Page 556 of 662 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    mmmm. bad promo alert. Storm already had an identity. This is a good example of what some worry about if she appears in BP2. lol
    Yeah, like Sue or Storm were going to be the next BP and lose their own identity. No one believed that either would become BP.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I said that in my post. That was the search for the next Panther and it was not a huge promotional effort. There was no media blitz outside of comics for this like it was for Coates.
    what do you mean by media blitz? where was coates book advertised outside of the comics? and despite this, the theory is BP fans will buy his book if the stories are good. his fans loved hudlin and yet it still met the same fate that coates is now experiencing. moreover, agents of wakanda isnt fairing well and it's on issue two. as I said people can blame coates but its more a reflection of the market and not him.

Yeah, like Sue or Storm were going to be the next BP and lose their own identity. No one believed that either would become BP.
    dont judge me - though I know you will - I thought was going to be it lol

Do not let Storm get intro'ed in BPII.

That would be a waste. Just let her come in with the rest of the X-Men. If they want her in a BP movie later on then fine. They can even put in easter eggs and hints about a young(20-22) goddess who disappeared a few years ago.
    they are going to do her just as they did tchalla. he didnt just have a solo movie. he appeared in another movie which was followed up with his solo.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    For me, it all depends on how Storm's character is used and if her inclusion in BP is done with the intent of launching her into her own movie. I don't think playing a supportive role to a headliner is in and of itself a bad thing for the supporting character. It's all in how that supportive character is used and whether the character has their own story arc within the movie. That makes a huge difference in the quality of a supporting character. But if the supporting character is only or mainly there to prop up the lead character then that is poor writing and use of quality characters. That is true for ANY movie, comic, tv show, or novel not simply Black Panther.
    agreed! I see her being one of the few xmen to have a solo just as we saw a solo for ironman, hulk captain America, etc. I think wolverine goes without sayin, storm, and then maybe a movie for O5 with Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I personally believe Storm would do well to be seen onscreen alongside women like Okoye, Nakia, Shuri and Aneka. Lack women don’t have to lose screen time because Storm shows up. Lol are we perpetuating the narrative that only one black woman can be on top at a time? Seriously?

I also don’t believe the X-men movies deserve a boost from the success of Black Panther. They still haven’t shown that they can play nicely and be respectful. A nod to a warrior goddess from the clouds would be nice, but ultimately the X-men don’t deserve it.
    oooohh bish I cant stand you!!! because you're absolutely correct the xmen dont. they really seriously dont. I will say as much as I didnt like Scott lobdell I could see there was an effort on his part to have other black characters central to the xmen besides storm. that doesnt say much though unfortunately.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Or are we perpetrating the stereotype that a black woman can't stand on her own with her own movie... hmmm guess it's perspective. As you said already there are a lot of strong black women in BP already so what's wrong with one getting her OWN movie instead of being shoe horned into an already strong cast.
    I guess it is perspective. As it stands Black Panther got his debut in someone else’s movie. Captain Marvel got her first nod in someone else’s movie. They both went on to get the OWN movie. How she’s introduced and whether or not she gets a debut movie like Captain Marvel are two totally separate topics. Something miss Shipp seems to have misunderstood. Aren’t we keeping that same energy for black women for black success?

I guess it is perspective. As it stands Black Panther got his debut in someone else’s movie. Captain Marvel got her first nod in someone else’s movie. They both went on to get the OWN movie. How she’s introduced and whether or not she gets a debut movie like Captain Marvel are two totally separate topics. Something miss Shipp seems to have misunderstood. Aren’t we keeping that same energy for black women for black success?
    I don't feel my energy for it aligns with yours but i don't think your energy is ingenuine for it. There are enough strong black women in BP. Now i need a strong black woman to stand on her own to show the world stop the lies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I personally believe Storm would do well to be seen onscreen alongside women like Okoye, Nakia, Shuri and Aneka. Lack women don’t have to lose screen time because Storm shows up. Lol are we perpetuating the narrative that only one black woman can be on top at a time? Seriously?

I also don’t believe the X-men movies deserve a boost from the success of Black Panther. They still haven’t shown that they can play nicely and be respectful. A nod to a warrior goddess from the clouds would be nice, but ultimately the X-men don’t deserve it.
    thank you! why are we missing this very point? none of these characters who had solo movies that destroyed the box office with their debut films (Wonder Woman, Black Panther) started off with just a solo movie.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you! why are we missing this very point? none of these characters who had solo movies that destroyed the box office with their debut films (Wonder Woman, Black Panther) started off with just a solo movie.
    so? Obviously as an Ororo fan i expect MORE for Storm than these other people. lol. I know she can stand on her own. Wish more of her fans felt the same but hey, it is what it is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

they are going to do her just as they did tchalla. he didnt just have a solo movie. he appeared in another movie which was followed up with his solo.
    T'Challa wasn't tied a team when he intro'ed either unlike Storm who has an anchor around her neck that is tied to the X-Men.

Why have her into in BP when she can debut in the X-movie? Like I said, it would be a waste.

T'Challa wasn't tied a team when he intro'ed either unlike Storm who has an anchor around her neck that is tied to the X-Men.

Why have her into in BP when she can debut in the X-movie? Like I said, it would be a waste.
    I want her OWN movie than an X-movie. I'm not changing my mind. I may not get what i want but i'm not changing it. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

it really boils down to what the fans want and what makes sense in terms of introducing her as a solo character. we may not get a full xmen movie for awhile just like it took for the first avengers movie.

and tchalla was still introduced in another movie before getting his solo .
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-11-2019 at 03:08 PM.

so? Obviously as an Ororo fan i expect MORE for Storm than these other people. lol. I know she can stand on her own. Wish more of her fans felt the same but hey, it is what it is.
    lolol I do too! she will be the first black female superhero to have her own solo comic that will shatter the box office numbers!!

I want her OWN movie than an X-movie. I'm not changing my mind. I may not get what i want but i'm not changing it. lol
    Keep hope alive bro . Maybe they can pull off a Storm solo but the problem will boil down to support cast and main villain, she doesn't have enough for a solo comic so it's even more difficult for a movie.

Her cast will have to be mutants, I don't see them not doing that and that's why they may as well do the X-Men movie.

But I have faith that Marvel Studios will do a far better job than FOX at doing an X-Men movie.

Keep hope alive bro . Maybe they can pull off a Storm solo but the problem will boil down to support cast and main villain, she doesn't have enough for a solo comic so it's even more difficult for a movie.

Her cast will have to be mutants, I don't see them not doing that and that's why they may as well do the X-Men movie.

But I have faith that Marvel Studios will do a far better job than FOX at doing an X-Men movie.
    I already gave them a perfect scenario that works. I know they lurking. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

hmmm shadow king, deluge, and potentially candra.

BANNED

Exactly this. They both got build up due to their epic introductions to the cinematic universe. Who says Wakanda can’t be the launching pad of other mythological lands or kingdoms scattered across Africa? Why wouldn’t Wakanda be linked to them? Asgard and the bifrost bridge can link to however many different realms? What really is the issue with Wakanda introducing us to a plethora of non-Wakandan black people? Hmmm...
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 11-11-2019 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

Lmao oop! At least she has her maternal grandmother that’s pretty elderly and her stereotypical evil warlord uncle running around.