Page 572 of 662 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol I'm not quite sure but she because a true God a while ago. I'm not sure what the extent of her powers was but I think she died somehow. and now that she is back I'm not sure she retained those abilities.
    Hmmmm that must be put to the test.......

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Hmmmm that must be put to the test.......
    yea I think the verdict is out for ororo too. I want to believe that duggan will respect what Coates has done but I'm honestly not encouraged he will.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

I did. But that not substantial proof of you don’t have anything to back that up. Meaning We need instance of seeing Goddess Storm durability being put to the test. Other than that those are just words and assumptions.

I got it, but the fact of the matter is being a God can play a role.

Yes, it needs to really be shown. As far as I know, that's happened once in BP against the adversary. And, honestly, I'm still uncertain what in the hell she blasted him with. Some kind of energy maybe. But it looked like lightning to me. I think we've all said it before. The fact that we are going back and forth about what her godhood means, looks like or whether there is a god mode she enters, is a problem of writers, Coates and others, not defining what it means for her to be a goddess in the comics. We need to be able to SEE it in use and in multiple ways so we truly understands what it means. Hell, Ororo could even have inner dialogue about the difference. Something, dammit, or why bother mentioning it at all.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Who the hell is Siryn wait Banshee’s cousin??? Is a God????? A God of what? Foolishness!?
    Siryn.

She was granted the mantle of the Morrigan The Celtic Goddess of War and Death...operative word, "granted".
    ...And was then subsequently ignored/forgotten by all and sundry.
    She didn't have inherent "Goddess" potential, like Storm.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Yes, it needs to really be shown. As far as I know, that's happened once in BP against the adversary. And, honestly, I'm still uncertain what in the hell she blasted him with. Some kind of energy maybe. But it looked like lightning to me. I think we've all said it before. The fact that we are going back and forth about what her godhood means, looks like or whether there is a god mode she enters, is a problem of writers, Coates and others, not defining what it means for her to be a goddess in the comics. We need to be able to SEE it in use and in multiple ways so we truly understands what it means. Hell, Ororo could even have inner dialogue about the difference. Something, dammit, or why bother mentioning it at all.
    I think for you to understand what exactly occurred when they fought in black panther you have to know the history of the xmen when they fought prior to this. when adversary was attempting to make the earth in his own image, the xmen were powerless against him. he had a weakness towards metal but their physical power didnt harm him in any way. forge ultimately cast a spell that requires the xmen to sacrifice their souls to lock him away in another dimension but he couldnt ultimately be destroyed. prior to this forge explained to ororo that adversary was afraid of him and her. it was understood why he was afraid of forge as he was able to banish him but we didn't find out with ororo why adversary was afraid of her until Coates run. she attempted to stop his weather but couldnt and was only able to defeat him and his weather when she embraced the power of her godhead which allowed her to channel the faith of those who believed in her into energy that nearly eviscerated him. her using her regular lightning or weather powers against him would do him no harm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

As much as I'm enjoying Storm in this DoX era I really hope we get a Storm led team book sometime next year, y'know once she's done being kidnapped by whoever.

Considering her role on the council as well as being a sort of spiritual spokesperson for this new Resurrection process what do you think a Storm lead team book should be about?

What's the mission statement? Who's on the team? What's the conflict?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    You are 100% correct.

yea I think the verdict is out for ororo too. I want to believe that duggan will respect what Coates has done but I'm honestly not encouraged he will.
    We shall see in time. I also don’t know if Duggan will respect Coates I mean Coates isn’t apart of this big DOX era. Really Coates is the one that has to respect anything that comes from DOX. Because JDW and Hickman are watching EVERYTHING. So who knows.

I only have faith in Duggan because I’ve read his work. And he does a great job in a Team Dynamic. Coates on the other hand is good, but he is for all intents and purpose he’s The New Guy on the block. His work makes me skeptical. I re-read Black Panther and the Crew and I wasn’t happy. Making Storm a God was a good step, but he hasn’t done anything with that concept YET.......

All in all you have to wait and see...

There is no verdict for Storm she’s a God really nothing else you can say.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Siryn.

She was granted the mantle of the Morrigan The Celtic Goddess of War and Death...operative word, "granted".
    ...And was then subsequently ignored/forgotten by all and sundry.
    She didn't have inherent "Goddess" potential, like Storm.
    Thank You sir much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    As much as I'm enjoying Storm in this DoX era I really hope we get a Storm led team book sometime next year, y'know once she's done being kidnapped by whoever.

Considering her role on the council as well as being a sort of spiritual spokesperson for this new Resurrection process what do you think a Storm lead team book should be about?

What's the mission statement? Who's on the team? What's the conflict?
    I liked what windrider mentioned. I think she should lead a team that is has krakoan/human members that work to show that human and mutants can work together to fight common threats against the world. I'm not sure who should be on the team so long as there are mutants and human alike but the conflict would be to fight against those who would profit the most from mutant/human division.

You are 100% correct.

We shall see in time. I also don’t know if Duggan will respect Coates I mean Coates isn’t apart of this big DOX era. Really Coates is the one that has to respect anything that comes from DOX. Because JDW and Hickman are watching EVERYTHING. So who knows.

I only have faith in Duggan because I’ve read his work. And he does a great job in a Team Dynamic. Coates on the other hand is good, but he is for all intents and purpose he’s The New Guy on the block. His work makes me skeptical. I re-read Black Panther and the Crew and I wasn’t happy. Making Storm a God was a good step, but he hasn’t done anything with that concept YET.......

All in all you have to wait and see...

There is no verdict for Storm she’s a God really nothing else you can say.
    well I disagree here. Hickman said that writers should do their best to align to existing canon as opposed to writing stories to fit what they want to tell. so BP was established xenon before these guys started their thing with hox/dox. but I do agree with you we have to wait and see.

I think coates wanted to use her solo to explore her godhead but the xoffices didnt greenlight it. that's why I think its taking forever for us to know what's going on with it as now he has to integrate in into the BP story without hijacking it sole for that purpose.

BANNED

Coates definitely needs to go into further detail about the Hadari Yao. We need a clear definition to her power. As it stands, she’s only managed to pull feats that Storm could do under her normal power levels. He and Guggenheim essentially told the same exact stories. Coates just made it so that her power enhancement came from within. She’s shot lightning and nothing else. Her title as the goddess that preserves the balance of all natural things would appear to suggest a power that is more that a mere amplification to her mutant power imho.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Coates definitely needs to go into further detail about the Hadari Yao. We need a clear definition to her power. As it stands, she’s only managed to pull feats that Storm could do under her normal power levels. He and Guggenheim essentially told the same exact stories. Coates just made it so that her power enhancement came from within. She’s shot lightning and nothing else. Her title as the goddess that preserves the balance of all natural things would appear to suggest a power that is more that a mere amplification to her mutant power imho.
    I agree with wholeheartedly. though I'm not sure who or what Guggenheim is. never heard of him. I'm hioing as I mentioned to sp that we see this further development in this current arc that we are in.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-18-2019 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

well I disagree here. Hickman said that writers should do their best to align to existing canon as opposed to writing stories to fit what they want to tell. so BP was established xenon before these guys started their thing with hox/dox. but I do agree with you we have to wait and see.

I think coates wanted to use her solo to explore her godhead but the xoffices didnt greenlight it. that's why I think its taking forever for us to know what's going on with it as now he has to integrate in into the BP story without hijacking it sole for that purpose.
    Yes, that’s true Hickman did say that. But now that there is a status quo with this DOX. Every other writer outside of the X-Offfice need to conform and follow this now existing canon. Yes, the same goes with the X-Men writers of DOX too. They also need to be aware of what’s going on outside of DOX. But for The most part don’t think that Hickman and JDW are not paying attention to other writers that are using X-Men characters.......

I mean they are watching like a Hawk. Not only that they are watching the writers with the X-Men titles so they don’t F%* Up.

Everyone is under surveillance LOL

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post

I agree with wholeheartedly. though I'm not sure who or what Guggenheim is. ndvervhrsrd of him. I'm hioing as I mentioned to sp that we see this further development in this current arc that we are in.
    I agree.

IMO Coates needs to do something. And soon. His Storm is pretty boring to me. And the momentum he had with her during the Goddess Storm arc is dying out.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-18-2019 at 01:46 PM.

I agree with wholeheartedly. though I'm not sure who or what Guggenheim is. never heard of him. I'm hioing as I mentioned to sp that we see this further development in this current arc that we are in.
    Hammer time!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hammer time!

YES!!!!!!!

Hammertime!!!!!!!!!!!