checks but as soon as it was confirmed the xmen were going to Disney she changed tune in fact she was the one to suggest she should appear in BP lol.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...re-the-screen/

I would much rather they start Ororo off as younger and as a Princess of a nation in kenya so we can see a different part of her. They can have tchalla appear in her movie talking to her family that watch over her in a scene or something and Xavier can recruit her at the end of the movie which could create a conflict with a crown princess/goddess leaving her own nation. I'm not willing to take crumbs like others just because they want to see two black people together rather than spread it out.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Well, even with the Shade it still needed to be said.

I can agree to what she said. I mean if she were to feature in that movie what will Storm's role actually be. If she summons the Elements that cool, but to T'Challa's request here and there?....yeah no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, even with the Shade it still needed to be said.

I can agree to what she said. I mean if she were to feature in that movie what will Storm's role actually be. If she summons the Elements that cool, but to T'Challa's request here and there?....yeah no thank you.
    Lets be real if Storm shows up in BP2 all it's going to do is pit black people against each other. It will be Storm vs, Nakia for a man or the fans making it that way. But that to me says more about the people who want that. So instead of Storm having her own movie and we expanding the black side of marvel u they rather her introduce in his movie which is going to create notihng but battles between two black women. no thank you.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I cant agree with the article's opinion, being introduced in BP will not automatically make her a supporting background character, or she at least sure as hell will still be a far more importanf character than she ever was but they make it sound like itll be just as bad for some reason. It would make everyone far more hyped for the future of Storm if she was introduced like BP himself was, its not like his importance was reduced it was a great first step into the verse which her appearing in BP 2 would also be.

agreed! I think this will do wonders for the character and it will be awesome to see how they tie this to a solo movie!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

For me, it all depends on how Storm's character is used and if her inclusion in BP is done with the intent of launching her into her own movie. I don't think playing a supportive role to a headliner is in and of itself a bad thing for the supporting character. It's all in how that supportive character is used and whether the character has their own story arc within the movie. That makes a huge difference in the quality of a supporting character. But if the supporting character is only or mainly there to prop up the lead character then that is poor writing and use of quality characters. That is true for ANY movie, comic, tv show, or novel not simply Black Panther.

BANNED

Lets be real if Storm shows up in BP2 all it's going to do is pit black people against each other. It will be Storm vs, Nakia for a man or the fans making it that way. But that to me says more about the people who want that. So instead of Storm having her own movie and we expanding the black side of marvel u they rather her introduce in his movie which is going to create notihng but battles between two black women. no thank you.
    That's true. And for those who do not know or read comics it will seem like it's Storm intruding on Nakia and T'Challa's romance or like a Mistress etc. Basically, a Tyler Perry Trope UGH!!!

But, if Storm is to be in BP2 I hope the same momentum as the first Movie is the same here and that Storm gets more recognition.

I would much rather they start Ororo off as younger and as a Princess of a nation in kenya so we can see a different part of her. They can have tchalla appear in her movie talking to her family that watch over her in a scene or something and Xavier can recruit her at the end of the movie which could create a conflict with a crown princess/goddess leaving her own nation. I'm not willing to take crumbs like others just because they want to see two black people together rather than spread it out.
    I definitely think in her solo movie we will get her being born in America, her family leaving because of racism, her parents dying, her having to be a thief to survive, her killing the man who almost raped her, meeting a young tchalla followed up with her being a goddess in Kenya. they would need to give her a big bad to fight (maybe its shadow king) with Xavier ending helping her to defeat this where he asks her to join the xmen.

priest wrote for the title at a different time when comics were not a dying medium. a more fair comparison would be against hudlin and he experienced the same thing.
    Marvel just came out of bankruptcy when Priest took over. Both he and Hudlin never received the promo Coates has gotten and Priest was never given a new #1 to help boost sales.