Page 564 of 624 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9352
  1. #8446
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, MK definitely counts. It would be nice to see Ororo with more sistas. She gets some of that with Okoye and Shuri in BP. It's clear she is good friends with each of those women, which I love. BP and the Crew had some great character interactions, not just with Ororo and Misty and Ororo and T'Challa but also with Misty and Luke Cage.
    totally agreed!!! did you think there conversation about mayo was racist? curious to know your thoughts here.

    and just for the record I didnt.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #8447
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    totally agreed!!! did you think there conversation about mayo was racist? curious to know your thoughts here.

    and just for the record I didnt.
    I didn't think it was racist. I know people throw around the term "reverse racism," but that's a falsehood. African Americans, like anyone else, can be prejudiced and practice discrimination. But racism is a system of oppression reflected in a more powerful group being in control of institutions that impact the life of marginalized groups in society. Collectively, African Americans do not have the power to codify, for example, any prejudices they may hold against another group. AAs don't control any major systems that would allow them to oppress a group of people or even to create systems of privilege based on skin color.

    So, no, Misty and Ororo weren't being racist. I think they were legitimately talking about gentrification, which pushes many poor and working class African Americans out of certain neighborhoods that,once rebuilt, they cannot afford to move back into. Harlem definitely fits into this category. I thought Coates was addressing serious and relevant commentary about "black" communities. I really wish this comic hadn't been cancelled. He explored some oft ignored topics-meaning social issues that affect African Americans and the poor. That might be why the book didn't do as well as it could've. It wouldn't appeal to certain readers. Funny, though, considering that the X-Men is all about them being oppressed. But readers flock to that in a way they won't to oppression brought to light in a real life racial dialogue played out in comics.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.

  3. #8448
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I didn't think it was racist. I know people throw around the term "reverse racism," but that's a falsehood. African Americans, like anyone else, can be prejudiced and practice discrimination. But racism is a system of oppression reflected in a more powerful group being in control of institutions that impact the life of marginalized groups in society. Collectively, African Americans do not have the power to codify, for example, any prejudices they may hold against another group. AAs don't control any major systems that would allow them to oppress a group of people or even to create systems of privilege based on skin color.

    So, no, Misty and Ororo weren't being racist. I think they were legitimately talking about gentrification, which pushes many poor and working class African Americans out of certain neighborhoods that,once rebuilt, they cannot afford to move back into. Harlem definitely fits into this category. I thought Coates was addressing serious and relevant commentary about "black" communities. I really wish this comic hadn't been cancelled. He explored some oft ignored topics-meaning social issues that affect African Americans and the poor. That might be why the book didn't do as well as it could've. It wouldn't appeal to certain readers. Funny, though, considering that the X-Men is all about them being oppressed. But readers flock to that in a way they won't to oppression brought to light in a real life racial dialogue played out in comics.
    Yes agreed! Your point about gentrification in BP&C was why I was so upset the title ended. It brought the real life aspects black are marginalized and discriminated even within their own communities. And it is ironic. it goes to that saying everybody wanna be black but nobody wants to be black. and this is especially true when it highlights the myth that we live in a post racial society.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  4. #8449
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    It’s My Birthday Today!!!!! And today’s Topic is:

    STORMCASTER whether you like it or NOT!!!

    So, I’ll start off. I think it be a good idea for her to use it ONLY when it’s time Brawl due to the fact it increases her durability. I think it’s perfect for her to got toe to toe with Heavy Hitters. But it still keeps her Hadari Yao intact.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  5. #8450
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    361

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Itís My Birthday Today!!!!! And todayís Topic is:

    STORMCASTER whether you like it or NOT!!!

    So, Iíll start off. I think it be a good idea for her to use it ONLY when itís time Brawl due to the fact it increases her durability. I think itís perfect for her to got toe to toe with Heavy Hitters. But it still keeps her Hadari Yao intact.
    43595787-hand-painted-watercolor-greeting-card-happy-birthday.jpg

    I hope you have a great birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-14-2019 at 11:32 AM.

  6. #8451
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    It's unnecessary. And I absolutely LOATHE it.
    Storm does not need to be/or need help from an Asgardian Goddess of Thunder when she's a Goddess of the Storm in her own Divine African right.
    It was a very delightful story back in the day but...Stormcaster should have never been a thing after Storm rejected both the power and Loki.

    *just to be clear...when I refer to Storm as a Goddess, I'm not referring to her Hadari Yao status...which I feel is just as pointless, redundant and unnecessary as Stormcaster*
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-14-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  7. #8452
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It’s My Birthday Today!!!!! And today’s Topic is:

    STORMCASTER whether you like it or NOT!!!

