Page 562 of 662 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was going to say something, but you covered it. lol
    well the gag is ororo shouldnt been featured either because she is a chocolate gurl! lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I've noticed that we think along the same lines in many aspects. I appreciate the genuine nature of your talking points and you give me warm fuzzy feelings. I appreciate you more than you know.

What's really sad is I tried to shake the feeling. I really did. I tried my best to ignore the glaring problematic undertones. The vide you and I both just caught was in reference to Storm living her life outside of the X-Men. Make no mistake about it. There's now this air of Storm as this home wrecking harlot that ruins T'Challa's new chance at love. It really exposes how some of her "fans" really view black women. I kept my tongue tho. We're talking about a woman that actually has history with both T'Challa and Wakanda dating all the way back to Eric Jerome Dickey's solo. Even before she knew T'Challa she knew a Wakandan man that looked at her as his daughter. Even if there's some contention about her as woman, being introduced to a new world due to her connection to a man, (very similar to her induction to the Avengers) it's still part of her mythos. What's really glaring for me tho is the ignorance to her powerset. How can a woman who was known for gallivanting all across Africa, not stumble into Wakandan airspace with her sky topography, energy sight, or her affinity for magic? There's no way Wakanda would have been able to hide form her power and the way we know she can apply them. I honestly don't understand how any self professed Storm fan can look down their nose at her all because Coates used her to have an intellectual conversation with Nakia devoid of any tired tropes of black women and their drama. I'm both dumbfounded and not at all surprised at the same damn time. The same people will then hold her portrayal by white writers as sacrosanct and above reproach, but her portrayal at the hands of black writers as nothing but a stain on her reputation. It really trips me tf out. At least BP's real diehard day ones keep that same energy and have a thoroughly understandable distaste for her character that's more than earned from the childish behavior of the many petty and unprofessional X-writers. This thread is quite eye opening in oh so many ways.
    So well said, I do agree with you as well that being that Kenya is so close to Wakanda how can they not have crossed paths which is why Im more baffled as to why there is an issue with her having a role in BP2 a la Civil War or BvS, those movies made an impressions with the characters where it had people salivating for a solo movie. Besides Ororo and TChalla have history together regardless that goes back a long way though that doesnt need to be touched on when it could be just them needing a heavyweight to battle Namor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I remember when some fans were outraged when she married BP.
    I personally never had an issue with them getting married it was such a big moment for me seeing them get married, my issue came with AvX when they fought and got there marriage annulled how that was handled it disgusted me and I didnt like how the writers handled that it seemed so out of character for them.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well the gag is ororo shouldnt been featured either because she is a chocolate gurl! lol
    They're just prepping you guys for her BP movie debut. So when articles complain Marvel will point to these comics and say "no we got it right".

They might go all the way and make David Monroe white.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-12-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They're just prepping you guys for her BP movie debut. So when articles complain Marvel will point to these comics and say "no we got it right".

They might go all the way and make David Monroe white.
    if they made any of her parents white there would be hell to psy lolol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    So well said, I do agree with you as well that being that Kenya is so close to Wakanda how can they not have crossed paths which is why Im more baffled as to why there is an issue with her having a role in BP2 a la Civil War or BvS, those movies made an impressions with the characters where it had people salivating for a solo movie. Besides Ororo and TChalla have history together regardless that goes back a long way though that doesnt need to be touched on when it could be just them needing a heavyweight to battle Namor.

I personally never had an issue with them getting married it was such a big moment for me seeing them get married, my issue came with AvX when they fought and got there marriage annulled how that was handled it disgusted me and I didnt like how the writers handled that it seemed so out of character for them.
    I agree the way it ended very ridiculously

That's a whole lot of white women.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That's a whole lot of white women.
    lmfao that's the same thing I thought when I saw this lolol.

Is this something new? A lot of these characters are wearing their older costumes.

And really, Storm & Psylocke are the only 2 women of color featured here? If this is something new, then I would have liked to have seen Shuri, Monica Rambeau, Misty Knight, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Girl (Arya), Snowguard, Ironheart, MAC, etc. all added to the mix.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Is this something new? A lot of these characters are wearing their older costumes.

And really, Storm & Psylocke are the only 2 women of color featured here? If this is something new, then I would have liked to have seen Shuri, Monica Rambeau, Misty Knight, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Girl (Arya), Snowguard, Ironheart, MAC, etc. all added to the mix.
    He did this back in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

its variant cover of some of the older looks.

and using the term color is very loose here. lol all the women of color look very pale too. it would have been nice to see some of the other women characters you mentioned.

Let the season of Storm in Black Panther 2 begin!!!

it is the hour of Storm!!!!

Where is the first pic from??? I love it

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Has to be fan art, but it looks amazing! I’d love for Storm to have braids again. And this is a good look for BP. Makes me think of a new potential team book with Storm and BP at the helm but a mix of X-Men, Avengers, and just for drama, some inhumans.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Has to be fan art, but it looks amazing! I’d love for Storm to have braids again. And this is a good look for BP. Makes me think of a new potential team book with Storm and BP at the helm but a mix of X-Men, Avengers, and just for drama, some inhumans.
    I am all for Storm wearing braids like she did in X-Treme, but that looks like weave and I am not here for that. I don't think Storm would be for putting fake hair in her head. I could be bitter though cause I want to know which shop she went to to get them done. LOL. I am a Black woman with hair that comes just below my shoulder blades in my back. I went to two different shops a couple of summers ago to get braids and was turned away. Told me my hair was too long and it would take too much time to give me braids. The African women wouldn't even do it for extra $.

That pic has a very American feel to it. It's different and I like it as a variant, but its not a look that I feel fits either character.

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    its art I saw on Twitter. I thought it was a really cute pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    this correct I saw this on Twitter. I love BP cut. he is so sexy. I'm waiting for my real life tchalla. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am all for Storm wearing braids like she did in X-Treme, but that looks like weave and I am not here for that. I don't think Storm would be for putting fake hair in her head. I could be bitter though cause I want to know which shop she went to to get them done. LOL. I am a Black woman with hair that comes just below my shoulder blades in my back. I went to two different shops a couple of summers ago to get braids and was turned away. Told me my hair was too long and it would take too much time to give me braids. The African women wouldn't even do it for extra $.

That pic has a very American feel to it. It's different and I like it as a variant, but its not a look that I feel fits either character.
    yea that would definitely be a weave. I like the look but I think ororo agrees with you lol: