Page 597 of 662 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607647 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it doesnt matter if he worshiped her or not. its established canon that her will is beyond SKs control. he even was unable to control her mind as Farook when she was just a child.
    He controlled her in New Mutants himself. She crawled on the floor for him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    One of the biggest problems these days are characters propping others. I having my problems with Jean on Dawn of X and Ororo too. We are seeing she not being the leader on her team and now she is in danger and has to be rescued. we never see the male big guns having this problem
    Maybe the writer will be more thoughtful and have Ororo with more agency to save herself.

yes yes yes to all of this. and let's not forget she is on a team where she is led by kitty once again. could you imagine the backlash if Scott was taking orders or even put in a position to where he was on team led by kitty regardless of the reason???

why people suggest fans of a character should just be ok with lowballing is beyond me. people can be happy to read such stories but dont be surprised when others find issue with the premise when considering past depictions from canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

why wouldnt sk want to target one of the most powerful mutants such as apocalypse or exodus or legion or heck even jean? sk is an opportunist that wants ultimate power. unless you are suggesting ororo is the most powerful mutant on krakoa I'm sure there are other ways the drama between Emma and Jean could have been hammered out without the need to subject ororo to further mind control plot devices which by the way I showed you she was able to break free from on her own without needing help from any telepaths.
    Legion is MIA. That was mentioned in HoX #1 as he might still be in Age of X-man universe

Apocalypse is also mixxed up in Otherworld

Exodus? He's a villain thats rarely used and has weak ties to Emma and Jean. Its obvious why he wouldnt be at the center of the rescue mission

Jean could have been used as the target but then that changes the shift of the story from what they are going for here. Besides it makes little sense to redefine her as an omega mutant for her TP and then to need her to be saved by a weaker telepath and non-telepath

I actually dont think Storm will be mind controlled. Maybe but I thought she may be in a mental coma, much like Xavier was in New X-men with the two telepaths going inside her head to free her from the SK's hold

BANNED

why people suggest fans of a character should just be ok with lowballing is beyond me. people can be happy to read such stories but dont be surprised when others find issue with the premise when considering past depictions from canon.
    We’re not okay with those things. We simply don’t agree with you on the premise. See you in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Legion is MIA. That was mentioned in HoX #1 as he might still be in Age of X-man universe

Apocalypse is also mixxed up in Otherworld

Exodus? He's a villain thats rarely used and has weak ties to Emma and Jean. Its obvious why he wouldnt be at the center of the rescue mission

Jean could have been used as the target but then that changes the shift of the story from what they are going for here. Besides it makes little sense to redefine her as an omega mutant for her TP and then to need her to be saved by a weaker telepath and non-telepath
    storm is in wakanda. she is not just running errands for kitty and Emma. there can be a case made for why she isnt there.

I doubt Jean is the target. the solicit said ororo needs to be rescued. I mean all of this is speculation but it seems like we are getting a revamped mind controlled story of red but this time we just have Emma in the loop for dramas sake. again I'm sure there will be lots of goodies for Jean and Emma fans especially since their names are on the book but nothing about this book has me excited for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He controlled her in New Mutants himself. She crawled on the floor for him.
    It could be argued that her telepathy-resistance is one part her natural willpower, and one part her mutant metabolism/energy powers(same goes for Magneto). SK controlled her in New Mutants when she was in her powerless phase, and was that even while he was in Karma's body(who's specific form of telepathy was greater than even Xavier's of SK's in terms of possession)?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

We’re not okay with those things. We simply don’t agree with you on the premise. See you in February.
    clearly you are ok with those things hun that's why we disagree.

BANNED

clearly you are ok with those things hun that's why we disagree.
    No, I simply see it differently. You equate enjoying Ororo in these books with her being “lowballed” and disrespected. I disagree with this opinion of the books and don’t have to adopt that premise or opinion, I have my own. If you don’t agree that’s fine, but I don’t need to justify it to you or anyone else.

No, I simply see it differently. You equate enjoying Ororo in these books with her being “lowballed” and disrespected. I disagree with this opinion of the books and don’t have to adopt that premise or opinion, I have my own. If you don’t agree that’s fine, but I don’t need to justify it to you or anyone else.
    who said you need to justify anything to me? I asked a question why couldnt another mutant or character be used when it is clear this is a book meant to put Jean and Emma together. but because I challenge your points please dont assume I'm doing so in an effort to have you adopt my ideas or thoughts. I never suggested the such.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-22-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It could be argued that her telepathy-resistance is one part her natural willpower, and one part her mutant metabolism/energy powers(same goes for Magneto). SK controlled her in New Mutants when she was in her powerless phase, and was that even while he was in Karma's body(who's specific form of telepathy was greater than even Xavier's of SK's in terms of possession)?
    she was even able to resist malice without her powers:

she was able to control the others with their powers easily:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-22-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So your advocating taking away one of ororo's biggest archenemies since childhood? Hmm. I think that hurts storm more than what you perceive the story to be. But ok.
    ororo doesnt have a monopoly on shadow king lol. she can have other rogues just as he can.

ororo doesnt have a monopoly on shadow king lol. she can have other rogues just as he can.

So you would rather Storm just not appear in the story at all?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't see why it would be so hard to believe Shadow King could get to a Storm at a weak point when Hickman has already laid the seeds for this story to say storm has been running herself ragged with little to no rest running around the world saving mutant lives.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So you would rather Storm just not appear in the story at all?
    actually yes. that is exactly what I would prefer. of course all of this is speculation but what I expect to be discovered is that ororo could be replaced with another character and it wouldnt change the story Hickman wants to tell about Emma and Jean.

actually yes. that is exactly what I would prefer. of course all of this is speculation but what I expect to be discovered is that ororo could be replaced with another character and it wouldnt change the story Hickman wants to tell about Emma and Jean.
    so you would rather Storm not have a story that could have some potential to her than her have a story where you think she will be used in a way that you don't like. Well ok.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.