    So, I’ll start off. I think it be a good idea for her to use it ONLY when it’s time Brawl due to the fact it increases her durability. I think it’s perfect for her to got toe to toe with Heavy Hitters. But it still keeps her Hadari Yao intact.
    happy birthday!!! I hope you are having an amazing day!


    and stormcaster no thanks. I still believe that once storm enters hadari yao mode her durability and strength increases herself so she wouldnt need to have the hammer. I believe the next time Coates has her go in this mode we will see this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #8453
    Fantastic Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It’s My Birthday Today!!!!! And today’s Topic is:

    STORMCASTER whether you like it or NOT!!!

    So, I’ll start off. I think it be a good idea for her to use it ONLY when it’s time Brawl due to the fact it increases her durability. I think it’s perfect for her to got toe to toe with Heavy Hitters. But it still keeps her Hadari Yao intact.

    She no longer has Stormcaster. I honestly found it annoying how she would be given the power of an Asgardian hammer only to have it taken away. I also don't think she needs to be imbued with so-called powers from Asgard. Every time she is, she transforms into some supposed version of Thor or an Asgardian, as if her being herself isn't enough. I don't mind the Hadari Yao part because Coates has made it clear that it comes from her and is part of her lineage. So, she isn't changing into anything from an external source but fully accepting her genetic gifts from her ancestors.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 11-14-2019 at 04:34 PM.

  9. #8454
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Why Thank You!!!! Your so sweet. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's unnecessary. And I absolutely LOATHE it.
    Storm does not need to be/or need help from an Asgardian Goddess of Thunder when she's a Goddess of the Storm in her own Divine African right.
    It was a very delightful story back in the day but...Stormcaster should have never been a thing after Storm rejected both the power and Loki.

    *just to be clear...when I refer to Storm as a Goddess, I'm not referring to her Hadari Yao status...which I feel is just as pointless, redundant and unnecessary as Stormcaster*
    Now, wait just a minute Homie!!! Storm doesn’t have to have help from Asgard. Is the Hammer Unnecessary? As of now? Yes. Is it still a good concept? Yes. Storm can still be a Goddess without Hammertime sure, but I think even with Hammertime it doesn’t take away her right of being a God.

    Look at this way. It’s a Godly weapon when can bash people’s face in. Savvy? :-)
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  10. #8455
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    She no longer has Stormcaster. I honestly found it annoying how she would be given the power of an Asgardian hammer only to have it taken away. I also don't think she needs to be imbued with so-called powers from Asgard. Every time she is, she transforms into some supposed version of Thor or an Asgardian, as if her being herself isn't enough. I don't mind the Hadari Yao part because Coates has made it clear that it comes from her and his part of her lineage. So, she isn't changing into anything from an external source but fully accepting her genetic gifts from her ancestors.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    happy birthday!!! I hope you are having an amazing day!


    and stormcaster no thanks. I still believe that once storm enters hadari yao mode her durability and strength increases herself so she wouldnt need to have the hammer. I believe the next time Coates has her go in this mode we will see this.
    I hear what y’all saying. But why can’t she have a weapon to bash people’s heads?
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  11. #8456
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I hear what y’all saying. But why can’t she have a weapon to bash people’s heads?
    why would she need a weapon when she could easily do it with her own power? and I think we have seen all we can with stormcaster. we need to see her abilities explored with hadari yao as there are already so many questions regarding this ability.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #8457
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,695

    Default

    I have to give credit to Stormphoenix for this find. In the latest issue of Agents of Wakanda Tchalla uses Ororo's name for his password to establish communication with his ship. This is soooooooo freaking cute:





    I love me some love like this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #8458
    Astonishing Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I have to give credit to Stormphoenix for this find. In the latest issue of Agents of Wakanda Tchalla uses Ororo's name for his password to establish communication with his ship. This is soooooooo freaking cute:





    I love me some love like this.
    Now, I don’t like BP, but honestly and IMO.

    I think T’Challa is more interesting when he not focused on Wakanda specifically.
    Ororo Munroe(Bright Lady), Hadari Yao, The Cloud Runner, Goddess of the People.
    Goddess of the Storm.
    #StormsMootyPass
    #PlusUltra!!!
    #StormCaster
    The Piercing Light of AmunRa!!!!!
    MUTANT and PROUD
    #KRAKOA FOREVER

    #catchmutanthands

  14. #8459
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Now, I don’t like BP, but honestly and IMO.

    I think T’Challa is more interesting when he not focused on Wakanda specifically.
    why do you think he is more interesting when he is not focused on his own country?

    I found that so adorable he would use her as a passcode. that is just so freaking cute!

    nakia who??? lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #8460
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why do you think he is more interesting when he is not focused on his own country?

    I found that so adorable he would use her as a passcode. that is just so freaking cute!

    nakia who??? lolol
    Cute, but kinda dumb. That would be like the easiest password that anyone trying to hack into his stuff could think of

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •